• Swapping over after new smart meter install

Hi,

I'm moving over to pure planet in the next week or so but I have a few questions as I've just had a smart meter installed.

1) Do I need to provide the new meter number or does that not matter and just provide the details from my old bill.

2) this the 2nd generation meter so will it automatically provide the readings? If not, why? I've been advised that these are fully compatable with all new suppliers.

3) Will the current provider send someone out to confirm my readings or will these be recorded automatically and sent to pure planet as it's now a smart meter.

Thanks!
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Hi,

I'm moving over to pure planet in the next week or so but I have a few questions as I've just had a smart meter installed.

1) Do I need to provide the new meter number or does that not matter and just provide the details from my old bill.

2) this the 2nd generation meter so will it automatically provide the readings? If not, why? I've been advised that these are fully compatable with all new suppliers.

3) Will the current provider send someone out to confirm my readings or will these be recorded automatically and sent to pure planet as it's now a smart meter.

Thanks!
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

This is the latest info I can find in the FAQs
    https://community.purepla.net/conten...anet#ckb_start
    Not sure it answers your questions!
  • This is the latest info I can find in the FAQs
    https://community.purepla.net/conten...anet#ckb_start
    Not sure it answers your questions!

• Quote Originally Posted by Savo83 View Post
    Hi,

Thanks!

Welcome to the community.

Not wishing to pre-empt anyone else but I would answer,

1, Yes probably, but provide as much information as possible.

2, It should do but there is no guarantee it will do so straight away, as it may take a short time for it to get on your new suppliers system.

3, If you can send photos as proof of readings and these fit in with expectations then there should be no one for any one to call, a smart meter does not broadcast your readings it only responds to requests.

HTH
  • Quote Originally Posted by Savo83 View Post
    Hi,

Thanks!

Welcome to the community.

Not wishing to pre-empt anyone else but I would answer,

1, Yes probably, but provide as much information as possible.

2, It should do but there is no guarantee it will do so straight away, as it may take a short time for it to get on your new suppliers system.

3, If you can send photos as proof of readings and these fit in with expectations then there should be no one for any one to call, a smart meter does not broadcast your readings it only responds to requests.

HTH

• subtle but I like your style...
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenrand View Post
    in the FAQs
  • subtle but I like your style...
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenrand View Post
    in the FAQs