• My bill

Hi,
    I have been paying over £250 per month for the past few months now. When do I get back to previously quoted payments?
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Hi,
    I have been paying over £250 per month for the past few months now. When do I get back to previously quoted payments?
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hi Anddrew
    This is account specific (read on)
    This sounds like you've agreed a higher payment to clear a previous underpayment? Is that the case, because PP won't increase your payment without your agreement to whatever plan is necessary, so I assume there has been some correspondence between you and PP?

​If that is the case and your balance is back to what it should be you now need to agree an ongoing payment to cover your use. I would have thought if you built up a debt that your original payment wasn't high enough to cover your use but all of this is a guess. (later edit:it may have been because of missed payments in which case see post below)
    As it's account specific you need to go to help, ask wattbot, type message the team and discuss this with PP, and agree a new payment.
    If all of the above is wrong, why was your payment increased? (you don't have to answer that if it's personal, only asking so I might give you the best advice)

Quote Originally Posted by Anddrew Thomson View Post
    Hi,
    Last edited by woz; 20-08-19 at 00:12.
  • Hi Anddrew
    This is account specific (read on)
    This sounds like you've agreed a higher payment to clear a previous underpayment? Is that the case, because PP won't increase your payment without your agreement to whatever plan is necessary, so I assume there has been some correspondence between you and PP?

​If that is the case and your balance is back to what it should be you now need to agree an ongoing payment to cover your use. I would have thought if you built up a debt that your original payment wasn't high enough to cover your use but all of this is a guess. (later edit:it may have been because of missed payments in which case see post below)
    As it's account specific you need to go to help, ask wattbot, type message the team and discuss this with PP, and agree a new payment.
    If all of the above is wrong, why was your payment increased? (you don't have to answer that if it's personal, only asking so I might give you the best advice)

Hi,

• Hi Andrew

As this is your first post, welcome to the Pure Planet community! When you post here you are not talking directly to Pure Planet but to your fellow customers. But they are a helpful bunch, most of the time!!

I'm not 100 per cent sure I've understood your question correctly, but let's see if this helps:

Pure Planet run a system where you pay 40 per cent direct debits in the summer months, and 60 per cent in the winter months - October-March. So your October payment will be the first at the higher winter rate.

But £250 a month is very high. Does this bear any relation to the quote you were given when you joined? You can instantly get an idea of whether this is too much by looking at your statement emails, or your balance - if you are paying too much, then your credit balance will be increasing every month. If that's what is happening, then it's worth sending a message to Pure Planet via the app.

Open it up, go to the three little bars in the top right hand corner, select Help, then choose Wattbot, put'message the team'in the subject box, and explain the problem. They promise to get back to you within one or two working days.

If this doesn't work, post back here and we'll do our best to help.

Stephen
  • Hi Andrew

As this is your first post, welcome to the Pure Planet community! When you post here you are not talking directly to Pure Planet but to your fellow customers. But they are a helpful bunch, most of the time!!

I'm not 100 per cent sure I've understood your question correctly, but let's see if this helps:

Pure Planet run a system where you pay 40 per cent direct debits in the summer months, and 60 per cent in the winter months - October-March. So your October payment will be the first at the higher winter rate.

But £250 a month is very high. Does this bear any relation to the quote you were given when you joined? You can instantly get an idea of whether this is too much by looking at your statement emails, or your balance - if you are paying too much, then your credit balance will be increasing every month. If that's what is happening, then it's worth sending a message to Pure Planet via the app.

Open it up, go to the three little bars in the top right hand corner, select Help, then choose Wattbot, put'message the team'in the subject box, and explain the problem. They promise to get back to you within one or two working days.

If this doesn't work, post back here and we'll do our best to help.

Stephen

• Quote Originally Posted by Anddrew Thomson View Post
    Hi,
    Even without knowing your situation I would say when you agreement says so.

Are you saying they are taking money after you have cleared your arrears?

Otherwise Woz has some Ideas.

X Driver
  • Quote Originally Posted by Anddrew Thomson View Post
    Hi,
    Even without knowing your situation I would say when you agreement says so.

Are you saying they are taking money after you have cleared your arrears?

Otherwise Woz has some Ideas.

X Driver

• to add
    PP cant increase your DD without telling you that's what they are going to do, and, presumably although not necessarily, that would be done after some discussion with the customer.
    So yes, a bit of reading between the lines.
    It depends what caused the original increase. If it was caused because some payments were missed rather than the usage being higher, it may well be appropriate to go back to the original amount.
  • to add
    PP cant increase your DD without telling you that's what they are going to do, and, presumably although not necessarily, that would be done after some discussion with the customer.
    So yes, a bit of reading between the lines.
    It depends what caused the original increase. If it was caused because some payments were missed rather than the usage being higher, it may well be appropriate to go back to the original amount.

• £283 again!

This is robbery! Will contact my bank to cancel payment, Contact Ombudsman and put my lawyer on the case.
    This is an offence to charge this amount of money.
    Don't sign up to this company!
  • This is robbery! Will contact my bank to cancel payment, Contact Ombudsman and put my lawyer on the case.

• My bill

Don't join Pure Planet. You get robbed after a year.
    Ombudsman on the case.
  • Don't join Pure Planet. You get robbed after a year.
    Ombudsman on the case.

• hi Anddrew
    ​Oh dear!
    When you've calmed down do you want to answer the following as the community can better advise with some facts.
    firstly, did you read the reply to your first post HERE
    How much is your statement balance after the dd payment?
    How much was your original annual estimate (winter and summer?)
    Did you go into arrears?
    Have you contacted the team by wattbot ? Did you get replies? What did they say?
    Have you been submitting readings?

It's hard to advise without the facts...
    ​I neither work for nor represent Pure Planet.

