• Vandalised meter box

Just returned from holiday to find meter box partially pulled off wall. No damage to actual meter but don't know who is responsible for fitting new one. Unfortunately only changed to Blue Planet this week too.
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Just returned from holiday to find meter box partially pulled off wall. No damage to actual meter but don't know who is responsible for fitting new one. Unfortunately only changed to Blue Planet this week too.
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

This is the best reply I could find, actually from EDF

"The meter box is the responsibility of the homeowner. So you’ll need to arrange any repairs or replacements and pay for them. You can buy a meter box from most hardware or DIY stores, or online.

If you rent your home then you’ll need to contact the landlord or council."

HTH

X Driver
  • This is the best reply I could find, actually from EDF

"The meter box is the responsibility of the homeowner. So you’ll need to arrange any repairs or replacements and pay for them. You can buy a meter box from most hardware or DIY stores, or online.

If you rent your home then you’ll need to contact the landlord or council."

HTH

X Driver

• hi Jane
    Oh dear, is the original repairable, that would be the best option
    I'm fairly sure you are responsible for the meter box, not PP, but others will chip in.
    You're probably covered on the house insurance or if not worth claiming Amazon and lots of other places sell replacement doors or covers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Gilday View Post
    Just returned from holiday to find meter box partially pulled off wall. No damage to actual meter but don't know who is responsible for fitting new one. Unfortunately only changed to Blue Planet this week too.
  • hi Jane
    Oh dear, is the original repairable, that would be the best option
    I'm fairly sure you are responsible for the meter box, not PP, but others will chip in.
    You're probably covered on the house insurance or if not worth claiming Amazon and lots of other places sell replacement doors or covers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Gilday View Post