• Switching away from pure planet not received my final bill

Hi community,

I left pure planet on the 28th June. It’s now been more than 6 weeks and still haven’t received my final bill. Is this normal with pure planet?
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Hi community,

I left pure planet on the 28th June. It’s now been more than 6 weeks and still haven’t received my final bill. Is this normal with pure planet?
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Quote Originally Posted by Tristranjackson View Post
    Hi community,

Hi @Tristranjackson
    Welcome to the community.
    I've flagged this up with our Member services team. The reason is because your Direct Debit was cancelled.
    The team emailed you about not being able to take your regular DD payment on 22 June. Without an active DD not only can they not take payment, they also won't be able to process any refund if there is money owed to you.
    They also called you on the same day, but there was no answer.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Quote Originally Posted by Tristranjackson View Post
    Hi community,

Hi @Tristranjackson
    Welcome to the community.
    I've flagged this up with our Member services team. The reason is because your Direct Debit was cancelled.
    The team emailed you about not being able to take your regular DD payment on 22 June. Without an active DD not only can they not take payment, they also won't be able to process any refund if there is money owed to you.
    They also called you on the same day, but there was no answer.

• Around six weeks is normal for any company, as it's an industry process. Can be quicker, unusual for it to be longer. You haven't changed your address? And is your direct debit still open? Final question (!!) - have you heard anything from your new supplier about any difficulties?

Post back, and you'll get more help

Stephen
  • Around six weeks is normal for any company, as it's an industry process. Can be quicker, unusual for it to be longer. You haven't changed your address? And is your direct debit still open? Final question (!!) - have you heard anything from your new supplier about any difficulties?

Post back, and you'll get more help

Stephen

• hi Tristranjackson
    No it isn't normal, PP aim to do it as fast as possible, but sometimes there are delays.
    ​If you've cancelled the DD PP won't be able to pay you any refund, and you'll need to let them know where to pay it.
    Is wattbot still working on your account? (I thought it should be but I'm now unsure because of another post)
    If so you should type message the team and ask for it to be sorted as soon as possible.
    If wattbot isn't working post back.
    Quote Originally Posted by ;35879
    Hi community,

• hi Tristranjackson
    No it isn't normal, PP aim to do it as fast as possible, but sometimes there are delays.
    ​If you've cancelled the DD PP won't be able to pay you any refund, and you'll need to let them know where to pay it.
    Is wattbot still working on your account? (I thought it should be but I'm now unsure because of another post)
    If so you should type message the team and ask for it to be sorted as soon as possible.
    If wattbot isn't working post back.
    Quote Originally Posted by ;35879
    Hi community,

• It’s been nearly 8 weeks now and no bill. I did cancel my direct debit as they kept taking payments after I had switched away from them and didn’t seem to have any idea I had already left when they rang to reinstate the DD. This shouldn’t effect them producing a final bill just issuing the refund surely. No wattbot doesn’t work for me now I’ve left so no way of contacting them directly.

- - - Updated - - -

It’s been nearly 8 weeks now and no bill. I did cancel my direct debit as they kept taking payments after I had switched away from them and didn’t seem to have any idea I had already left when they rang to reinstate the DD. This shouldn’t effect them producing a final bill just issuing the refund surely. No wattbot doesn’t work for me now I’ve left so no way of contacting them directly.
  • It’s been nearly 8 weeks now and no bill. I did cancel my direct debit as they kept taking payments after I had switched away from them and didn’t seem to have any idea I had already left when they rang to reinstate the DD. This shouldn’t effect them producing a final bill just issuing the refund surely. No wattbot doesn’t work for me now I’ve left so no way of contacting them directly.

- - - Updated - - -

It’s been nearly 8 weeks now and no bill. I did cancel my direct debit as they kept taking payments after I had switched away from them and didn’t seem to have any idea I had already left when they rang to reinstate the DD. This shouldn’t effect them producing a final bill just issuing the refund surely. No wattbot doesn’t work for me now I’ve left so no way of contacting them directly.

• hi Tristranjackson
    8 weeks is unacceptable, so clearly something is amiss. No idea what it is (yet)
    The continued taking of DD's is usual with all energy companies, even if the bill is produced more quickly, it's often down to timing, you could have asked them to reduce suspend when you left, they would have done, in which case you could have left dd in place, but that's no help now.
    You are correct, even if they couldn't pay the refund you certainly should have received a final bill, have you checked your emails?
    Wattbot should have still been working, I think PP are looking into this (it should have been fixed at the last but one app update but there may still be probs for closers)
    Can you update the app anyway, and see if that cures it (I know what you're thinking but hey...).... in the meanwhile someone from PP will communicate with you tomorrow, you'll need to give them account details etc.
    This isn't typical.

- - - Updated - - -

• hi Tristranjackson
    8 weeks is unacceptable, so clearly something is amiss. No idea what it is (yet)
    The continued taking of DD's is usual with all energy companies, even if the bill is produced more quickly, it's often down to timing, you could have asked them to reduce suspend when you left, they would have done, in which case you could have left dd in place, but that's no help now.
    You are correct, even if they couldn't pay the refund you certainly should have received a final bill, have you checked your emails?
    Wattbot should have still been working, I think PP are looking into this (it should have been fixed at the last but one app update but there may still be probs for closers)
    Can you update the app anyway, and see if that cures it (I know what you're thinking but hey...).... in the meanwhile someone from PP will communicate with you tomorrow, you'll need to give them account details etc.
    This isn't typical.

- - - Updated - - -

• Hi Woz,

ive just updated my app and wattbot is working now. I have checked me emails and also the junk folder and there is definitely no bill. Wattbot says I should get a reply from the team tomorrow

​thank you you for the help

Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    hi Tristranjackson
    This isn't typical.
  • Hi Woz,

ive just updated my app and wattbot is working now. I have checked me emails and also the junk folder and there is definitely no bill. Wattbot says I should get a reply from the team tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    hi Tristranjackson
    This isn't typical.

• YW, hope you get it sorted soon.
    Hi Woz,

• YW, hope you get it sorted soon.
    Hi Woz,

• Hi Marc,

I spoke to members of the team on separate two occasions after they tried to contact me on the 22nd, the last being 18/7 and on both occasions they didn’t say that not having a direct debit would hinder the process of supplying my final bill and it should be done in the normal period. I don’t see why I should have to have a direct debit going out to them two months after they’ve stopped supplying me with energy.
  • Hi Marc,

I spoke to members of the team on separate two occasions after they tried to contact me on the 22nd, the last being 18/7 and on both occasions they didn’t say that not having a direct debit would hinder the process of supplying my final bill and it should be done in the normal period. I don’t see why I should have to have a direct debit going out to them two months after they’ve stopped supplying me with energy.

• Hi @Tristranjackson
    OK. I don't have access to Members' accounts, so it may be something specific to your account.
    But as I've flagged this with our team, Tom from the team is looking into it right now

• Hi @Tristranjackson
    OK. I don't have access to Members' accounts, so it may be something specific to your account.
    But as I've flagged this with our team, Tom from the team is looking into it right now

• Because that's the way the energy industry works, not everyone is owed money and you have a very robust DD guarantee.

Hi Marc,

I don’t see why I should have to have a direct debit going out to them two months after they’ve stopped supplying me with energy.
  • Because that's the way the energy industry works, not everyone is owed money and you have a very robust DD guarantee.

Hi Marc,

I don’t see why I should have to have a direct debit going out to them two months after they’ve stopped supplying me with energy.