• Pure Planet app and web update - start of exciting new refer a friend rewards!

Hey everyone,

We’ve got a new version of your Pure Planet app and web account, introducing the start of some exciting changes to how our ‘refer a friend’ rewards work.

It’s version 7.30.0 for iPhone, iPad and Android. Head to the App Store or Google Play to download the new app update!

The update is the first step in changing our referral scheme, which will give you more visibility over tracking where your vouchers are and (coming soon!) will allow you to choose other rewards as well as Amazon vouchers! Thanks for all the great feedback on how you’d like to be rewarded.

For now we’re sticking with Amazon vouchers, while we finish getting everything prepped and in place ready to introduce other options.

Once you’ve updated the app tapping ‘refer a friend’ in your account will look something like this:

Name:  new rewards.PNG
Views: 630
Size:  510.9 KB

You’ll also notice you’ve been given a shiny new unique referral link to share with friends. This is part of the change that allows us to expand our rewards beyond Amazon in the future.

Don’t worry - if you’ve shared your old code with a friend and they’ve started their switch within the last 60 days, that referral is still valid and you’ll both still receive your Amazon vouchers as usual

If you have any questions about how to refer a friend to Pure Planet you can check out our FAQ and you can of course ask any questions to the Community by tapping ‘reply’ below or by posting in our ‘How to Refer Friends’ section.

Remember that it can take a few hours for the latest version of the app to appear in the App Store or Google Play for everyone.
  • Hey everyone,

We’ve got a new version of your Pure Planet app and web account, introducing the start of some exciting changes to how our ‘refer a friend’ rewards work.

It’s version 7.30.0 for iPhone, iPad and Android. Head to the App Store or Google Play to download the new app update!

The update is the first step in changing our referral scheme, which will give you more visibility over tracking where your vouchers are and (coming soon!) will allow you to choose other rewards as well as Amazon vouchers! Thanks for all the great feedback on how you’d like to be rewarded.

For now we’re sticking with Amazon vouchers, while we finish getting everything prepped and in place ready to introduce other options.

Once you’ve updated the app tapping ‘refer a friend’ in your account will look something like this:

Name:  new rewards.PNG
Views: 630
Size:  510.9 KB

You’ll also notice you’ve been given a shiny new unique referral link to share with friends. This is part of the change that allows us to expand our rewards beyond Amazon in the future.

Don’t worry - if you’ve shared your old code with a friend and they’ve started their switch within the last 60 days, that referral is still valid and you’ll both still receive your Amazon vouchers as usual

If you have any questions about how to refer a friend to Pure Planet you can check out our FAQ and you can of course ask any questions to the Community by tapping ‘reply’ below or by posting in our ‘How to Refer Friends’ section.

Remember that it can take a few hours for the latest version of the app to appear in the App Store or Google Play for everyone.
  • Update:

There's currently a bug with viewing and sharing your link via the app - the Tech Team are working on a fix for this, and we'll let you know here when sorted

Update 2 o'clock:

This is now fixed
    Last edited by Nataly; 19-08-19 at 14:01.
  • Update:

There's currently a bug with viewing and sharing your link via the app - the Tech Team are working on a fix for this, and we'll let you know here when sorted

Update 2 o'clock:

This is now fixed
  • hi Marc or Nataly
    Great improvement and much clearer than the old system but..a couple of questions.
    please can you clarify the following:

Marc said

What happens if you gave you code to someone but they haven't yet switched yet using that code, but they use it now, and at what point do the old codes no longer track? Did you mean the next 60 days or have I misunderstood?

Also I'm wondering if the "Referred" tab is misnamed and whether Acknowledged might be a better description as it doesn't show who you've referred it shows who has acknowledged your referral.
  • hi Marc or Nataly
    Great improvement and much clearer than the old system but..a couple of questions.

Marc said

What happens if you gave you code to someone but they haven't yet switched yet using that code, but they use it now, and at what point do the old codes no longer track? Did you mean the next 60 days or have I misunderstood?

Also I'm wondering if the "Referred" tab is misnamed and whether Acknowledged might be a better description as it doesn't show who you've referred it shows who has acknowledged your referral.
  • Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    hi Marc or Nataly

Marc said

Hey Woz,

It means, you're stuffed.

