• Reading my gas meter

I am having difficulty reading my gas meter and would like help to check Im doing it right. My current reading is lower than my last and dont know if I have dome it right - either this time or last time.... I pressed 9 pn the keypad? Help!!
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • I am having difficulty reading my gas meter and would like help to check Im doing it right. My current reading is lower than my last and dont know if I have dome it right - either this time or last time.... I pressed 9 pn the keypad? Help!!
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

hi Graeme
    Strange, displaying upside down, quick test...follows, exif tag reset
    There's a bug here where on the forum the exif tag info is not used to autorotate. On a phone or tablet both photos in this post will be the same way up, on a PC one is upside down!
    Name:  meter reading-reset-r.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  106.4 KB
    anyway, putting that to one side what was the reading before that? It wasn't by any chance the date or time?
    I wouldn't worry, your statement should correct itself with the new reading and if PP want any info refer them to the photo on your community post.
    Just keep an eye on the meter and check it's doing what it should be but I think you misread.
    Last edited by woz; 19-08-19 at 20:53.
  • hi Graeme
    Strange, displaying upside down, quick test...follows, exif tag reset
    There's a bug here where on the forum the exif tag info is not used to autorotate. On a phone or tablet both photos in this post will be the same way up, on a PC one is upside down!
    Name:  meter reading-reset-r.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  106.4 KB
    anyway, putting that to one side what was the reading before that? It wasn't by any chance the date or time?
    I wouldn't worry, your statement should correct itself with the new reading and if PP want any info refer them to the photo on your community post.
    Just keep an eye on the meter and check it's doing what it should be but I think you misread.

• hi Graeme
    If your current reading is lower than the previous one of them is wrong (unless it's going backwards or it's gone round the clock!)
    The display should say cu.m with some digits, it's possible that you misread, it's easy to do also it has been known for some of the digits to fail on the display, (I think one of the button presses is likely to be a display check which shows if display is OK but never mind that at the moment)
    ​Is there any chance you could get a photo with the display showing the reading and post it on here?
    Not sure if you're on the app or a PC
    Can you see the below at the top of where you're posting, if you click where arrow points you'll get a dialogue shown below to navigate to the photo or ifon phone/tablet a different dialogue pointing you to select the photo.
    Name:  sendphoto.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  25.3 KB
    Name:  choosephoto.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  12.9 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    I am having difficulty reading my gas meter and would like help to check Im doing it right. My current reading is lower than my last and dont know if I have dome it right - either this time or last time.... I pressed 9 pn the keypad? Help!!
  • hi Graeme
    If your current reading is lower than the previous one of them is wrong (unless it's going backwards or it's gone round the clock!)
    The display should say cu.m with some digits, it's possible that you misread, it's easy to do also it has been known for some of the digits to fail on the display, (I think one of the button presses is likely to be a display check which shows if display is OK but never mind that at the moment)
    ​Is there any chance you could get a photo with the display showing the reading and post it on here?
    Not sure if you're on the app or a PC
    Can you see the below at the top of where you're posting, if you click where arrow points you'll get a dialogue shown below to navigate to the photo or ifon phone/tablet a different dialogue pointing you to select the photo.
    Name:  sendphoto.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  25.3 KB
    Name:  choosephoto.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  12.9 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post

• Thanks Woz...yes thats whats concerning me. I seem to have submitted a larger reading last time, but when I press 9 this time, I get the attached reading. I suspect I pressed another button last time, but the meter is fairly new and came with no instructions

- - - Updated - - -

Upwide eown but at least it worked!

- - - Updated - - -

Or even upside down....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  • Thanks Woz...yes thats whats concerning me. I seem to have submitted a larger reading last time, but when I press 9 this time, I get the attached reading. I suspect I pressed another button last time, but the meter is fairly new and came with no instructions

- - - Updated - - -

Upwide eown but at least it worked!

- - - Updated - - -

Or even upside down....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

• Thanks Woz
  • Thanks Woz