• Can't give first meter reading as away

I'm in the process of switching to pure planet and need to give first meter reading by 23rd August, but am on holiday until September.
    Does that matter, can I just give a reading when I get back or will that be a problem?

Any ideas?
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • I'm in the process of switching to pure planet and need to give first meter reading by 23rd August, but am on holiday until September.
    Does that matter, can I just give a reading when I get back or will that be a problem?

Any ideas?
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

hi Peter

It won't make much difference, what you pay one supplier you don't pay the other so the difference is only the price difference between units, so very little..
    I'm unclear if you're home at the moment i.e that you haven't gone yet? If so you could estimate the readings for the date you need and submit those assuming you have internet access while away. (If the house is unoccupied and the gas isn't on you wont use any gas, and just add a couple of kWh per day to the electric from date you read it. The readings have to be agreed by both parties so unless there's a huge discrepancy it won't matter)
    If not possible I wouldn't worry about it.
    You don't say what date in September, but if its much more than a week after 23rd Aug it may be advisable to forewarn PP by sending a message through wattbot, type message the team and just say you'll submit on your return. Can't do any harm.
    Have a nice holiday!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Dishman View Post
    I'm in the process of switching to pure planet and need to give first meter reading by 23rd August, but am on holiday until September.

Any ideas?
  • hi Peter

It won't make much difference, what you pay one supplier you don't pay the other so the difference is only the price difference between units, so very little..
    I'm unclear if you're home at the moment i.e that you haven't gone yet? If so you could estimate the readings for the date you need and submit those assuming you have internet access while away. (If the house is unoccupied and the gas isn't on you wont use any gas, and just add a couple of kWh per day to the electric from date you read it. The readings have to be agreed by both parties so unless there's a huge discrepancy it won't matter)
    If not possible I wouldn't worry about it.
    You don't say what date in September, but if its much more than a week after 23rd Aug it may be advisable to forewarn PP by sending a message through wattbot, type message the team and just say you'll submit on your return. Can't do any harm.
    Have a nice holiday!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Dishman View Post

Any ideas?