Not everyone, just you. 🤦*♂️😁😂👍😊🤣❤😍🤷*♂️ *♀️🤦*♀️🙌💕😘👌😒. (I'll work out how to do emoji's soon)
  • Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    hi Marc or Nataly

Marc said

Hey Woz,

Not everyone, just you. 🤦*♂️😁😂👍😊🤣❤😍🤷*♂️ *♀️🤦*♀️🙌💕😘👌😒. (I'll work out how to do emoji's soon)
  • You have no idea how close to the truth you are...but thanks for the update.
    Quote Originally Posted by X Driver View Post
    Hey Woz,

Not everyone, just you. ������*♂️�������� ���������������� �����❤���������� �*♂️������*♀️���� �*♀️������������� ���������������� . (I'll work out how to do emoji's soon)
  • You have no idea how close to the truth you are...but thanks for the update.
    Quote Originally Posted by X Driver View Post
    Hey Woz,

Not everyone, just you. ������*♂️�������� ���������������� �����❤���������� �*♂️������*♀️���� �*♀️������������� ���������������� . (I'll work out how to do emoji's soon)
  • On a serious note, does that mean the referral codes differ with each promotion or is it the date of clicking the link, date of application, date of acceptance, etc?

I suppose it would be more of a case of make your enquiry before the end of the promotional period to book the special offer and then complete within so many days (e.g.60) which would include more than enough time for switching lead times, thinking times, cooling off period, etc.

But what about those that miss out by completing the day before the promotion starts? It's a minefield.

X Driver
  • On a serious note, does that mean the referral codes differ with each promotion or is it the date of clicking the link, date of application, date of acceptance, etc?

I suppose it would be more of a case of make your enquiry before the end of the promotional period to book the special offer and then complete within so many days (e.g.60) which would include more than enough time for switching lead times, thinking times, cooling off period, etc.

But what about those that miss out by completing the day before the promotion starts? It's a minefield.

X Driver
  • Nice to see some rewards but surely giving £100 seems pyramidal and surely is better used in general to reduce your loyal users rates. Hope you are not pursuing growth at any cost
  • Nice to see some rewards but surely giving £100 seems pyramidal and surely is better used in general to reduce your loyal users rates. Hope you are not pursuing growth at any cost
  • Hi Mark
    Have a look at THIS
    ​I'm sad to say it was largely ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Markgoodwin901 View Post
    Nice to see some rewards but surely giving £100 seems pyramidal and surely is better used in general to reduce your loyal users rates. Hope you are not pursuing growth at any cost
  • Hi Mark
    Have a look at THIS
    ​I'm sad to say it was largely ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Markgoodwin901 View Post
    Nice to see some rewards but surely giving £100 seems pyramidal and surely is better used in general to reduce your loyal users rates. Hope you are not pursuing growth at any cost
  • Hi NAT.
    My App is apparently version number 7.30.2, which I assume is the latest one as the Play store is not offering an upgrade.

My bill is theoretically due in 3-4 days, but I've not been asked, either by the App or an email, for a meter reading - is this deliberate?

Thanks
    Mark
  • Hi NAT.
    My App is apparently version number 7.30.2, which I assume is the latest one as the Play store is not offering an upgrade.

My bill is theoretically due in 3-4 days, but I've not been asked, either by the App or an email, for a meter reading - is this deliberate?

Thanks
    Mark
  • Quote Originally Posted by Markgoodwin901 View Post
    This is a fair point. It would be interesting to know what is driving this marketing initiative. I know it's not unheard of for it to take a year to recoup the marketing outlay to gain a new member, but it does seem a risky strategy when so many switch solely on price

Stephen
  • Quote Originally Posted by Markgoodwin901 View Post
    This is a fair point. It would be interesting to know what is driving this marketing initiative. I know it's not unheard of for it to take a year to recoup the marketing outlay to gain a new member, but it does seem a risky strategy when so many switch solely on price

Stephen
  • Quote Originally Posted by stephenrand View Post

Stephen
    And just a thought - is it right/fair that one-fuel switchers get the same as dual-fuel switchers when only contributing half the amount? Only asking...

Stephen
    And just a thought - is it right/fair that one-fuel switchers get the same as dual-fuel switchers when only contributing half the amount? Only asking...
  • Hi. I’ve got the 7.30.02 update, and now find that the screen doesn’t allow me to see my gas useage or transactions history - it looks like there should be a lot more screen over to the right but I can’t find any way of making it display for me....
    using an iPad.
    Any suggestions?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  • Hi. I’ve got the 7.30.02 update, and now find that the screen doesn’t allow me to see my gas useage or transactions history - it looks like there should be a lot more screen over to the right but I can’t find any way of making it display for me....
    using an iPad.
    Any suggestions?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Hey Stephen,

That, as they say, is a damn good point..... I wonder if PP had realised that. 🤔
    Last edited by Gray4276; 23-08-19 at 19:52. Reason: Chuffing well mis-spelt it again!!!
    Gray4276
    Hey Stephen,

That, as they say, is a damn good point..... I wonder if PP had realised that. 🤔
    Gray4276
  • hi Ladybird
    ​I think you may have to wait until the next app update for a fix, if you have access to a computer you can log in online is all I can suggest for the mo.
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyBird View Post
    Hi. I’ve got the 7.30.02 update, and now find that the screen doesn’t allow me to see my gas useage or transactions history - it looks like there should be a lot more screen over to the right but I can’t find any way of making it display for me....
    using an iPad.
    Any suggestions?
  • hi Ladybird
    ​I think you may have to wait until the next app update for a fix, if you have access to a computer you can log in online is all I can suggest for the mo.
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyBird View Post
    Hi. I’ve got the 7.30.02 update, and now find that the screen doesn’t allow me to see my gas useage or transactions history - it looks like there should be a lot more screen over to the right but I can’t find any way of making it display for me....
    using an iPad.
    Any suggestions?
  • Thanks Woz, at least I know it’s not just me having a brain-fog!
    🤪
  • Thanks Woz, at least I know it’s not just me having a brain-fog!
    🤪
  • I'm glad others have posted their concerns, this is a difficult subject to raise without potentially upsetting others.

I tried...and so far it looks like I've failed. (read into that what you will)

I've already posted a poll.

I've previously posted about potential abuse even when the referral was £50 per switch (2 people). Now it's £100.

Abuse (and that depends on how it's defined...i.e both honest and dishonest abuse) of the incentive system is a concern and whole 'other post in itself. I'm not going to expand on that here. (I have mentioned it previously)

Sobering to think that ​£100 = (annual membership fee for one fuel+£4)

Sobering that someone recently suggested they should be given favourable treatment by PP because they had referred a number of people. (no criticism implied by the way) That certainly puts a spin on this I hadn't thought of.

I think PP do listen to their customers, oh the irony of that statement here (their customers aren't going to refuse £50 each)...but....this needs a lot more discussion.

My personal opinion is that it's going to be counter productive in the end unless some strict terms are put in place. (and don't forget that you can't easily exclude a property that's already had the incentive - I'll give you an example why.
    Person in house is referred, switches, sells house, person who buys house gets referral intending to switch in , but house is already on PP, do they get the money? If refused they may switch out, and back in, if refused on 2nd switch they just get pi**ed with PP.
    There are really big issues here.

Name:  freemoney.gif
Views: 391
Size:  466.7 KB
    Disclaimer:

I've had only one switch incentive so far, and I may be due another shortly. In both cases the incentive was secondary to the person's switch (but still nice to have).
    and ... I've always been told there is no such thing as free money.

Quote Originally Posted by stephenrand View Post

Stephen
    Last edited by woz; 25-08-19 at 01:15. Reason: I tried to buy Greenland
  • I'm glad others have posted their concerns, this is a difficult subject to raise without potentially upsetting others.

I tried...and so far it looks like I've failed. (read into that what you will)

I've already posted a poll.

I've previously posted about potential abuse even when the referral was £50 per switch (2 people). Now it's £100.

Abuse (and that depends on how it's defined...i.e both honest and dishonest abuse) of the incentive system is a concern and whole 'other post in itself. I'm not going to expand on that here. (I have mentioned it previously)

Sobering to think that ​£100 = (annual membership fee for one fuel+£4)

Sobering that someone recently suggested they should be given favourable treatment by PP because they had referred a number of people. (no criticism implied by the way) That certainly puts a spin on this I hadn't thought of.

I think PP do listen to their customers, oh the irony of that statement here (their customers aren't going to refuse £50 each)...but....this needs a lot more discussion.

My personal opinion is that it's going to be counter productive in the end unless some strict terms are put in place. (and don't forget that you can't easily exclude a property that's already had the incentive - I'll give you an example why.
    Person in house is referred, switches, sells house, person who buys house gets referral intending to switch in , but house is already on PP, do they get the money? If refused they may switch out, and back in, if refused on 2nd switch they just get pi**ed with PP.
    There are really big issues here.

Name:  freemoney.gif
Views: 391
Size:  466.7 KB
    Disclaimer:

I've had only one switch incentive so far, and I may be due another shortly. In both cases the incentive was secondary to the person's switch (but still nice to have).
    and ... I've always been told there is no such thing as free money.

Quote Originally Posted by stephenrand View Post

Stephen