• Apropos the post above about mobiles (I'm not prepared to go to these ridiculous length and buy a moron phone to suit your operation.)
    I happened to log into online banking tonight only to find this message:-

Will I be able to continue using Online Banking without a mobile?
    We require you to have a mobile phone because for some transactions we need to text you....... This is highlighted in our terms and conditions.
    (I would hazard a guess here and say that the probability of any customer choosing to forgo their banking because of this is close to zero)

I'm not sure whether you mean a smart phone when you say "moron phone" or whether you consider all mobile phones to be in that category, but just to say that as you can now manage your account with PP online (and you obviously have some sort of online access because you posted on here) you can buy a cheap Nokia or TTfone (-bigger buttons) mobile 'phone with pay as you go credit for about £20 or less. If someone refers you, you might even get £5 or £10 free call credit, as often on offer from somewhere like giffgaff (other mobile providers exist)

You could just use it to receive texts and for emergencies (you may have to send a text every 6 months to keep it alive)
    I thought you might find that information helpful.

Last edited by woz; 24-08-19 at 01:08. Reason: my fontypoos are broken!
  • Apropos the post above about mobiles (I'm not prepared to go to these ridiculous length and buy a moron phone to suit your operation.)

We require you to have a mobile phone because for some transactions we need to text you....... This is highlighted in our terms and conditions.
    (I would hazard a guess here and say that the probability of any customer choosing to forgo their banking because of this is close to zero)

I'm not sure whether you mean a smart phone when you say "moron phone" or whether you consider all mobile phones to be in that category, but just to say that as you can now manage your account with PP online (and you obviously have some sort of online access because you posted on here) you can buy a cheap Nokia or TTfone (-bigger buttons) mobile 'phone with pay as you go credit for about £20 or less. If someone refers you, you might even get £5 or £10 free call credit, as often on offer from somewhere like giffgaff (other mobile providers exist)

You could just use it to receive texts and for emergencies (you may have to send a text every 6 months to keep it alive)

• Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    Apropos the post above about mobiles (I'm not prepared to go to these ridiculous length and buy a moron phone to suit your operation.)

Hey Woz,
    I think it's time to stop leading this particular horse 🐴 to the water. You'll only end up with a headache. Save your enthusiasm for someone who might just appreciate your efforts.
    🐴 💦
    Gray4276
  • Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    Apropos the post above about mobiles (I'm not prepared to go to these ridiculous length and buy a moron phone to suit your operation.)

Hey Woz,
    I think it's time to stop leading this particular horse 🐴 to the water. You'll only end up with a headache. Save your enthusiasm for someone who might just appreciate your efforts.
    🐴 💦
    Gray4276

• Not leading, just saying for benefit of any future readers who may have reservations or no mobile....but thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray4276 View Post
    Hey Woz,
    I think it's time to stop leading this particular horse ������ to the water. You'll only end up with a headache. Save your enthusiasm for someone who might just appreciate your efforts.
    ������ ������
    Last edited by woz; 24-08-19 at 15:36.
  • Not leading, just saying for benefit of any future readers who may have reservations or no mobile....but thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray4276 View Post
    Hey Woz,
    I think it's time to stop leading this particular horse ������ to the water. You'll only end up with a headache. Save your enthusiasm for someone who might just appreciate your efforts.
    ������ ������