• Why is my balance £300 in credit

I’ve been with you for a year now and I have built up a credit of nearly £300 now I am not very happy I know my payments have been reduced but I shall be a few months before I owe you money why can’t I have a meter and pay what I use every month
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • I’ve been with you for a year now and I have built up a credit of nearly £300 now I am not very happy I know my payments have been reduced but I shall be a few months before I owe you money why can’t I have a meter and pay what I use every month
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hi,
    most energy companies have fixed DDs. and PP does this also.
    you should always be in credit by roughly 1 months DD at any time.
    So if you're way over that in credit, you can ask PP to review and refund.
    You need to send your message to the team directly via Wattbot.
    if you go to the app and click on the 3 lines at the top right, then click on help, then ask Wattbot,
    Then you need to type in 'message the team'
    then you can send them your message. Might take a couple of days to get back to you, but they will
  • Hi,
    most energy companies have fixed DDs. and PP does this also.
    So if you're way over that in credit, you can ask PP to review and refund.
    if you go to the app and click on the 3 lines at the top right, then click on help, then ask Wattbot,
    then you can send them your message. Might take a couple of days to get back to you, but they will

• Why is my balance £300 in credit

Hi I’m just wondering how long it will take to get my balance which is nearly £300 in credit at a more level playing field even though the monthly direct debits have come down
  • Hi I’m just wondering how long it will take to get my balance which is nearly £300 in credit at a more level playing field even though the monthly direct debits have come down

• Hi
    So if you're way over that in credit, you can ask PP to review and refund via Wattbot.
  • Hi
    So if you're way over that in credit, you can ask PP to review and refund via Wattbot.

• hi April
    Just to add that the statement that the account will be around a months payment in credit applies when the dd has just been paid as it's usually paid at the start of your billing period .
    It depends on how long you've been a customer, I'm guessing it's just under a year, if so if your average payment was for example £120 a month your overpayment would be £180 over 12 months or £15 a month (equates to £12 warmer/ £18 colder months)
    When you ask wattbot if you do agree on a refund of part rather than just adjusting the DD, be sure to ask for a timescale for when the refund will be paid, I can't see why it should take long but I don't know how PP's systems work.
    (The DD will increase in October but you know that).
    Quote Originally Posted by april1949 View Post
    Hi I’m just wondering how long it will take to get my balance which is nearly £300 in credit at a more level playing field even though the monthly direct debits have come down
  • hi April
    Just to add that the statement that the account will be around a months payment in credit applies when the dd has just been paid as it's usually paid at the start of your billing period .
    It depends on how long you've been a customer, I'm guessing it's just under a year, if so if your average payment was for example £120 a month your overpayment would be £180 over 12 months or £15 a month (equates to £12 warmer/ £18 colder months)
    When you ask wattbot if you do agree on a refund of part rather than just adjusting the DD, be sure to ask for a timescale for when the refund will be paid, I can't see why it should take long but I don't know how PP's systems work.
    (The DD will increase in October but you know that).

• I also had a balance of over £300. So asked for a refund. Seeing as my dd's were obvs abit high i had them reduced and my money was refunded withing 5 working days. Just leaving enough money in my account to cover a months usage.
    If you have only reduced your payments without having a refund and want you balance to even out (i might be completely wrong but thats how i read it) then i guess your payments are now less than your actual usage? Id sugest getting a refund and having dd's reduced to a better amount so that you dont get the big build up again. Will also stop you having to alter account again if you are paying less than using.
  • I also had a balance of over £300. So asked for a refund. Seeing as my dd's were obvs abit high i had them reduced and my money was refunded withing 5 working days. Just leaving enough money in my account to cover a months usage.
    If you have only reduced your payments without having a refund and want you balance to even out (i might be completely wrong but thats how i read it) then i guess your payments are now less than your actual usage? Id sugest getting a refund and having dd's reduced to a better amount so that you dont get the big build up again. Will also stop you having to alter account again if you are paying less than using.

• Hi April
    PP and most other energy companies don't work that way, and you can easily get as refund as described.
    I'd be interested to see if you can find a company that works in the way you've described, but don't forget your payments are calculated to work over a year, and there is always going to be some fluctuation, and..your balance can also go negative so it cuts both ways.

I’ve been with you for a year now and I have built up a credit of nearly £300 now I am not very happy I know my payments have been reduced but I shall be a few months before I owe you money why can’t I have a meter and pay what I use every month
  • Hi April
    PP and most other energy companies don't work that way, and you can easily get as refund as described.
    I'd be interested to see if you can find a company that works in the way you've described, but don't forget your payments are calculated to work over a year, and there is always going to be some fluctuation, and..your balance can also go negative so it cuts both ways.