• High electric bill

Hi my electric bill is normally 60-80 per month this month it was 122???? 2 weeks of the month I had no kitchen so no use of the usual appliances no washing cooking etc,its obviously lighter so lights not been used as much? Can someone at pp please explain?
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Hi my electric bill is normally 60-80 per month this month it was 122???? 2 weeks of the month I had no kitchen so no use of the usual appliances no washing cooking etc,its obviously lighter so lights not been used as much? Can someone at pp please explain?
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Quote Originally Posted by hanbond78 View Post
    Hi my electric bill is normally 60-80 per month this month it was 122???? 2 weeks of the month I had no kitchen so no use of the usual appliances no washing cooking etc,its obviously lighter so lights not been used as much? Can someone at pp please explain?
    Hi hanbond78,

You are actually on the community board not talking to PP direct, if you need to speak to PP use Wattbot and include the phrase "message the team".

You don't say if your usual bill has been estimated or actual, so it could be catching up.
    If your kitchen has been out of use have you had builders in? have they used the kettle a lot?

Just a couple ideas, please give more details and the community maybe able to help more.
  • Quote Originally Posted by hanbond78 View Post
    Hi hanbond78,

You are actually on the community board not talking to PP direct, if you need to speak to PP use Wattbot and include the phrase "message the team".

You don't say if your usual bill has been estimated or actual, so it could be catching up.
    If your kitchen has been out of use have you had builders in? have they used the kettle a lot?

Just a couple ideas, please give more details and the community maybe able to help more.

Hello there
    Whenever you're concerned with a bill youve had the very first thing you should do is check the readings that have been used as @X Driver says. If theyve been estimated and they're higher than what the meter is currently reading then ask Wattbot to get in touch with one of the team to have it recalculated. If it's not much different than the estimate then it'll work itself out next time if you give a meter reading in time for the bill to be produced.
    Hello there
    Whenever you're concerned with a bill youve had the very first thing you should do is check the readings that have been used as @X Driver says. If theyve been estimated and they're higher than what the meter is currently reading then ask Wattbot to get in touch with one of the team to have it recalculated. If it's not much different than the estimate then it'll work itself out next time if you give a meter reading in time for the bill to be produced.