• Sending in meter readings

The link you sent me to send in meter readings does not appear to work. Also the notice period for readings is quite tight. I received an email on 20th August for action by 23rd August to send in a reading, so I missed the deadline as I don't read my emails every day! Why can'e you say give a weeks notice to send in readings?
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • The link you sent me to send in meter readings does not appear to work. Also the notice period for readings is quite tight. I received an email on 20th August for action by 23rd August to send in a reading, so I missed the deadline as I don't read my emails every day! Why can'e you say give a weeks notice to send in readings?
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hi there
    You had good advice about your link problems in your post last month - did that help at all?
    You'll be reminded about your meter readings on the same date every month - so you could put a reminder on your electronic or paper calendar, and then you will never forget!
    Stephen
  • Hi there
    You had good advice about your link problems in your post last month - did that help at all?
    You'll be reminded about your meter readings on the same date every month - so you could put a reminder on your electronic or paper calendar, and then you will never forget!
    Stephen

• Hi Pete

good point but 3 days is optimum for most customers, if pp used a week many would think i’ll deal with it later, then forget. Also as said it will always be on the same day of the month in future.
    Although you missed the deadline your statement will be estimated for the statement date and will correct on the next month, plus, any reading you were to enter after the date will appear on your next statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by pistol pete View Post
    The link you sent me to send in meter readings does not appear to work. Also the notice period for readings is quite tight. I received an email on 20th August for action by 23rd August to send in a reading, so I missed the deadline as I don't read my emails every day! Why can'e you say give a weeks notice to send in readings?
  • Hi Pete

good point but 3 days is optimum for most customers, if pp used a week many would think i’ll deal with it later, then forget. Also as said it will always be on the same day of the month in future.
    Although you missed the deadline your statement will be estimated for the statement date and will correct on the next month, plus, any reading you were to enter after the date will appear on your next statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by pistol pete View Post