• Ihd displaying inaccurate continuous gas usage

Recently noticed that my ihd is showing gas usage when actually noting is being used.

Am I getting billed and charged for this inaccuracies?

Has any one else experienced this?

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Recently noticed that my ihd is showing gas usage when actually noting is being used.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

hi max001
    it's extremely unlikely that the ihd is showing usage that isn’t being metered.
    What you need to do is read the actual meter and read it again. 24 hrs later when you know you haven’t used any gas.That includes water heaters or cooking and your gas boiler- which if it’s a combi means it uses gas when you run the hot water. Duppy s reply is probably correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max001 View Post
    Recently noticed that my ihd is showing gas usage when actually noting is being used.

Thanks
    Last edited by woz; 18-08-19 at 21:06.
  • hi max001
    it's extremely unlikely that the ihd is showing usage that isn’t being metered.
    What you need to do is read the actual meter and read it again. 24 hrs later when you know you haven’t used any gas.That includes water heaters or cooking and your gas boiler- which if it’s a combi means it uses gas when you run the hot water. Duppy s reply is probably correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max001 View Post

Thanks

• Hi Max001,
    ​Had you been using gas just before you checked the IHD, the electric usage shows almost immediately, but the gas only updates every half hour
  • Hi Max001,
    ​Had you been using gas just before you checked the IHD, the electric usage shows almost immediately, but the gas only updates every half hour