• Installing gas meter / phone customer service??

My wife recommends that we join Pure Planet. I can't see a phone number anywhere so does that mean they have no telephone customer service ever? Does that mean staff respond quickly to emails and forum messages? Why no phones?

We need to get a gas meter installed, we've just had the mains gas laid to the house. That's the kind of thing where talking to a person, I'd be able to explain to them about this but I don't rate my chances on an app of any sort.
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • My wife recommends that we join Pure Planet. I can't see a phone number anywhere so does that mean they have no telephone customer service ever? Does that mean staff respond quickly to emails and forum messages? Why no phones?

We need to get a gas meter installed, we've just had the mains gas laid to the house. That's the kind of thing where talking to a person, I'd be able to explain to them about this but I don't rate my chances on an app of any sort.
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

hi Rick
    There are no call centres, communication is via wattbot, not instant usually within 24 hours or via the community for general non account specific advice. Also PP is available online so not mandatory to use the app.
    That said PP don't do new installs (yes if it's a change of existing meter and you're with PP, but yours isn't), you need to deal with one of the big six, once you're up and running you can always come back to PP for a look.
    ​Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickStoic View Post
    My wife recommends that we join Pure Planet. I can't see a phone number anywhere so does that mean they have no telephone customer service ever? Does that mean staff respond quickly to emails and forum messages? Why no phones?

• hi Rick
    There are no call centres, communication is via wattbot, not instant usually within 24 hours or via the community for general non account specific advice. Also PP is available online so not mandatory to use the app.
    That said PP don't do new installs (yes if it's a change of existing meter and you're with PP, but yours isn't), you need to deal with one of the big six, once you're up and running you can always come back to PP for a look.
    ​Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickStoic View Post

• Hey @RickStoic and welcome to the PP Community

We also have an FAQ about getting your property set up with electricity and gas which may help explain what to do! @woz is spot on

We're 100% digital so you can manage your account via app or via purepla.net - this allows us to be more efficient and save money, savings which we pass on to you!

As @woz advised you can always switch to us once you're up and running, if you'd like
  • Hey @RickStoic and welcome to the PP Community

We also have an FAQ about getting your property set up with electricity and gas which may help explain what to do! @woz is spot on

We're 100% digital so you can manage your account via app or via purepla.net - this allows us to be more efficient and save money, savings which we pass on to you!

As @woz advised you can always switch to us once you're up and running, if you'd like