• Smart meters

I have registered interest but with our previous supplier because we have a separate annex/house where my mum lives attached via a landlord meter we were not able to have one. Will this still be the case?
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • I have registered interest but with our previous supplier because we have a separate annex/house where my mum lives attached via a landlord meter we were not able to have one. Will this still be the case?
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hey @Janet T and welcome to the PP Community

It depends on how your meters are set up - do you know if you're on E7 or E10?

If you're unsure, you can tap 'help' > 'Ask WattBot' in your account and send a photo of your meters to the team. They'll be able to check whether you're able to have a SMETS 2 meter fitted or not
  • Hey @Janet T and welcome to the PP Community

It depends on how your meters are set up - do you know if you're on E7 or E10?

If you're unsure, you can tap 'help' > 'Ask WattBot' in your account and send a photo of your meters to the team. They'll be able to check whether you're able to have a SMETS 2 meter fitted or not

• hi Janet
    have a look at your bill and see if it has two mpan's < link on it. It probably does.
    If you have 2 chances are you cant have a SM.
    ​(I'm assuming the landlord meter wasn't something fitted by an electrican but is billed on the same bill)

Quote Originally Posted by Janet T View Post
    I have registered interest but with our previous supplier because we have a separate annex/house where my mum lives attached via a landlord meter we were not able to have one. Will this still be the case?
  • hi Janet
    have a look at your bill and see if it has two mpan's < link on it. It probably does.
    If you have 2 chances are you cant have a SM.
    ​(I'm assuming the landlord meter wasn't something fitted by an electrican but is billed on the same bill)

Quote Originally Posted by Janet T View Post