• Just been on phone to shell energy and they have and you have taken payments from my account and the

She’ll energy and pure planet are both taking money from my account?
    rang them and they say they are still my supplier and have heard nothing from you? So why are you taking my money?

- - - Updated - - -

I need this sorted you have taken payment and I am not with u yet according to shell energy

- - - Updated - - -

This is absurd I cannot speak to anyone on the phone, which is making my blood boil

- - - Updated - - -

You have just cost me £104 and I want that back you made a mistake

- - - Updated - - -
    Tap below to see the best answer
    Last edited by Marc; 29-08-19 at 11:55. Reason: Removing phone number from public forum
  • She’ll energy and pure planet are both taking money from my account?
    rang them and they say they are still my supplier and have heard nothing from you? So why are you taking my money?

- - - Updated - - -

I need this sorted you have taken payment and I am not with u yet according to shell energy

- - - Updated - - -

This is absurd I cannot speak to anyone on the phone, which is making my blood boil

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hey @woz @stephenrand
    Thanks for helping out guys.
    Yep, you're right that it's not unusual for someone to pay their old supplier and their new supplier during the switch, and this gets refunded by the old supplier when they send out a final bill, of course.
    In this case, now that I've had a chat with our services team about it, during the joining process the Member picked the wrong house number. A small human error, which I'm sure we've all done at one time! Hence the urgency of wanting to get it sorted. And it looks like it has been sorted, so that's good!
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Hey @woz @stephenrand
    Thanks for helping out guys.
    Yep, you're right that it's not unusual for someone to pay their old supplier and their new supplier during the switch, and this gets refunded by the old supplier when they send out a final bill, of course.
    In this case, now that I've had a chat with our services team about it, during the joining process the Member picked the wrong house number. A small human error, which I'm sure we've all done at one time! Hence the urgency of wanting to get it sorted. And it looks like it has been sorted, so that's good!

• Paying for two company’s to supply my energy

Who sorts an urgent problem out when you can’t talk to anyone?
  • Who sorts an urgent problem out when you can’t talk to anyone?

• Quote Originally Posted by Donna gyarmati View Post

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -
    Hi @Donna gyarmati
    Welcome to the community! Thanks for posting.
    (FYI I've removed your phone number from your post as this is a public forum).
    Have you recently switched to Pure Planet?

• Quote Originally Posted by Donna gyarmati View Post

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -
    Hi @Donna gyarmati
    Welcome to the community! Thanks for posting.
    (FYI I've removed your phone number from your post as this is a public forum).
    Have you recently switched to Pure Planet?

• hi Donna
    what you have described is completely usual for anyone who has switched energy suppliers.
    If (I don’t know so it’s an if) you’ve just switched into PP the first payment is taken on the day you switch to PP, the final bill from the previous supplier can take up to 6 weeks ( often less occasionally more) during which time your previous supplier will continue to take dds unless you communicate with them ( don’t forget some could be in arrears with previous supplier.) If this applies to you you should contact shell and if in good credit ask them to refund or stop taking the dd.
    If none of this applies to you post back, I assume PP have your bank details, so it’s the likely explanation. If not then someone has used your bank details in which case your bank will refund no questions asked.
    Last edited by woz; 29-08-19 at 19:20.
  • hi Donna
    what you have described is completely usual for anyone who has switched energy suppliers.
    If (I don’t know so it’s an if) you’ve just switched into PP the first payment is taken on the day you switch to PP, the final bill from the previous supplier can take up to 6 weeks ( often less occasionally more) during which time your previous supplier will continue to take dds unless you communicate with them ( don’t forget some could be in arrears with previous supplier.) If this applies to you you should contact shell and if in good credit ask them to refund or stop taking the dd.
    If none of this applies to you post back, I assume PP have your bank details, so it’s the likely explanation. If not then someone has used your bank details in which case your bank will refund no questions asked.

• I should also add that If you have switched to pp they don’t have a call centre, you need to type message the team in wattbot replies within 24 hrs.
  • I should also add that If you have switched to pp they don’t have a call centre, you need to type message the team in wattbot replies within 24 hrs.

• Pure Planet has a good system for sorting out problems - just doesn't involve offering a call centre. I'm a little surprised you didn't find that out before you switched - I'm assuming you are only posting here because you have switched. And people have offered advice, without any phone calls. That's how it works. Here's hoping your blood temperature is returning to normal!
    Stephen
  • Pure Planet has a good system for sorting out problems - just doesn't involve offering a call centre. I'm a little surprised you didn't find that out before you switched - I'm assuming you are only posting here because you have switched. And people have offered advice, without any phone calls. That's how it works. Here's hoping your blood temperature is returning to normal!
    Stephen

• I can’t help but think that may be seen as unhelpful. Not everyone reads everything when they switch hence most of the community replies.

Quote Originally Posted by stephenrand View Post
    Pure Planet has a good system for sorting out problems - just doesn't involve offering a call centre. I'm a little surprised you didn't find that out before you switched - I'm assuming you are only posting here because you have switched. And people have offered advice, without any phone calls. That's how it works. Here's hoping your blood temperature is returning to normal!
    Stephen
  • I can’t help but think that may be seen as unhelpful. Not everyone reads everything when they switch hence most of the community replies.

Quote Originally Posted by stephenrand View Post
    Pure Planet has a good system for sorting out problems - just doesn't involve offering a call centre. I'm a little surprised you didn't find that out before you switched - I'm assuming you are only posting here because you have switched. And people have offered advice, without any phone calls. That's how it works. Here's hoping your blood temperature is returning to normal!
    Stephen