• Keep sending us monthly meter readings after your new smart meter installation - for now

Hi everyone

Just a reminder that if you’ve just had a new smart meter installed by us we’ll still ask you for monthly meter readings, for now.

We’re currently installing a few dozen 2nd generation smart meters each day.

Our pilot began in February and we’re waiting for some firmware and data network issues - which is affecting all energy suppliers - to be fixed before we start to increase the number of installations. You can read more about that here.

A big thanks to Members in the pilot. Your feedback’s been really helpful so far, and continues to be.

One question that gets asked a lot is why you’re still asked for monthly meter readings when you’ve got a new smart meter?

Right now we’re seeing that it’s taking an average of three months for smart meter readings to appear in our Members’ accounts and sometimes reads are only returned for one fuel and not the other. Our smart meter team’s working hard to manually intervene and fix this where they can.

To make sure your account stays on track, keep sending us your monthly readings as before. You’ll know when your smart meter readings are coming through as they’ll appear in your app and web account’s reading history.

Here’s how you can take manual readings, for both models of SMETS2 smart meter we’re installing:

Name:  how to read your smart meters.PNG
Views: 268
Size:  48.5 KB

Since mid-July we’ve been emailing a guide to using PP smart meters to Members who’ve had one installed. It looks like some Members may not have been sent this email, and we’re sorry if we’ve missed anyone off.

You can see the same information in this community FAQ - : A guide to using your new Pure Planet smart meter
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Hi everyone

Just a reminder that if you’ve just had a new smart meter installed by us we’ll still ask you for monthly meter readings, for now.

We’re currently installing a few dozen 2nd generation smart meters each day.

Our pilot began in February and we’re waiting for some firmware and data network issues - which is affecting all energy suppliers - to be fixed before we start to increase the number of installations. You can read more about that here.

A big thanks to Members in the pilot. Your feedback’s been really helpful so far, and continues to be.

One question that gets asked a lot is why you’re still asked for monthly meter readings when you’ve got a new smart meter?

Right now we’re seeing that it’s taking an average of three months for smart meter readings to appear in our Members’ accounts and sometimes reads are only returned for one fuel and not the other. Our smart meter team’s working hard to manually intervene and fix this where they can.

To make sure your account stays on track, keep sending us your monthly readings as before. You’ll know when your smart meter readings are coming through as they’ll appear in your app and web account’s reading history.

Here’s how you can take manual readings, for both models of SMETS2 smart meter we’re installing:

Name:  how to read your smart meters.PNG
Views: 268
Size:  48.5 KB

Since mid-July we’ve been emailing a guide to using PP smart meters to Members who’ve had one installed. It looks like some Members may not have been sent this email, and we’re sorry if we’ve missed anyone off.

You can see the same information in this community FAQ - : A guide to using your new Pure Planet smart meter

• This thread should be linked to in the SM FAQ for now?
  • This thread should be linked to in the SM FAQ for now?

• Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    This thread should be linked to in the SM FAQ for now?
    Good shout @woz

• Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    This thread should be linked to in the SM FAQ for now?
    Good shout @woz

• Smart meter

I had a smart meter installed but was asked for a Meyer reading. I thought having a smart meter meant you didn't have to send readings. When I looked at my bill there is an estimated meter reading. Why is this?
  • I had a smart meter installed but was asked for a Meyer reading. I thought having a smart meter meant you didn't have to send readings. When I looked at my bill there is an estimated meter reading. Why is this?

• Hi, when you have a smart meter installed it takes a while for it to be fully set up, so you have to keep sending readings.
    If you haven't, then they will be estimated for you .
  • Hi, when you have a smart meter installed it takes a while for it to be fully set up, so you have to keep sending readings.
    If you haven't, then they will be estimated for you .

• Quote Originally Posted by Anne1948 View Post
    I had a smart meter installed but was asked for a Meyer reading. I thought having a smart meter meant you didn't have to send readings. When I looked at my bill there is an estimated meter reading. Why is this?
    True in an ideal world, unfortunately there has been some issues, my own meter sometimes sends both sometimes just one. This is why I'm on the pilot scheme to help identify issues.
    At least with your IHD is easier to get your meter readings.

HTH
    True in an ideal world, unfortunately there has been some issues, my own meter sometimes sends both sometimes just one. This is why I'm on the pilot scheme to help identify issues.
    At least with your IHD is easier to get your meter readings.

HTH

Hi @Anne1948
    Thanks for your post!
    I've moved it to this thread about why we're still asking for meter readings

Hi @Anne1948
    Thanks for your post!
    I've moved it to this thread about why we're still asking for meter readings