• "Sorry, I can't give you a quote..." message on app

This message keeps greeting me when I try to complete my switch from a comparison site

update: now, when I click on the link that was sent via text from pureplanet, the app opens but says it is an invalid logon link
    Last edited by Richard A; 02-09-19 at 17:42. Reason: additional info
  • This message keeps greeting me when I try to complete my switch from a comparison site

update: now, when I click on the link that was sent via text from pureplanet, the app opens but says it is an invalid logon link

• hi Richard
    I have no idea..but here are some suggestions
    by chance did you get a quote on PP before you went onto the comparison website and with the same email address?
    Have you tried logging out of the app (or online) and starting again? Log out not close it.
    Have you cleared cache and cookies?
    and if all else fails do you have another email address you could use to start again.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard A View Post
    This message keeps greeting me when I try to complete my switch from a comparison site

Last edited by woz; 02-09-19 at 17:57.
  • hi Richard
    I have no idea..but here are some suggestions
    by chance did you get a quote on PP before you went onto the comparison website and with the same email address?
    Have you tried logging out of the app (or online) and starting again? Log out not close it.
    Have you cleared cache and cookies?
    and if all else fails do you have another email address you could use to start again.

• HI,
    First quote was from comparison site.Tried both logging out of app and deleting app and reinstalling.
    The problem with starting again is that the comparison site quote is linked to a tracker that comes with cashback. Also, if I look at a new quote from PP it is higher that the original quote and of course has no cashback.
  • HI,
    First quote was from comparison site.Tried both logging out of app and deleting app and reinstalling.
    The problem with starting again is that the comparison site quote is linked to a tracker that comes with cashback. Also, if I look at a new quote from PP it is higher that the original quote and of course has no cashback.

• Quote Originally Posted by Richard A View Post
    HI,
    Hi there
    This doesn't help your technical questions, but regardless of your quotes, if you join Pure Planet there's only one tariff and you will pay for what you use.
    I realise the cashback is a different consideration!
    Stephen
  • Quote Originally Posted by Richard A View Post
    HI,
    Hi there
    This doesn't help your technical questions, but regardless of your quotes, if you join Pure Planet there's only one tariff and you will pay for what you use.
    I realise the cashback is a different consideration!
    Stephen

• hi Richard
    I was hesitant to reply to this as I can't make sense of what's happening, but hey it's never stopped me before..
    I must admit to a gap in my knowledge re switching from a comp. website, I'm going to post about this as I too need some clarification.

Which comparison site was it?
    Here is what it says in the FAQ
    If you find Pure Planet through a PCW you can get a quote and follow the steps to add all your details there (including your DD details). We'll then send you a verification email - once you verify your email, we'll start your switch.
    So if you've done that perhaps your switch has started?
    and perhaps that's why you can't get a quote?
    Have you had a welcome pack?
    An equivalent quote is only higher on PP because the comparison site is showing the cost after cashback, the energy prices are the same whether you go directly or through a comp site.
    Therefore your concern here is that the comparison website may not track your referral, but if it does not track, as long as they have your application and you've switched they should pay it.
    If you log in you should see the progress of your switch.
    Your next step should be to log in - delete all login mails, enter your email address and click on link in new login mail.
    You should see progress of your switch. If wattbot is available in help, go to wattbot, type message the team and ask pp to confirm your switch is in progress. If it isn't one of the team will check after reading this

-----------------------------

Below is my original reply - please ignore it for the moment until I get my facts straight...

Have you cleared your cache and cookies?

Are you doing this on a computer or a phone/tablet?

Not sure what's going on here, you're saying that the link from the PP email takes you to the app, so lets take it a step at a time.
    Log out of the app, close it, delete all the login mails from PP if you have any, but don't delete the mail you got from PP which was as a result of going to the comparison site.
    Now click on the mail you got as a result of the comp. site and it opens the app? (app or online?) At that point you should be able to complete. You haven't logged in at that point? What options do you see?
    Do you need to get a quote?
    I have to show my ignorance here - need help from someone who has been down this route recently, I thought the quote was already made at the comparison website and this was just a case of filling in your details?
    The comparison site tracks to PP, PP send the email, click on email and complete process.
    BUT, as long as you complete a switch using the same email address you used at the comparison website it should track?

HI,
    Last edited by woz; 02-09-19 at 23:13.
  • hi Richard
    I was hesitant to reply to this as I can't make sense of what's happening, but hey it's never stopped me before..
    I must admit to a gap in my knowledge re switching from a comp. website, I'm going to post about this as I too need some clarification.

Which comparison site was it?
    Here is what it says in the FAQ
    If you find Pure Planet through a PCW you can get a quote and follow the steps to add all your details there (including your DD details). We'll then send you a verification email - once you verify your email, we'll start your switch.
    So if you've done that perhaps your switch has started?
    and perhaps that's why you can't get a quote?
    Have you had a welcome pack?
    An equivalent quote is only higher on PP because the comparison site is showing the cost after cashback, the energy prices are the same whether you go directly or through a comp site.
    Therefore your concern here is that the comparison website may not track your referral, but if it does not track, as long as they have your application and you've switched they should pay it.
    If you log in you should see the progress of your switch.
    Your next step should be to log in - delete all login mails, enter your email address and click on link in new login mail.
    You should see progress of your switch. If wattbot is available in help, go to wattbot, type message the team and ask pp to confirm your switch is in progress. If it isn't one of the team will check after reading this

-----------------------------

Below is my original reply - please ignore it for the moment until I get my facts straight...

Have you cleared your cache and cookies?

Are you doing this on a computer or a phone/tablet?

Not sure what's going on here, you're saying that the link from the PP email takes you to the app, so lets take it a step at a time.
    Log out of the app, close it, delete all the login mails from PP if you have any, but don't delete the mail you got from PP which was as a result of going to the comparison site.
    Now click on the mail you got as a result of the comp. site and it opens the app? (app or online?) At that point you should be able to complete. You haven't logged in at that point? What options do you see?
    Do you need to get a quote?
    I have to show my ignorance here - need help from someone who has been down this route recently, I thought the quote was already made at the comparison website and this was just a case of filling in your details?
    The comparison site tracks to PP, PP send the email, click on email and complete process.
    BUT, as long as you complete a switch using the same email address you used at the comparison website it should track?

HI,