• Plans for ways landlords and estate agents can pay for energy in between tenants

Hi everyone

We’re kicking off some work into how we can help improve our service for landlords and estate agents.

We’d love to get your feedback on what we’ve got in mind, in case we miss anything you’d like to see.

Whenever there’s a gap between tenants in a rented property, the landlord or estate agent is responsible for that small amount of energy usage. Right now, they need to set up a Pure Planet account. When the new tenant moves in, they then set up their own account, and the landlord’s account is manually closed by us.

We know that this can be a frustrating experience for everyone so we’re planning some improvements to make life easier.

Landlords and estate agents usually just want a way of paying for the small amount of energy and Membership fee (standing charge) used between tenants, without having to sign up to a PP account.

So what we’re planning is a new ‘landlords’ section on our website with a form where you’ll be able to tell us your name and address, the address of the property you want to pay for, and the start/end dates you’re responsible for. Then we’ll send you a bill for the energy used, and how to pay.

I don’t have a confirmed date of when this will go live, but we want to start planning this feature soon. So if there’s anything you think we’ve missed, or if you’ve got more thoughts and suggestions, let’s hear them!
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Hi everyone

We’re kicking off some work into how we can help improve our service for landlords and estate agents.

We’d love to get your feedback on what we’ve got in mind, in case we miss anything you’d like to see.

Whenever there’s a gap between tenants in a rented property, the landlord or estate agent is responsible for that small amount of energy usage. Right now, they need to set up a Pure Planet account. When the new tenant moves in, they then set up their own account, and the landlord’s account is manually closed by us.

We know that this can be a frustrating experience for everyone so we’re planning some improvements to make life easier.

Landlords and estate agents usually just want a way of paying for the small amount of energy and Membership fee (standing charge) used between tenants, without having to sign up to a PP account.

So what we’re planning is a new ‘landlords’ section on our website with a form where you’ll be able to tell us your name and address, the address of the property you want to pay for, and the start/end dates you’re responsible for. Then we’ll send you a bill for the energy used, and how to pay.

I don’t have a confirmed date of when this will go live, but we want to start planning this feature soon. So if there’s anything you think we’ve missed, or if you’ve got more thoughts and suggestions, let’s hear them!
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Good Afternoon we are a letting agent. I would like to give the meter reading when a tenant moved out and the landlord name that is responsible for period between tenants and the when a new tenant move in. I email other suppliers the details and then we make payment. as we are a company I also need bank details so I can make payment. How do I do this with you.
  • Good Afternoon we are a letting agent. I would like to give the meter reading when a tenant moved out and the landlord name that is responsible for period between tenants and the when a new tenant move in. I email other suppliers the details and then we make payment. as we are a company I also need bank details so I can make payment. How do I do this with you.
  • Hi Vivienne64,
    As you have seen from the post above, this is a work in progress and not actually live right now.
    At the moment the only way is to create an account ( and switch ).
    The outgoing tenant should have informed PP that they were moving and given the meter readings
  • Hi Vivienne64,
    As you have seen from the post above, this is a work in progress and not actually live right now.
    At the moment the only way is to create an account ( and switch ).
    The outgoing tenant should have informed PP that they were moving and given the meter readings