• Smart meter and solar panels

We’ve been hanging on for the second generation smart meters so i was disappointed to get to the booking stage to be told we can’t have one because we have solar panels. Seems a shame when one is trying to add to the renewable input and have chosen to go with a provider like Pure Planet, but I gather they can’t cope with the direction of the current as in export or import. Does anyone know if the technology is likely to develop in the near future?
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • We’ve been hanging on for the second generation smart meters so i was disappointed to get to the booking stage to be told we can’t have one because we have solar panels. Seems a shame when one is trying to add to the renewable input and have chosen to go with a provider like Pure Planet, but I gather they can’t cope with the direction of the current as in export or import. Does anyone know if the technology is likely to develop in the near future?
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hi there
    In yesterday's Q and A with the founder of Pure Planet, he said

"We've just kicked off some work to think about our SEG proposition which we aim to launch in 2020. If you have any thoughts on what a Pure Planet proposition for SEG could look like, please feel free to send them over. We will be inviting some of our Members to become part of the trial as soon as we've got the systems and processes in place. Let our community managers @Marc or @Nataly know if you’d like to be involved."

So I imagine SMETS 2 meters will be able to cope. At the moment Pure Planet have said they are concentrating on getting the simple set ups first, and when they have ironed out teething problems they will feel able to branch out further

Stephen
  • Hi there
    In yesterday's Q and A with the founder of Pure Planet, he said

"We've just kicked off some work to think about our SEG proposition which we aim to launch in 2020. If you have any thoughts on what a Pure Planet proposition for SEG could look like, please feel free to send them over. We will be inviting some of our Members to become part of the trial as soon as we've got the systems and processes in place. Let our community managers @Marc or @Nataly know if you’d like to be involved."

So I imagine SMETS 2 meters will be able to cope. At the moment Pure Planet have said they are concentrating on getting the simple set ups first, and when they have ironed out teething problems they will feel able to branch out further

Stephen

• Quote Originally Posted by SnazzyD View Post
    We’ve been hanging on for the second generation smart meters so i was disappointed to get to the booking stage to be told we can’t have one because we have solar panels. Seems a shame when one is trying to add to the renewable input and have chosen to go with a provider like Pure Planet, but I gather they can’t cope with the direction of the current as in export or import. Does anyone know if the technology is likely to develop in the near future?
    Hi @SnazzyD
    You may also find this thread about installing solar panels started by @X Driver useful and/or interesting.
    In answer to your question, @stephenrand is 100% spot on with his reply above
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Quote Originally Posted by SnazzyD View Post
    Hi @SnazzyD
    You may also find this thread about installing solar panels started by @X Driver useful and/or interesting.
    In answer to your question, @stephenrand is 100% spot on with his reply above

• Thanks for that
  • Thanks for that

• Also here's a link to the community Q&A with our chief exec from the other day @SnazzyD which @stephenrand mentioned above
    It would be great to have some community members involved from the outset, to help us shape the proposition in 2020.

• Also here's a link to the community Q&A with our chief exec from the other day @SnazzyD which @stephenrand mentioned above
    It would be great to have some community members involved from the outset, to help us shape the proposition in 2020.