• Smart meter - switching from British gas

I cannot get a gas reading - I think I have managed to get the kWh reading but cannot see a second one
    My switch date is today
    What do I do??
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • I cannot get a gas reading - I think I have managed to get the kWh reading but cannot see a second one
    My switch date is today
    What do I do??
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

hi pet1969 (a great year!)
    don't panic (yet)

You need to read the actual meters not an in home display)
    Are you being asked for two electric readings or one? Is that the issue that you can only see one?
    You don't say why you can't get a reading, is it because the display is blank? If so you need to wake up the gas meter by pressing one of the buttons red or A or B, or 9 (you may need to hold button for a sec or 2)
    What do your meters look like? Do you know who installed them? Was it Brit gas? if so instructions HERE
    With the gas you're looking for a reading in cu.m (cubic metres) it may say meter index.
    Here is some info on how to read them, if you are still stuck come back with more info?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pet1969 View Post
    I cannot get a gas reading - I think I have managed to get the kWh reading but cannot see a second one
    My switch date is today
    What do I do??
    Last edited by woz; 31-08-19 at 15:50.
  • hi pet1969 (a great year!)
    don't panic (yet)

You need to read the actual meters not an in home display)
    Are you being asked for two electric readings or one? Is that the issue that you can only see one?
    You don't say why you can't get a reading, is it because the display is blank? If so you need to wake up the gas meter by pressing one of the buttons red or A or B, or 9 (you may need to hold button for a sec or 2)
    What do your meters look like? Do you know who installed them? Was it Brit gas? if so instructions HERE
    With the gas you're looking for a reading in cu.m (cubic metres) it may say meter index.
    Here is some info on how to read them, if you are still stuck come back with more info?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pet1969 View Post
    My switch date is today
    What do I do??

• Hey, we’re all the same age πŸ™€πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜‚ Cool. Great year indeed! πŸ‘žπŸŒœ
    Last edited by Bev; 31-08-19 at 16:13. Reason: Ask the audience please Jeremy
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • Hey, we’re all the same age πŸ™€πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜‚ Cool. Great year indeed! πŸ‘žπŸŒœ
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN