• Previous supplier Solarplicity has gone bust and I'm now with EDF but I want to switch to PP

    My previous supplier Solarplicity has deservedly gone bust.

    I've been transferred to EDF. I want to be with Pure Planet, but will probably be refused by your massively over-automated system. (It's taken 10 minutes to find this way of getting in touch as we can't phone or email
    ).

    I'm not with EDF willingly and have no payment arrangement with them, so they may refuse transfer as owing them money.

    You also insist that customers have mobile phone numbers, refusing landline numbers.


    Tap below to see the best answer
    Last edited by Marc; 30-08-19 at 10:29. Reason: Editing title to reflect question - to help other Members who may have the same query.
    0
  • My previous supplier Solarplicity has deservedly gone bust.

    I've been transferred to EDF. I want to be with Pure Planet, but will probably be refused by your massively over-automated system. (It's taken 10 minutes to find this way of getting in touch as we can't phone or email
    ).

    I'm not with EDF willingly and have no payment arrangement with them, so they may refuse transfer as owing them money.

    You also insist that customers have mobile phone numbers, refusing landline numbers.


    Tap below to see the best answer


  • Best Answer

    hi Tucker1
    This is a public community I flagged your post as it contains personal information.
    Have you read THIS ? (Ofgem)
    All you can do at this stage is join PP either using the app or online at purepla.net
    PP have no control as to whether EDF block/unblock your switch.
    You make a very good point about non mobile nos not being accepted. I hope PP fix this, I'll submit it as an idea.
    Last edited by woz; 21-08-19 at 14:32.
    0
  • hi Tucker1
    This is a public community I flagged your post as it contains personal information.
    Have you read THIS ? (Ofgem)
    All you can do at this stage is join PP either using the app or online at purepla.net
    PP have no control as to whether EDF block/unblock your switch.
    You make a very good point about non mobile nos not being accepted. I hope PP fix this, I'll submit it as an idea.


  • You say that nobody likes being kept on hold, but does anyone enjoy flogging around your site to find how to contact you? And to have to ask for an email just to log in? I've spent so long on this today!

    I've tried to tell you that I have been switched by OF? to EDF when my supplier went bust. I've applied to you, but it's all super-automated. I have no account with EDF or payment arrangement, so when you go through I'm sure I'll be denied.

    If you are interested in new customers do get in touch!
    Last edited by Marc; 22-08-19 at 08:16. Reason: Removing personal info
    0
  • You say that nobody likes being kept on hold, but does anyone enjoy flogging around your site to find how to contact you? And to have to ask for an email just to log in? I've spent so long on this today!

    I've tried to tell you that I have been switched by OF? to EDF when my supplier went bust. I've applied to you, but it's all super-automated. I have no account with EDF or payment arrangement, so when you go through I'm sure I'll be denied.

    If you are interested in new customers do get in touch!


  • hi Tucker1
    Already answered HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker1 View Post
    You say that nobody likes being kept on hold, but does anyone enjoy flogging around your site to find how to contact you? And to have to ask for an email just to log in? I've spent so long on this today!

    I've tried to tell you that I have been switched by OF? to EDF when my supplier went bust. I've applied to you, but it's all super-automated. I have no account with EDF or payment arrangement, so when you go through I'm sure I'll be denied.

    If you are interested in new customers do get in touch!
    0
  • hi Tucker1
    Already answered HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker1 View Post
    You say that nobody likes being kept on hold, but does anyone enjoy flogging around your site to find how to contact you? And to have to ask for an email just to log in? I've spent so long on this today!

    I've tried to tell you that I have been switched by OF? to EDF when my supplier went bust. I've applied to you, but it's all super-automated. I have no account with EDF or payment arrangement, so when you go through I'm sure I'll be denied.

    If you are interested in new customers do get in touch!


  • Quote Originally Posted by Tucker1 View Post
    You say that nobody likes being kept on hold, but does anyone enjoy flogging around your site to find how to contact you? And to have to ask for an email just to log in? I've spent so long on this today!

    I've tried to tell you that I have been switched by OF? to EDF when my supplier went bust. I've applied to you, but it's all super-automated. I have no account with EDF or payment arrangement, so when you go through I'm sure I'll be denied.
    Hi there

    1. When you post here you are not talking directly to Pure Planet, but to their customers.

    2. As it's a public forum, you might want to edit your post to remove your personal information

    3. It sounds like you have begun the process to switch to Pure Planet - have you received your welcome pack email ok?

    4. No need to reply, but just wondering why you have opted for a supplier whose way of working you find so frustrating...

    5. I agree the email to login is irritating, but you only have to do it once and then you can stay logged in

    6. I also agree that you can't find 'contact' in the drop-down menu as you might expect - all the info is under 'support'

    Hope you get it all sorted soon - and hope you are finding these posts ok

    Stephen
    1
  • Quote Originally Posted by Tucker1 View Post
    You say that nobody likes being kept on hold, but does anyone enjoy flogging around your site to find how to contact you? And to have to ask for an email just to log in? I've spent so long on this today!

    I've tried to tell you that I have been switched by OF? to EDF when my supplier went bust. I've applied to you, but it's all super-automated. I have no account with EDF or payment arrangement, so when you go through I'm sure I'll be denied.
    Hi there

    1. When you post here you are not talking directly to Pure Planet, but to their customers.

    2. As it's a public forum, you might want to edit your post to remove your personal information

    3. It sounds like you have begun the process to switch to Pure Planet - have you received your welcome pack email ok?

    4. No need to reply, but just wondering why you have opted for a supplier whose way of working you find so frustrating...

    5. I agree the email to login is irritating, but you only have to do it once and then you can stay logged in

    6. I also agree that you can't find 'contact' in the drop-down menu as you might expect - all the info is under 'support'

    Hope you get it all sorted soon - and hope you are finding these posts ok

    Stephen


  • hi Tucker, If your switch is blocked it won't be as a result of any automation at PP.
    Stephen has also replied to your post. If your switch is blocked you will need to deal with EDF, PP can't do anything, if on the other hand it goes through OK then all will be well. Please have a read of the Ofgem link I posted.
    If you've registered you will have access to wattbot under help in app or online. (My guess is you haven't used the app)
    If you want to have a discussion go to wattbot, type message the team and ask your question. A member of staff will get back to you usually within 24 hours.
    Just to add that it's best if you keep your related posts together, it makes it easier for PP staff, you and the helpful community members who genuinely do want to help you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker1 View Post
    My previous supplier Solarplicity has deservedly gone bust.

    I've been transferred to EDF. I want to be with Pure Planet, but will probably be refused by your massively over-automated system. (It's taken 10 minutes to find this way of getting in touch as we can't phone or email
    ).

    I'm not with EDF willingly and have no payment arrangement with them, so they may refuse transfer as owing them money.

    You also insist that customers have mobile phone numbers, refusing landline numbers.


    0
  • hi Tucker, If your switch is blocked it won't be as a result of any automation at PP.
    Stephen has also replied to your post. If your switch is blocked you will need to deal with EDF, PP can't do anything, if on the other hand it goes through OK then all will be well. Please have a read of the Ofgem link I posted.
    If you've registered you will have access to wattbot under help in app or online. (My guess is you haven't used the app)
    If you want to have a discussion go to wattbot, type message the team and ask your question. A member of staff will get back to you usually within 24 hours.
    Just to add that it's best if you keep your related posts together, it makes it easier for PP staff, you and the helpful community members who genuinely do want to help you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker1 View Post
    My previous supplier Solarplicity has deservedly gone bust.

    I've been transferred to EDF. I want to be with Pure Planet, but will probably be refused by your massively over-automated system. (It's taken 10 minutes to find this way of getting in touch as we can't phone or email
    ).

    I'm not with EDF willingly and have no payment arrangement with them, so they may refuse transfer as owing them money.

    You also insist that customers have mobile phone numbers, refusing landline numbers.




  • hi Tucker
    ​I've added a further reply to your original post HERE.< --link.
    Doubtless admin will want to merge your posts.
    0
  • hi Tucker
    ​I've added a further reply to your original post HERE.< --link.
    Doubtless admin will want to merge your posts.


  • Hey @Tucker1 and welcome to the PP Community

    Just FYI I've merged your posts together to avoid duplicates (this gets confusing!) and moved them to our 'Ask the Community' section where, as you've seen, other members give each other plenty of help and advice

    Have you started your switch to Pure Planet?
    Great advice from @woz - if it's blocked by another supplier, you'd need to get in contact with them. You'd then be able to re-start your switch to us if you wanted.

    To get in touch with our Member Services team you can tap 'help' > 'Ask WattBot' in your account.
    It's worth highlighting we're digital only - we don't have a call centre. This helps us make savings, which we can then pass on to our members
    1
  • Hey @Tucker1 and welcome to the PP Community

    Just FYI I've merged your posts together to avoid duplicates (this gets confusing!) and moved them to our 'Ask the Community' section where, as you've seen, other members give each other plenty of help and advice

    Have you started your switch to Pure Planet?
    Great advice from @woz - if it's blocked by another supplier, you'd need to get in contact with them. You'd then be able to re-start your switch to us if you wanted.

    To get in touch with our Member Services team you can tap 'help' > 'Ask WattBot' in your account.
    It's worth highlighting we're digital only - we don't have a call centre. This helps us make savings, which we can then pass on to our members


  • Hi @Tucker1
    Welcome to the community! Just to add, in answer to your question about needing a mobile telephone number to join PP.
    We used to be app-only, and even though you can now join and manage your account on web, we still want Members to have the app because we'll soon be using text messages and app notifications as ways to communicate.
    Obviously to receive text messages you need a mobile number.
    Other new features around energy usage, EV data etc, will be app-first too.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

    1
  • Hi @Tucker1
    Welcome to the community! Just to add, in answer to your question about needing a mobile telephone number to join PP.
    We used to be app-only, and even though you can now join and manage your account on web, we still want Members to have the app because we'll soon be using text messages and app notifications as ways to communicate.
    Obviously to receive text messages you need a mobile number.
    Other new features around energy usage, EV data etc, will be app-first too.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet



  • Don't understand 'merging posts'.

    Yes, I'm sure it's cheaper not to have phones; inconvenient and short-sighted, though.


    I'm not prepared to go to these ridiculous length and buy a moron phone to suit your operation.


    Bye!

    - - - Updated - - -

    You make it wildly complicated to contact you, making the excuse that this makes it cheaper (not in blood pressure pills, it doesn't) and demand moron phone ownership. No other organisation in my life does so.

    I asked why I was being told to put in all the details again though I had a quote but you don't answer.


    I don't feel 'welcomed to the community' in the least.


    You're not for me!

    - - - Updated - - -

    You give the quote and say to finish the switch online, but that links to the previously answered questions being asked again.

    It also says customer service is available 4/7. HOW? WHERE?


    Valerie Passmore

    - - - Updated - - -

    Please confirm to cheap energy club that I've cancelled my switch.
    Last edited by Marc; 22-08-19 at 17:39. Reason: Removing profanity
    0
  • Don't understand 'merging posts'.

    Yes, I'm sure it's cheaper not to have phones; inconvenient and short-sighted, though.


    I'm not prepared to go to these ridiculous length and buy a moron phone to suit your operation.


    Bye!

    - - - Updated - - -

    You make it wildly complicated to contact you, making the excuse that this makes it cheaper (not in blood pressure pills, it doesn't) and demand moron phone ownership. No other organisation in my life does so.

    I asked why I was being told to put in all the details again though I had a quote but you don't answer.


    I don't feel 'welcomed to the community' in the least.


    You're not for me!

