POLL: Would you charge a neighbour or friend to look after their pet?
30-08-19, 11:17 - Views: 914
In a few weeks’ time a neighbour of ours is going away for a five-day mini break.
She’s asked us to pet sit her dog and cat. That’s two meals a day, morning and evening, and two walks a day (for the dog only, not the cat ).
Naturally she’ll leaving us her spare key and there’s going to be a cupboard full of pet food.
But it got me thinking….. Would it be rude for us to ask for some payment? I'll be honest and say that my instinct is no. Even though she’s not a close friend, she’s a neighbour, it's a good 'neighbourly' thing to do.
We’ve never asked her to look after our cats, and she’s not asked us before (I think she’s a bit desperate TBH). But still, that’s 10 walks and 10 feedings. Which takes time and effort. She's never asked us round to hers before.
So, maybe I should asked her for £50 for our time?!!
Or am I being a bit mean here?
Community Manager - Pure Planet
- New app update - get version 7.32.12 for new features including downloadable statements 😀
- Pure Planet Community latest highlights and rewards leaderboard 😍
- Community tips for an eco-friendly Christmas 🎄
- Sneak preview - how send a meter reading screens will look soon!
- What's the last movie you watched? A fun new thread from @Jowl 🎦
- Find out more about member @Gray4276 who is our latest community Zero Hero
- Why we're still asking for monthly readings from Members with new smart meters
- November photo challenge - illuminations✨
- POLL: What temperature do you heat your home to?