• Gas meter reading not shown in reading history

I submitted gas and electricity meter readings today, but find that today's gas reading is not shown in the listing of "Reading history". It is blank, though all previous ones are shown correctly. It appears to have been accepted, because when I try to submit it again I am just told "you are up to date".

Is this a known problem or does the gas reading just take a long time to be recorded and shown?
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • I submitted gas and electricity meter readings today, but find that today's gas reading is not shown in the listing of "Reading history". It is blank, though all previous ones are shown correctly. It appears to have been accepted, because when I try to submit it again I am just told "you are up to date".

Is this a known problem or does the gas reading just take a long time to be recorded and shown?
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

I'm glad that Beckie confirmed that the problem was not confined to me. I submitted the first readings on 27th August and updated readings 24 hours later on 28th August. Both electricity readings appeared immediately on the reading history display, but the gas readings were shown as blank.

I have now (29th August) received a bill, and both gas readings are now displayed on the history list. The bill has been recalculated back to January, when I joined PP, covering a change of gas meter in February (which I thought had all been covered by a previous bill), but I guess that for some reason they decided to recalculate it again and suppressed accepting my gas meter readings until they had done so. Anyway all now appears to be in order. Thanks for the suggestions.
  • I'm glad that Beckie confirmed that the problem was not confined to me. I submitted the first readings on 27th August and updated readings 24 hours later on 28th August. Both electricity readings appeared immediately on the reading history display, but the gas readings were shown as blank.

I have now (29th August) received a bill, and both gas readings are now displayed on the history list. The bill has been recalculated back to January, when I joined PP, covering a change of gas meter in February (which I thought had all been covered by a previous bill), but I guess that for some reason they decided to recalculate it again and suppressed accepting my gas meter readings until they had done so. Anyway all now appears to be in order. Thanks for the suggestions.

• Hi Leonard, submit a new reading 24 hrs after your previous reading. You can submit a reading as often as you like... 24hrs apart. If the problem still exists then contact PP directly through WattBot.
    Gray4276
  • Hi Leonard, submit a new reading 24 hrs after your previous reading. You can submit a reading as often as you like... 24hrs apart. If the problem still exists then contact PP directly through WattBot.
    Gray4276

• hi Leonard
    2 questions
    1.Have you had the statement yet?
    2. Have submitted gas readings always appeared on the chart immediately after submission?
    I genuinely thought that was not the case (that they did appear immediately) but must admit I don't usually check as I use a spreadsheet

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardW View Post
    I submitted gas and electricity meter readings today, but find that today's gas reading is not shown in the listing of "Reading history". It is blank, though all previous ones are shown correctly. It appears to have been accepted, because when I try to submit it again I am just told "you are up to date".

• hi Leonard
    2 questions
    1.Have you had the statement yet?
    2. Have submitted gas readings always appeared on the chart immediately after submission?
    I genuinely thought that was not the case (that they did appear immediately) but must admit I don't usually check as I use a spreadsheet

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardW View Post

• Hi LeonardW
    Has your gas meter been changed recently, it could be that PP is waiting for the gas meter details ( as in my case ).
  • Hi LeonardW
    Has your gas meter been changed recently, it could be that PP is waiting for the gas meter details ( as in my case ).

• I've had the exact same issue, I gave my readings yesterday (a day early) and the gas reading isn't showing. Gave my readings again today and it now says 'your readings are up to date'
    My guess is if it happened to us both on the same day it's probably just a glitch in their system.
  • I've had the exact same issue, I gave my readings yesterday (a day early) and the gas reading isn't showing. Gave my readings again today and it now says 'your readings are up to date'
    My guess is if it happened to us both on the same day it's probably just a glitch in their system.