    - - - Updated - - -

    You give the quote and say to finish the switch online, but that links to the previously answered questions being asked again.

    It also says customer service is available 4/7. HOW? WHERE?


    Valerie Passmore

    - - - Updated - - -

    Please confirm to cheap energy club that I've cancelled my switch.


  • And how does it help the climate and save money to ask for customers' marital status and the day they were born? Eh?
    0
  • And how does it help the climate and save money to ask for customers' marital status and the day they were born? Eh?


  • hi Tucker1 / Valerie
    I'm sorry you don't feel welcomed, all customers and potential customers should feel welcome, the majority of posters on here are polite and friendly, irrespective of the tone of your posts (obviously caused by frustration - see later).

    I think some answers your concerns are called for, not so much for your benefit, as I doubt that anything anyone on here, including PP staff will help, but because (a) your points are important especially for you, and (b) other customers will read this thread (a thread is a chain of individual posts which relate to each other) and also I think it's only fair to look at all viewpoints.

    In your first post you asked for PP to call you, and in certain circumstances individuals at PP can contact customers (and well might have, I don't know), but in your case the query was adequately answered with all the relevant information to enable you to proceed (save for the fact that it was I, not a PP staff member who replied. You were told that PP had no control over whether EDF blocked you and pointed at the ofgem page which told you how to proceed if your supplier folded. You chose to ignore that advice.

    You were also told how to submit to the team and get a personal reply from the staff.

    I'm assuming also that you didn't do any reading at all about PP either on the MSE website or when you joined; that's fair enough, you're entitled to assume whatever you like about the energy supplier you've chosen, but how PP operates is made clear on here, and how to get help is also made very clear.
    The issue truly is that you wanted a personal response from PP and because of the method of communication (no call centres but personal help through wattbot) you felt as though you were being fobbed off, which is certainly not the case. Members went out of their way to help, (I don't work for PP by the way)

    Not having a moron phone is your choice, although tarring everyone who does have one with the moron brush is unacceptable.

    In fact after your post I submitted a proposition that there should be the facility to add a landline. (there already is in a way, it's not ideal and won't do everything a text would do but I'll get to that). I know for a fact that my proposition will be discussed by PP staff. In fact I agree with you despite marc's reply I think it does need addressing if a workable solution can be found. (and bearing in mind that in 2015 the ONS reported that 95% of the population owned a mobile and the figure is probably higher now)
    As you found a way round it for joining I made the error of judgement not suggesting a way to help which would probably have answered your concerns.
    As far as I know there is no need to disclose your marital status, I wonder if the MSE process is different? I shall ask about that. Anyone?
    The date of birth is there for a number of reasons usual to those taking out an energy or nany other type of contract where credit is given.

    Notwithstanding the obvious irritation that all this has caused you, I also mention the Priority Services Register for those with difficulties, you can add your landline details there. Not ideal but it would give PP the means of calling you in an emergency.
    As described by marc, who is PP staff, the request for a mobile number is to keep the customer informed and to help the customer, but not having one isn't a deal breaker as far as joining is concerned, it's your choice.
    What surprises me is that you didn't complain about having to have a computer and email to join, which would have been no less valid than a mobile 'phone.
    There is a 24/7 emergency button online or in the app, for cases where PP intervention is required in addition to the National emergency numbers , everything else that isn't an emergency is covered 24/7 by the community and wattbot message the team as described.

    I genuinely hope you feel better.
    I'm sure PP too will take away something positive from this thread, I certainly have, and good luck with whichever supplier you choose.
    Last edited by woz; 22-08-19 at 23:25. Reason: broccoli and blue cheese soup -nooo- the very thought sends shivers down my esophagus
    3
  • hi Tucker1 / Valerie
    I'm sorry you don't feel welcomed, all customers and potential customers should feel welcome, the majority of posters on here are polite and friendly, irrespective of the tone of your posts (obviously caused by frustration - see later).

    I think some answers your concerns are called for, not so much for your benefit, as I doubt that anything anyone on here, including PP staff will help, but because (a) your points are important especially for you, and (b) other customers will read this thread (a thread is a chain of individual posts which relate to each other) and also I think it's only fair to look at all viewpoints.

    In your first post you asked for PP to call you, and in certain circumstances individuals at PP can contact customers (and well might have, I don't know), but in your case the query was adequately answered with all the relevant information to enable you to proceed (save for the fact that it was I, not a PP staff member who replied. You were told that PP had no control over whether EDF blocked you and pointed at the ofgem page which told you how to proceed if your supplier folded. You chose to ignore that advice.

    You were also told how to submit to the team and get a personal reply from the staff.

    I'm assuming also that you didn't do any reading at all about PP either on the MSE website or when you joined; that's fair enough, you're entitled to assume whatever you like about the energy supplier you've chosen, but how PP operates is made clear on here, and how to get help is also made very clear.
    The issue truly is that you wanted a personal response from PP and because of the method of communication (no call centres but personal help through wattbot) you felt as though you were being fobbed off, which is certainly not the case. Members went out of their way to help, (I don't work for PP by the way)

    Not having a moron phone is your choice, although tarring everyone who does have one with the moron brush is unacceptable.

    In fact after your post I submitted a proposition that there should be the facility to add a landline. (there already is in a way, it's not ideal and won't do everything a text would do but I'll get to that). I know for a fact that my proposition will be discussed by PP staff. In fact I agree with you despite marc's reply I think it does need addressing if a workable solution can be found. (and bearing in mind that in 2015 the ONS reported that 95% of the population owned a mobile and the figure is probably higher now)
    As you found a way round it for joining I made the error of judgement not suggesting a way to help which would probably have answered your concerns.
    As far as I know there is no need to disclose your marital status, I wonder if the MSE process is different? I shall ask about that. Anyone?
    The date of birth is there for a number of reasons usual to those taking out an energy or nany other type of contract where credit is given.

    Notwithstanding the obvious irritation that all this has caused you, I also mention the Priority Services Register for those with difficulties, you can add your landline details there. Not ideal but it would give PP the means of calling you in an emergency.
    As described by marc, who is PP staff, the request for a mobile number is to keep the customer informed and to help the customer, but not having one isn't a deal breaker as far as joining is concerned, it's your choice.
    What surprises me is that you didn't complain about having to have a computer and email to join, which would have been no less valid than a mobile 'phone.
    There is a 24/7 emergency button online or in the app, for cases where PP intervention is required in addition to the National emergency numbers , everything else that isn't an emergency is covered 24/7 by the community and wattbot message the team as described.

    I genuinely hope you feel better.
    I'm sure PP too will take away something positive from this thread, I certainly have, and good luck with whichever supplier you choose.


  • Quote Originally Posted by Tucker1 View Post

    Please confirm to cheap energy club that I've cancelled my switch.
    No desire to raise your blood pressure any further, but just to say I don't think anyone reading this is in a position to contact cheap energy club on your behalf.
    2
  • Quote Originally Posted by Tucker1 View Post

    Please confirm to cheap energy club that I've cancelled my switch.
    No desire to raise your blood pressure any further, but just to say I don't think anyone reading this is in a position to contact cheap energy club on your behalf.


  • hi Stephen
    I assumed the switch was cancelled by Valerie (thinking about it the Bye! may just have been exactly that and no more), you may have a point. Hopefully @Nataly will see this tomorrow and check.
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenrand View Post
    No desire to raise your blood pressure any further, but just to say I don't think anyone reading this is in a position to contact cheap energy club on your behalf.
    Last edited by woz; 22-08-19 at 23:57. Reason: she cannae take any more cap'n, or she'll blow...
    2
  • hi Stephen
    I assumed the switch was cancelled by Valerie (thinking about it the Bye! may just have been exactly that and no more), you may have a point. Hopefully @Nataly will see this tomorrow and check.
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenrand View Post
    No desire to raise your blood pressure any further, but just to say I don't think anyone reading this is in a position to contact cheap energy club on your behalf.



  • From an email from CEC: “Thank you for letting us know, the supplier you were switching to hadn't yet passed this information onto us.”

    They clearly expect you to let them know!
    0

  • From an email from CEC: “Thank you for letting us know, the supplier you were switching to hadn't yet passed this information onto us.”

    They clearly expect you to let them know!


  • Hi Tucker1..... Welcome
    Gray4276
    2
  • Hi Tucker1..... Welcome
    Gray4276


  • hi valerie
    Did you cancel the switch with PP online?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker1 View Post

    From an email from CEC: “Thank you for letting us know, the supplier you were switching to hadn't yet passed this information onto us.”

    They clearly expect you to let them know!
    1
  • hi valerie
    Did you cancel the switch with PP online?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker1 View Post

    From an email from CEC: “Thank you for letting us know, the supplier you were switching to hadn't yet passed this information onto us.”

    They clearly expect you to let them know!


  • Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    hi Tucker1 / Valerie
    I'm sorry you don't feel welcomed, all customers and potential customers should feel welcome, the majority of posters on here are polite and friendly, irrespective of the tone of your posts (obviously caused by frustration - see later).

    I think some answers your concerns are called for, not so much for your benefit, as I doubt that anything anyone on here, including PP staff will help, but because (a) your points are important especially for you, and (b) other customers will read this thread (a thread is a chain of individual posts which relate to each other) and also I think it's only fair to look at all viewpoints.

    In your first post you asked for PP to call you, and in certain circumstances individuals at PP can contact customers (and well might have, I don't know), but in your case the query was adequately answered with all the relevant information to enable you to proceed (save for the fact that it was I, not a PP staff member who replied. You were told that PP had no control over whether EDF blocked you and pointed at the ofgem page which told you how to proceed if your supplier folded. You chose to ignore that advice.

    You were also told how to submit to the team and get a personal reply from the staff.

    I'm assuming also that you didn't do any reading at all about PP either on the MSE website or when you joined; that's fair enough, you're entitled to assume whatever you like about the energy supplier you've chosen, but how PP operates is made clear on here, and how to get help is also made very clear.
    The issue truly is that you wanted a personal response from PP and because of the method of communication (no call centres but personal help through wattbot) you felt as though you were being fobbed off, which is certainly not the case. Members went out of their way to help, (I don't work for PP by the way)

    Not having a moron phone is your choice, although tarring everyone who does have one with the moron brush is unacceptable.

    In fact after your post I submitted a proposition that there should be the facility to add a landline. (there already is in a way, it's not ideal and won't do everything a text would do but I'll get to that). I know for a fact that my proposition will be discussed by PP staff. In fact I agree with you despite marc's reply I think it does need addressing if a workable solution can be found. (and bearing in mind that in 2015 the ONS reported that 95% of the population owned a mobile and the figure is probably higher now)
    As you found a way round it for joining I made the error of judgement not suggesting a way to help which would probably have answered your concerns.
    As far as I know there is no need to disclose your marital status, I wonder if the MSE process is different? I shall ask about that. Anyone?
    The date of birth is there for a number of reasons usual to those taking out an energy or nany other type of contract where credit is given.

    Notwithstanding the obvious irritation that all this has caused you, I also mention the Priority Services Register for those with difficulties, you can add your landline details there. Not ideal but it would give PP the means of calling you in an emergency.
    As described by marc, who is PP staff, the request for a mobile number is to keep the customer informed and to help the customer, but not having one isn't a deal breaker as far as joining is concerned, it's your choice.
    What surprises me is that you didn't complain about having to have a computer and email to join, which would have been no less valid than a mobile 'phone.
    There is a 24/7 emergency button online or in the app, for cases where PP intervention is required in addition to the National emergency numbers , everything else that isn't an emergency is covered 24/7 by the community and wattbot message the team as described.

