• odd gas meter

Hello, my gas meter was changed earlier this year following a gas leak. Its an imperial meter with 5 digits followed by 3 digits in a red box. When I submit the meter reading I'm told that 5 digits is too long; when I ignore the last digit and resubmit a 4 digit reading I'm told that the figure is not what is expected (presumably too low a figure). Consequently my gas bill is always estimated.
    Its definitely not a digital meter (which has 5 digits) nor is it a dial meter.
    Any help with this please?
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Hello, my gas meter was changed earlier this year following a gas leak. Its an imperial meter with 5 digits followed by 3 digits in a red box. When I submit the meter reading I'm told that 5 digits is too long; when I ignore the last digit and resubmit a 4 digit reading I'm told that the figure is not what is expected (presumably too low a figure). Consequently my gas bill is always estimated.
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

hi chang
    ​Just to add to marc's reply, have another look at your meter I think you'll find it is now metric not imperial and measures in cubic metres. The meter database still thinks it's imperial hence the mismatch.
    I may be wrong...let us know
    Quote Originally Posted by chang View Post
    Hello, my gas meter was changed earlier this year following a gas leak. Its an imperial meter with 5 digits followed by 3 digits in a red box. When I submit the meter reading I'm told that 5 digits is too long; when I ignore the last digit and resubmit a 4 digit reading I'm told that the figure is not what is expected (presumably too low a figure). Consequently my gas bill is always estimated.
  • hi chang
    ​Just to add to marc's reply, have another look at your meter I think you'll find it is now metric not imperial and measures in cubic metres. The meter database still thinks it's imperial hence the mismatch.
    I may be wrong...let us know
    Quote Originally Posted by chang View Post

• Hey @chang and welcome to the PP Community

Sounds like there may be a mismatch of information about your meter on the national database, following your meter change.

As this is meter specific, I'd 'message the team' via WattBot ('help' > 'Ask Wattbot' in your account), and send them a photo of the full front of your meter and any yellow stickers with the meter change info on it.

They'll then be able to check your meter information for you

Hope that helps?
  • Hey @chang and welcome to the PP Community

Sounds like there may be a mismatch of information about your meter on the national database, following your meter change.

As this is meter specific, I'd 'message the team' via WattBot ('help' > 'Ask Wattbot' in your account), and send them a photo of the full front of your meter and any yellow stickers with the meter change info on it.

They'll then be able to check your meter information for you

Hope that helps?

• It was Nataly, Woz 😉
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • It was Nataly, Woz 😉
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN

• OK, thank you all for the advice. Will do as suggested.
  • OK, thank you all for the advice. Will do as suggested.

• What was Nataly...I was nowhere near her....it wasn't me guv, honest...
    ​oops... some mistake Shirley....
    thanks Bev
    haha I had to read through the whole b. thread before I realised why you'd posted that...

Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    It was Nataly, Woz ������
  • What was Nataly...I was nowhere near her....it wasn't me guv, honest...
    ​oops... some mistake Shirley....
    thanks Bev
    haha I had to read through the whole b. thread before I realised why you'd posted that...

Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    It was Nataly, Woz ������