• Balance suddenly changed without any notice

Hi,

My balance was £-35.10, as we setup our account quite late, plus we were unable to give Meter readings for our property so pp Is charging us for an empty house which isn't using power. This is fine however, suddenly my balance was changed to -£94, and I got an email saying we need to pay more based on "review of our account". We haven't missed our August payment of £64 , it's not yet to be deducted so I don't understand why they've added this extra charge. Why has this been done?
    Also, since I'm unable to provide meter readings, when I'm able too will the money I've paid for July and August be added as credit or just for August? I'm not sure how meter readings work
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Hi,

My balance was £-35.10, as we setup our account quite late, plus we were unable to give Meter readings for our property so pp Is charging us for an empty house which isn't using power. This is fine however, suddenly my balance was changed to -£94, and I got an email saying we need to pay more based on "review of our account". We haven't missed our August payment of £64 , it's not yet to be deducted so I don't understand why they've added this extra charge. Why has this been done?
    Also, since I'm unable to provide meter readings, when I'm able too will the money I've paid for July and August be added as credit or just for August? I'm not sure how meter readings work
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hey @Sohail1998

Looks like you're in touch with our Member Services team to get this sorted.
    Ben replied to your WattBot on 20 August so if you could reply to his message, that'd be great

Your balance changed when your latest statement was sent out - if you let Ben know your meter readings he'll be able to review your statements from these
    Hope that helps?

Nice one @marshallm for helping out another member!
    Our summer payments are from April - September, and winter payments are October - March.
  • Hey @Sohail1998

Looks like you're in touch with our Member Services team to get this sorted.
    Ben replied to your WattBot on 20 August so if you could reply to his message, that'd be great

Your balance changed when your latest statement was sent out - if you let Ben know your meter readings he'll be able to review your statements from these
    Hope that helps?

Nice one @marshallm for helping out another member!
    Our summer payments are from April - September, and winter payments are October - March.

• They may have switched you over to winter payments which are always more than the summer ones. It should balance out over the year.
  • They may have switched you over to winter payments which are always more than the summer ones. It should balance out over the year.

• hi Sohail
    to clarify PP will bill you for the units used so your balance will adjust accordingly.
    But it's also true that PP if they don't have readings will estimate and then bill you for the units they think you've used, which is probably what happened in your case.
    ​Updated meter readings and an adjustment of the dd if necessary is the answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sohail1998 View Post
    Hi, My balance was £-35.10, as we setup our account quite late, plus we were unable to give Meter readings for our property so pp Is charging us for an empty house which isn't using power. This is fine however, suddenly my balance was changed to -£94, and I got an email saying we need to pay more based on "review of our account". We haven't missed our August payment of £64 , it's not yet to be deducted so I don't understand why they've added this extra charge. Why has this been done? Also, since I'm unable to provide meter readings, when I'm able too will the money I've paid for July and August be added as credit or just for August? I'm not sure how meter readings work
  • hi Sohail
    to clarify PP will bill you for the units used so your balance will adjust accordingly.
    But it's also true that PP if they don't have readings will estimate and then bill you for the units they think you've used, which is probably what happened in your case.
    ​Updated meter readings and an adjustment of the dd if necessary is the answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sohail1998 View Post
    Hi, My balance was £-35.10, as we setup our account quite late, plus we were unable to give Meter readings for our property so pp Is charging us for an empty house which isn't using power. This is fine however, suddenly my balance was changed to -£94, and I got an email saying we need to pay more based on "review of our account". We haven't missed our August payment of £64 , it's not yet to be deducted so I don't understand why they've added this extra charge. Why has this been done? Also, since I'm unable to provide meter readings, when I'm able too will the money I've paid for July and August be added as credit or just for August? I'm not sure how meter readings work