    I genuinely hope you feel better.
    I'm sure PP too will take away something positive from this thread, I certainly have, and good luck with whichever supplier you choose.
    Hi Woz,

    What a fanfastic response, you never cease to amaze me with your level of knowledge. The assistance that you offer, often to people who are less than appreciative, is as usual "firm but fair" as @Marc Would say.
    I hope that some of the information has been understood, but IMHO I doubt it. Hats off to you m8
    Gray4276
    3
  • Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    hi Tucker1 / Valerie
    I'm sorry you don't feel welcomed, all customers and potential customers should feel welcome, the majority of posters on here are polite and friendly, irrespective of the tone of your posts (obviously caused by frustration - see later).

    I think some answers your concerns are called for, not so much for your benefit, as I doubt that anything anyone on here, including PP staff will help, but because (a) your points are important especially for you, and (b) other customers will read this thread (a thread is a chain of individual posts which relate to each other) and also I think it's only fair to look at all viewpoints.

    In your first post you asked for PP to call you, and in certain circumstances individuals at PP can contact customers (and well might have, I don't know), but in your case the query was adequately answered with all the relevant information to enable you to proceed (save for the fact that it was I, not a PP staff member who replied. You were told that PP had no control over whether EDF blocked you and pointed at the ofgem page which told you how to proceed if your supplier folded. You chose to ignore that advice.

    You were also told how to submit to the team and get a personal reply from the staff.

    I'm assuming also that you didn't do any reading at all about PP either on the MSE website or when you joined; that's fair enough, you're entitled to assume whatever you like about the energy supplier you've chosen, but how PP operates is made clear on here, and how to get help is also made very clear.
    The issue truly is that you wanted a personal response from PP and because of the method of communication (no call centres but personal help through wattbot) you felt as though you were being fobbed off, which is certainly not the case. Members went out of their way to help, (I don't work for PP by the way)

    Not having a moron phone is your choice, although tarring everyone who does have one with the moron brush is unacceptable.

    In fact after your post I submitted a proposition that there should be the facility to add a landline. (there already is in a way, it's not ideal and won't do everything a text would do but I'll get to that). I know for a fact that my proposition will be discussed by PP staff. In fact I agree with you despite marc's reply I think it does need addressing if a workable solution can be found. (and bearing in mind that in 2015 the ONS reported that 95% of the population owned a mobile and the figure is probably higher now)
    As you found a way round it for joining I made the error of judgement not suggesting a way to help which would probably have answered your concerns.
    As far as I know there is no need to disclose your marital status, I wonder if the MSE process is different? I shall ask about that. Anyone?
    The date of birth is there for a number of reasons usual to those taking out an energy or nany other type of contract where credit is given.

    Notwithstanding the obvious irritation that all this has caused you, I also mention the Priority Services Register for those with difficulties, you can add your landline details there. Not ideal but it would give PP the means of calling you in an emergency.
    As described by marc, who is PP staff, the request for a mobile number is to keep the customer informed and to help the customer, but not having one isn't a deal breaker as far as joining is concerned, it's your choice.
    What surprises me is that you didn't complain about having to have a computer and email to join, which would have been no less valid than a mobile 'phone.
    There is a 24/7 emergency button online or in the app, for cases where PP intervention is required in addition to the National emergency numbers , everything else that isn't an emergency is covered 24/7 by the community and wattbot message the team as described.

    I genuinely hope you feel better.
    I'm sure PP too will take away something positive from this thread, I certainly have, and good luck with whichever supplier you choose.
    Hi Woz,

    What a fanfastic response, you never cease to amaze me with your level of knowledge. The assistance that you offer, often to people who are less than appreciative, is as usual "firm but fair" as @Marc Would say.
    I hope that some of the information has been understood, but IMHO I doubt it. Hats off to you m8
    Gray4276


  • Thanks Gray, that's very kind of you!
    1
  • Thanks Gray, that's very kind of you!


  • Hi Tucker1.

    As a former Solarplicity customer, who left before they imploded, I am genuinely shocked at your attitude towards Pure Planet, and the people in this forum.

