• HELP! I'm stuck in switching limbo. I can't download the app help help help

I have a MacBook and there is no app for it. I have a geriatric android which won't touch the app because the certificate doesn't match the Pure Planet name and I can't get out off this loop BECAUSE the website has no phone number, no email address, and deliberately avoids human intelligence, or so it seems to me.

I can't change anything because I'm in the process of switching and I have no app to complete the switch.

​What do I do now?
  • I have a MacBook and there is no app for it. I have a geriatric android which won't touch the app because the certificate doesn't match the Pure Planet name and I can't get out off this loop BECAUSE the website has no phone number, no email address, and deliberately avoids human intelligence, or so it seems to me.

I can't change anything because I'm in the process of switching and I have no app to complete the switch.

​What do I do now?

• hi worldbridger
    ​panic ye not
    go to purepla.net, you don’t need to use the app you can do it online now.
  • hi worldbridger
    ​panic ye not
    go to purepla.net, you don’t need to use the app you can do it online now.

• Good morning @worldbridger
    Nice username
    As @woz says, don't panic! Everything can be done in a web browser.
    Here's an FAQ if you fancy a read of it.
    Hope that gets it sorted. Happy to keep chatting here of course!
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Good morning @worldbridger
    Nice username
    As @woz says, don't panic! Everything can be done in a web browser.
    Here's an FAQ if you fancy a read of it.
    Hope that gets it sorted. Happy to keep chatting here of course!

• STILL MAROONED AND HOPELESS IN SWITCH HADES

It's over four weeks since I applied to switch and Pure Planet is still setting up my account. I have not received the email package it promised and thanks to someone saying there's no problem using the browser on my laptop I see that there is still one final box to be ticked. I accessed this page weeks ago and for some unknown weird reason I've never managed to get on to it again. Still, nothing further has occurred.

I remain in this weird wifi hinterland with no customer access to someone in Pure Planet who can reassure me that everything is progressing as it should. Right now it ain't. And I can't approach another supplier because Pure Planet is switching me. But it isn't. It's stalled me in a switch desert and I don't know how to restart and get going or pull the metaphorical key out of the metaphorical engine so I can find another supplier who I can actually communicate with! Wow, that would be something.

I have switched three or four times now. I've never had to wait and wait and wait with no contact or further confirmation with a welcome pack.

PURE PLANET AIN'T VIBING LIKE A FRIENDLY TRUSTWORTHY PLACE TO BE. It has frozen me in its orbit. HOW DO I GET FREE? There is nobody to ask for advice. I just get directed to text. Marc? Are you a person because your FAQ didn't do it for me. Pure Planet seems to me to be a robotic and hard hearted machine which has trapped me with the old supplier which has raised the price big time.

I want and need something to happen. Pure Planet release me or get on with it and send me the welcome pack.
  • It's over four weeks since I applied to switch and Pure Planet is still setting up my account. I have not received the email package it promised and thanks to someone saying there's no problem using the browser on my laptop I see that there is still one final box to be ticked. I accessed this page weeks ago and for some unknown weird reason I've never managed to get on to it again. Still, nothing further has occurred.

I remain in this weird wifi hinterland with no customer access to someone in Pure Planet who can reassure me that everything is progressing as it should. Right now it ain't. And I can't approach another supplier because Pure Planet is switching me. But it isn't. It's stalled me in a switch desert and I don't know how to restart and get going or pull the metaphorical key out of the metaphorical engine so I can find another supplier who I can actually communicate with! Wow, that would be something.

I have switched three or four times now. I've never had to wait and wait and wait with no contact or further confirmation with a welcome pack.

PURE PLANET AIN'T VIBING LIKE A FRIENDLY TRUSTWORTHY PLACE TO BE. It has frozen me in its orbit. HOW DO I GET FREE? There is nobody to ask for advice. I just get directed to text. Marc? Are you a person because your FAQ didn't do it for me. Pure Planet seems to me to be a robotic and hard hearted machine which has trapped me with the old supplier which has raised the price big time.

I want and need something to happen. Pure Planet release me or get on with it and send me the welcome pack.

• Hi again @worldbridger
    FYI I've moved your new posts to the same place as your old one. This is just so we don't end up having duplicate conversations in different parts of the community.
    I'm going to have a chat with our Member services team.
    Back in a sec.