This is robbery! Will contact my bank to cancel payment, Contact Ombudsman and put my lawyer on the case.
    Last edited by woz; 06-09-19 at 23:51.
  • hi Anddrew
    ​Oh dear!
    When you've calmed down do you want to answer the following as the community can better advise with some facts.
    firstly, did you read the reply to your first post HERE
    How much is your statement balance after the dd payment?
    How much was your original annual estimate (winter and summer?)
    Did you go into arrears?
    Have you contacted the team by wattbot ? Did you get replies? What did they say?
    Have you been submitting readings?

It's hard to advise without the facts...
    ​I neither work for nor represent Pure Planet.

• Hi Andrew, is this a closure of communication from you or do you want advice from the community to help solve whatever you believe has gone wrong here?
    The issue for the community is that once you've referred this to the ombudsman there seems little point in offering help (if we can?)
    Also I'm mindful of the fact that you may use the help you have from the community in your ombudsman case, which puts the community in a very difficult position.
    I've replied to your other post, if you don't want help just say so.
    I neither work for nor represent Pure Planet, I'm just a customer.
    Ombudsman on the case.
    Last edited by woz; 06-09-19 at 23:49.
  • Hi Andrew, is this a closure of communication from you or do you want advice from the community to help solve whatever you believe has gone wrong here?
    The issue for the community is that once you've referred this to the ombudsman there seems little point in offering help (if we can?)
    Also I'm mindful of the fact that you may use the help you have from the community in your ombudsman case, which puts the community in a very difficult position.
    I neither work for nor represent Pure Planet, I'm just a customer.
    Ombudsman on the case.

• late addition and below is the reply to your other post, where you stated that it's in the hands of the ombudsman.

Hi Andrew, is this a closure of communication from you or do you want advice from the community to help solve whatever you believe has gone wrong here?

I neither work for nor represent Pure Planet
    Last edited by woz; 07-09-19 at 00:46.
  • late addition and below is the reply to your other post, where you stated that it's in the hands of the ombudsman.

Hi Andrew, is this a closure of communication from you or do you want advice from the community to help solve whatever you believe has gone wrong here?

I neither work for nor represent Pure Planet

• Hi @Anddrew Thomson
    Have you contacted our Member services team about this?
    (BTW i've moved your separate posts into one thread. This is to avoid us having duplicate chats in different parts of the community, as that can get a bit confusing!)
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Hi @Anddrew Thomson
    Have you contacted our Member services team about this?
    (BTW i've moved your separate posts into one thread. This is to avoid us having duplicate chats in different parts of the community, as that can get a bit confusing!)
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• How can I download my bill?
  • How can I download my bill?

• hi Tom
    Your first statement will arrive as a pdf in an email a month (give or take a day or 2) after you've paid the first direct debit.
    You can save the pdf from the email.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomDonnelly View Post
    How can I download my bill?
  • hi Tom
    Your first statement will arrive as a pdf in an email a month (give or take a day or 2) after you've paid the first direct debit.
    You can save the pdf from the email.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomDonnelly View Post
    How can I download my bill?

• Final bill!

Absolute rogues! Will definitely recommend NOT to to join this crowd.
  • Absolute rogues! Will definitely recommend NOT to to join this crowd.

• hi Andrew,
    You seem upset...what’s happened?
    Have Pure planet charged you for energy you haven’t used?
    Is your final bill wrong?
    Do you want help, just looked at your previous posts it looks like your payments were increased to cover a shortfall- is that correct?
    Last edited by woz; 02-10-19 at 21:01.
  • hi Andrew,
    You seem upset...what’s happened?
    Have Pure planet charged you for energy you haven’t used?
    Is your final bill wrong?
    Do you want help, just looked at your previous posts it looks like your payments were increased to cover a shortfall- is that correct?

• Hi Andrew,

(This should be read in conjunction with your previous posts)

It certainly appears that you have made up your mind about PP.

However, I notice that you have not actually explained what has actually happened..... only that your payments are now £250.....You have also not responded to the Community Forum members who are offering assistance.
    It "appears" that your account has not been conducted in a responsible manner by yourself. The only reason for PP to raise your DD payments is because you are in a serious debit position.
    One reason for a large debit balance is if payments were missed for some reason.... you and PP are the only people who can confirm if this is the case. Another reason is that the original DD agreement was substantially lower than the "actual" usage. You supply the estimated annual usage figures to your "new" energy supplier during the switching process. So if you supplied wildly inaccurate figures.... then PP will have to increase your DD payment to cover the cost of your "actual" usage. This is only what any responsible energy supplier would do, as you pay for the energy that you use. Your comments seem to me to be completely "over the top" But that is only my own personal opinion as I am not working for or representing PP... I am just a PP customer.
    Last edited by Gray4276; 02-10-19 at 21:46.
    Gray4276
  • Hi Andrew,

(This should be read in conjunction with your previous posts)

It certainly appears that you have made up your mind about PP.

However, I notice that you have not actually explained what has actually happened..... only that your payments are now £250.....You have also not responded to the Community Forum members who are offering assistance.
    It "appears" that your account has not been conducted in a responsible manner by yourself. The only reason for PP to raise your DD payments is because you are in a serious debit position.
    One reason for a large debit balance is if payments were missed for some reason.... you and PP are the only people who can confirm if this is the case. Another reason is that the original DD agreement was substantially lower than the "actual" usage. You supply the estimated annual usage figures to your "new" energy supplier during the switching process. So if you supplied wildly inaccurate figures.... then PP will have to increase your DD payment to cover the cost of your "actual" usage. This is only what any responsible energy supplier would do, as you pay for the energy that you use. Your comments seem to me to be completely "over the top" But that is only my own personal opinion as I am not working for or representing PP... I am just a PP customer.
    Gray4276