• IHD woes

My smart meters were fitted in May, and apart from a few problems have been working ok.

On Sunday my daughter unplugged the IHD to use the socket, since then it has shown " connecting to smart meter " I gave restarted,and reset it but it still won't connect, as it is sitting approx 30cm above the electric meter distance is not the problem.
    I have exhausted all my ideas, so now turn to the community to see if you can offer anything else.
  • My smart meters were fitted in May, and apart from a few problems have been working ok.

On Sunday my daughter unplugged the IHD to use the socket, since then it has shown " connecting to smart meter " I gave restarted,and reset it but it still won't connect, as it is sitting approx 30cm above the electric meter distance is not the problem.
    I have exhausted all my ideas, so now turn to the community to see if you can offer anything else.

• reset?
    Quote Originally Posted by Duppy View Post
    My smart meters were fitted in May, and apart from a few problems have been working ok.

• reset?

• Already done it woz
    I did contact the team, but they could only offer moving it closer, ( it's virtually on top of it ) or restarting which I have done or citing the connection issues
    It's annoying, more so that it was working fine until it was unplugged.
    Last edited by Duppy; 03-09-19 at 16:38.
  • Already done it woz
    I did contact the team, but they could only offer moving it closer, ( it's virtually on top of it ) or restarting which I have done or citing the connection issues

• hi Duppy
    ​move it about 8-10 feet away, restart it and leave it for a day...it might come right...
    ​Is it showing signal strength on the icons on LHS?
    bl**dy technology...

Already done it woz
    Last edited by woz; 03-09-19 at 21:58.
  • hi Duppy
    ​move it about 8-10 feet away, restart it and leave it for a day...it might come right...
    ​Is it showing signal strength on the icons on LHS?
    bl**dy technology...

Already done it woz

• Quote Originally Posted by Duppy View Post
    Already done it woz
    Bloody kids, I blame the parents. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

It's like my computer when it says it can't see a printer and it's next to it. 😒

On a serious note it sometimes needs the meter to send out a signal or two for the IHD to respond, as Woz says leave it for a day, then you chuck it in the bin.
  • Quote Originally Posted by Duppy View Post
    Already done it woz
    Bloody kids, I blame the parents. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

It's like my computer when it says it can't see a printer and it's next to it. 😒

On a serious note it sometimes needs the meter to send out a signal or two for the IHD to respond, as Woz says leave it for a day, then you chuck it in the bin.

• That's what I like to hear, a bit like John Lewis, "Never knowingly beaten.

Quote Originally Posted by X Driver View Post
    , ........then you chuck it in the bin.
  • That's what I like to hear, a bit like John Lewis, "Never knowingly beaten.

Quote Originally Posted by X Driver View Post
    , ........then you chuck it in the bin.

• Get a new daughter 🤬🤬🤬😂😂😂😂
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • Get a new daughter 🤬🤬🤬😂😂😂😂
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN

• Hi Duppy after a couple of teething problems my IHD had been working fine and then lost connection on the 22nd August and has never found it again. I think it has had a “conscious uncoupling” from my meters. Messaged the team and they said wait for the firmware update at the end of September. Not convinced as I thought the firmware update was to sort issues in the north and I was part of the southern roll out.
  • Hi Duppy after a couple of teething problems my IHD had been working fine and then lost connection on the 22nd August and has never found it again. I think it has had a “conscious uncoupling” from my meters. Messaged the team and they said wait for the firmware update at the end of September. Not convinced as I thought the firmware update was to sort issues in the north and I was part of the southern roll out.

• Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    Get a new daughter 🤬🤬🤬😂😂😂😂
    She was actually doing me a favour by cleaning the interior of the car after helping my son to move, I was on video chat at the time trying to remotely connect his washing machine
  • Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    Get a new daughter 🤬🤬🤬😂😂😂😂
    She was actually doing me a favour by cleaning the interior of the car after helping my son to move, I was on video chat at the time trying to remotely connect his washing machine

• Quote Originally Posted by ChrisH View Post
    Messaged the team and they said wait for the firmware update at the end of September. Not convinced as I thought the firmware update was to sort issues in the north and I was part of the southern roll out.
    Yes that's what they said to me, I pointed out it worked fine until it was unplugged
  • Quote Originally Posted by ChrisH View Post
    Messaged the team and they said wait for the firmware update at the end of September. Not convinced as I thought the firmware update was to sort issues in the north and I was part of the southern roll out.
    Yes that's what they said to me, I pointed out it worked fine until it was unplugged