• Hi again @worldbridger
    FYI I've moved your new posts to the same place as your old one. This is just so we don't end up having duplicate conversations in different parts of the community.
    I'm going to have a chat with our Member services team.
    Back in a sec.

• Hi @worldbridger
    So it looks like you've started a switch to us from a price comparison website, but not actually completed the switch.
    It's over four weeks since I applied to switch and Pure Planet is still setting up my account. I have not received the email package it promised and thanks to someone saying there's no problem using the browser on my laptop I see that there is still one final box to be ticked. I accessed this page weeks ago and for some unknown weird reason I've never managed to get on to it again. Still, nothing further has occurred.
    To confirm - did you receive a welcome pack from us? If not, there's been no switch.

Re-starting the switch is the best way forward. You can do that on web of course.

• Hi @worldbridger
    So it looks like you've started a switch to us from a price comparison website, but not actually completed the switch.
    To confirm - did you receive a welcome pack from us? If not, there's been no switch.

Re-starting the switch is the best way forward. You can do that on web of course.

• hi worldbridger
    may i make a suggestion? Firstly there are parts of your message which are confusing, so it’s hard to know what’s actually happened here.When you applied on the comparison site presumably you then followed an email link and tried to complete the registration with pp?? so I can’t understand what part has failed? Are you now able to login to your account?
    The part that’s confusing and hasn’t been addressed is the Heisenberg part, either you’ve switched in which case you can’t (if in progress) switch elsewhere or you haven’t in which case you’re free to go elsewhere- you claim to be stuck which implies that you’re in the process of switching, perhaps it’s a Schrodinger switch?
    This hinges on whether you completed the process and entered bank details etc, did you get to the end of the registration process? Are you saying that there’s a box to be ticked but you can’t tick it? If that’s the case you haven’t switched - that would be self evident and you would not be prevented from going elsewhere?

My suggestion is that you start again on the PP website and preferably use another email address if you have one where you can get the emails on the device you’re using. I think in the circumstances if it’s the incentive that’s a concern I or other can provide you with a referral code if you like (I’ll clear it with marc as i’m not soliciting for the voucher) but without clarifying what’s failing in the registration process at your end it’s hard to know what else to suggest.
    Your poetic posts are lovely but we have haven’t got to the Abandon hope all ye who enter here part quite yet.. post back with some clarification??
    Quote Originally Posted by worldbridger View Post

• hi worldbridger
    may i make a suggestion? Firstly there are parts of your message which are confusing, so it’s hard to know what’s actually happened here.When you applied on the comparison site presumably you then followed an email link and tried to complete the registration with pp?? so I can’t understand what part has failed? Are you now able to login to your account?
    The part that’s confusing and hasn’t been addressed is the Heisenberg part, either you’ve switched in which case you can’t (if in progress) switch elsewhere or you haven’t in which case you’re free to go elsewhere- you claim to be stuck which implies that you’re in the process of switching, perhaps it’s a Schrodinger switch?
    This hinges on whether you completed the process and entered bank details etc, did you get to the end of the registration process? Are you saying that there’s a box to be ticked but you can’t tick it? If that’s the case you haven’t switched - that would be self evident and you would not be prevented from going elsewhere?

My suggestion is that you start again on the PP website and preferably use another email address if you have one where you can get the emails on the device you’re using. I think in the circumstances if it’s the incentive that’s a concern I or other can provide you with a referral code if you like (I’ll clear it with marc as i’m not soliciting for the voucher) but without clarifying what’s failing in the registration process at your end it’s hard to know what else to suggest.
    Your poetic posts are lovely but we have haven’t got to the Abandon hope all ye who enter here part quite yet.. post back with some clarification??
    Quote Originally Posted by worldbridger View Post

• Have to say, Worldbridger, I know it’s annoying, but your post soooooo made me larf 👍👍👍👍👍, awesome way with metaphors and words 👏👏👏👏👏👏, but do hope you get sorted of course.
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • Have to say, Worldbridger, I know it’s annoying, but your post soooooo made me larf 👍👍👍👍👍, awesome way with metaphors and words 👏👏👏👏👏👏, but do hope you get sorted of course.
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN