Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

• Missed payments

What happens if you miss a payment on the day it is due
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • What happens if you miss a payment on the day it is due
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

hi Drew
    As it's a direct debit the only reasons for it not being paid are either that you've cancelled it or there are insufficient funds in your account and the bank won't pay it.
    Either way you should contact the team to explain, you'll find in the second case they may want to help you (sympathetically) to either amend your payment plan, or agree a payment with you, or take a one-off payment.

In answer to the question I don't know for sure the process, but I'd expect PP might try to claim it again if the bank refused it (I'm not sure perhaps @Nataly can clarify that one) and if they can't they will contact you.

​As far as placing a mark on your credit file goes I don't know under what circumstances that would happen, I suspect if it was one payment and you took steps to pay it you'd probably be OK but best to ask them directly, go to help, ask wattbot, type message the team and ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Thompson View Post
  • hi Drew
    As it's a direct debit the only reasons for it not being paid are either that you've cancelled it or there are insufficient funds in your account and the bank won't pay it.
    Either way you should contact the team to explain, you'll find in the second case they may want to help you (sympathetically) to either amend your payment plan, or agree a payment with you, or take a one-off payment.

In answer to the question I don't know for sure the process, but I'd expect PP might try to claim it again if the bank refused it (I'm not sure perhaps @Nataly can clarify that one) and if they can't they will contact you.

​As far as placing a mark on your credit file goes I don't know under what circumstances that would happen, I suspect if it was one payment and you took steps to pay it you'd probably be OK but best to ask them directly, go to help, ask wattbot, type message the team and ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Thompson View Post