• Failed at the first hurdle

Got my message to book in a smart meter installation. Went online to book but then told there is not a strong enough signal where I am. I wonder how often this occurs? There is nothing special about where I am. Not a full bar 4G signal showing but always more than adequate.
    Tap below to see the best answer
    Richard
  • Got my message to book in a smart meter installation. Went online to book but then told there is not a strong enough signal where I am. I wonder how often this occurs? There is nothing special about where I am. Not a full bar 4G signal showing but always more than adequate.
    Tap below to see the best answer
    Richard

• Best Answer

Quote Originally Posted by G4RHL View Post
    Got my message to book in a smart meter installation. Went online to book but then told there is not a strong enough signal where I am. I wonder how often this occurs? There is nothing special about where I am. Not a full bar 4G signal showing but always more than adequate.
    Hi @G4RHL
    Doesn't happen all too often but it does depend where you are in the country and note that smart meter networks and phone networks are different things (in the North anyway). Telefonica is used in the Central & Southern areas of Britain but the 3G version and still some areas have bad 3G signal and will need to be boosted by the mesh network (other smart Comms hubs in the area). In the north you're at the mercy of Arqiva's own radio network. The CSPs have an obligation to provide service to 99% of the country but there will always be some that are just in the black spots.
  • Quote Originally Posted by G4RHL View Post
    Hi @G4RHL
    Doesn't happen all too often but it does depend where you are in the country and note that smart meter networks and phone networks are different things (in the North anyway). Telefonica is used in the Central & Southern areas of Britain but the 3G version and still some areas have bad 3G signal and will need to be boosted by the mesh network (other smart Comms hubs in the area). In the north you're at the mercy of Arqiva's own radio network. The CSPs have an obligation to provide service to 99% of the country but there will always be some that are just in the black spots.

• Hi @G4RHL
    It's not personal!
    Check out this reply from @Duppy in a similar thread
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Hi @G4RHL
    It's not personal!
    Check out this reply from @Duppy in a similar thread
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• I’ll hazard a guess that Magnum are refusing the more marginal signal strength areas in favour of good ones where there is a stronger likelihood of success, after all why would they subject themselves to unnecessary aggravation. Let’s see some field strength readings and what’s considered to be a green signal otherwise it’s a guessing game for consumers.
  • I’ll hazard a guess that Magnum are refusing the more marginal signal strength areas in favour of good ones where there is a stronger likelihood of success, after all why would they subject themselves to unnecessary aggravation. Let’s see some field strength readings and what’s considered to be a green signal otherwise it’s a guessing game for consumers.

• I shall be patient! Not that it is crucial to life. Some very good friends of ours have a smart meter. I asked about it and they said they leave it plugged in in their utility room but never look at it. What we really should have is a smart meter that communicates with an app on your mobile, where past history and useable can be mapped. OK, we have that to an extent with the Pure Planet app!
    Richard
  • I shall be patient! Not that it is crucial to life. Some very good friends of ours have a smart meter. I asked about it and they said they leave it plugged in in their utility room but never look at it. What we really should have is a smart meter that communicates with an app on your mobile, where past history and useable can be mapped. OK, we have that to an extent with the Pure Planet app!
    Richard