    Pure Planet, unlike Andrew Shortis, has never made any claims to be anything other than what it is - an app-based, green-energy, provider.

    To complain about Pure Planet not offering the 'services you expect' when they categorically do not claim to offer them, is, at best, churlish.

    You came here, you posted, not a 'welcome!', not a 'can someone help me?,' instead you posted a series of complaints about the way PurePlanet operates, and then you complain that 'you weren't welcomed.'

    Members here, who are customers like myself, have tried to offer you help and advice, and it appears your only response is to complain 'I can't have what I want' - what you appear to want from Pure Planet has never been offered by it.

    I've read EDFs notes on the Solarplicity solution, it's available easily on their website, they state you are free to leave, I don't quite know why your inability to comprehend that is Pure Planet's fault.

    But seriously, if you think Pure Planet is bad after being a 'Solarplicity' customer, I can only assume you never had to contact 'Solarplicity' after they re-branded 'LoCo2 Energy' because that shower really did redefine 'poor customer service' - personally, I believe that had they not started the 'smart meter' roll-out, then they may have survived, but they lost a lot of goodwill, and customers after that point in 2018.

    Now, you are obviously fully-entitled to your opinion regarding what levels of customer service you find 'acceptable' - but that does not give an excuse to start off the way you did in your opening post.

    You could, quite easily, as others have done, asked politely for help, you could have searched the website - using the search function, it appears you chose to do neither.

    Oh, and in answer to two of your questions:

    'Merging your posts' what Nataly was basically saying was that she either 'joined' all your posts together, or that she 'joined' them all into one thread - without knowing how you originally posted, I cannot say.

    'Pure planet needing personal information,' I don't remember being asked for that information myself, however I assume that if something went 'wrong', either Pure Planet, or Cheap Energy Club, will need some personal information to help prove you are who you say you are?

    Regards
    Gwynd
    Last edited by Gwyndy; 23-08-19 at 21:44.
    3
  • Hi Tucker1.

    As a former Solarplicity customer, who left before they imploded, I am genuinely shocked at your attitude towards Pure Planet, and the people in this forum.

    Pure Planet, unlike Andrew Shortis, has never made any claims to be anything other than what it is - an app-based, green-energy, provider.

    To complain about Pure Planet not offering the 'services you expect' when they categorically do not claim to offer them, is, at best, churlish.

    You came here, you posted, not a 'welcome!', not a 'can someone help me?,' instead you posted a series of complaints about the way PurePlanet operates, and then you complain that 'you weren't welcomed.'

    Members here, who are customers like myself, have tried to offer you help and advice, and it appears your only response is to complain 'I can't have what I want' - what you appear to want from Pure Planet has never been offered by it.

    I've read EDFs notes on the Solarplicity solution, it's available easily on their website, they state you are free to leave, I don't quite know why your inability to comprehend that is Pure Planet's fault.

    But seriously, if you think Pure Planet is bad after being a 'Solarplicity' customer, I can only assume you never had to contact 'Solarplicity' after they re-branded 'LoCo2 Energy' because that shower really did redefine 'poor customer service' - personally, I believe that had they not started the 'smart meter' roll-out, then they may have survived, but they lost a lot of goodwill, and customers after that point in 2018.

    Now, you are obviously fully-entitled to your opinion regarding what levels of customer service you find 'acceptable' - but that does not give an excuse to start off the way you did in your opening post.

    You could, quite easily, as others have done, asked politely for help, you could have searched the website - using the search function, it appears you chose to do neither.

    Oh, and in answer to two of your questions:

    'Merging your posts' what Nataly was basically saying was that she either 'joined' all your posts together, or that she 'joined' them all into one thread - without knowing how you originally posted, I cannot say.

    'Pure planet needing personal information,' I don't remember being asked for that information myself, however I assume that if something went 'wrong', either Pure Planet, or Cheap Energy Club, will need some personal information to help prove you are who you say you are?

    Regards
    Gwynd