• Refer a friend offer - can I choose to delay the switch to avoid it being while i’m on holiday?

Hi there
    i have a £50 refer a friend intro email. Am very interested in switching before 31 August but i’ll Be away in September and don’t want to switch while friends & family are looking after the house.
    Can I use the intro offer and switch after 26 September?
    Also do you insist on a smart meter?
    Thanks
    ​Rosie
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Hi there
    i have a £50 refer a friend intro email. Am very interested in switching before 31 August but i’ll Be away in September and don’t want to switch while friends & family are looking after the house.
    Thanks
    ​Rosie
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

hi rosiehenst
    no...
    Switching normally takes 17 days once instigated, there is no other way to time it, you have to count back 17 from when you want your switch date. In your case that brings you to later than end August.
    There is no issue if you switch slightly before, your supply won't be interrupted, and if you show your family how to read the meter you can always ask them for the readings if you have internet access while away (readings asked for 2 or 3 days before switch date but not critical so I would't worry for the sake of less than a week)
    There is no requirement to have a Smart meter.
    Quote Originally Posted by rosiehenst View Post
    Hi there
    Thanks
    ​Rosie
  • hi rosiehenst
    no...
    Switching normally takes 17 days once instigated, there is no other way to time it, you have to count back 17 from when you want your switch date. In your case that brings you to later than end August.
    There is no issue if you switch slightly before, your supply won't be interrupted, and if you show your family how to read the meter you can always ask them for the readings if you have internet access while away (readings asked for 2 or 3 days before switch date but not critical so I would't worry for the sake of less than a week)
    There is no requirement to have a Smart meter.
    Quote Originally Posted by rosiehenst View Post
    Hi there
    Thanks
    ​Rosie