• No recorded energy usage since Smart Meter install

Hi,

I had a smart meter installed at the end of May.

Since then, I'm not seeing any energy usage in the PurePlanet App.

I've still been submitting meter readings - these are showing in reading history for electricity. However, although submitted, nothing is shown for gas readings since the closing reading taken from my previous meter.

In the balance and payments screen, my account is starting to show a fairly significant credit balance, due the the fact that my monthly payments are being recorded, but no energy costs have taken out since May.

Has anyone else seen anything similar? I appreciate the smart meters are still being trialed - is this just a teething issue from the smart meter rollout, or a more general account problem that needs to be addressed?

Thanks in advance,
    Jon
    Tap below to see the best answer
    Last edited by jonw; 18-08-19 at 10:37.
  • Hi,

I've still been submitting meter readings - these are showing in reading history for electricity. However, although submitted, nothing is shown for gas readings since the closing reading taken from my previous meter.

In the balance and payments screen, my account is starting to show a fairly significant credit balance, due the the fact that my monthly payments are being recorded, but no energy costs have taken out since May.

Has anyone else seen anything similar? I appreciate the smart meters are still being trialed - is this just a teething issue from the smart meter rollout, or a more general account problem that needs to be addressed?

Thanks in advance,
    Jon
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Quote Originally Posted by jonw View Post
    Hi,

Thanks in advance,
    Jon

hi Jon, I am in exactly the same situation as you, my smart meters were fitted end of May, electric readings show in app but no gas, not even the close reading which I submitted. Also no statements since fitment. I got in touch with the team, apparently they are waiting for the meter details.
    ​If you haven't already, maybe you should contact the team just to make them aware. I am sure we aren't the only ones this has affected
    Last edited by Duppy; 18-08-19 at 18:24.
  • Quote Originally Posted by jonw View Post
    Hi,

Thanks in advance,
    Jon

hi Jon, I am in exactly the same situation as you, my smart meters were fitted end of May, electric readings show in app but no gas, not even the close reading which I submitted. Also no statements since fitment. I got in touch with the team, apparently they are waiting for the meter details.
    ​If you haven't already, maybe you should contact the team just to make them aware. I am sure we aren't the only ones this has affected

Hi,

Thanks in advance,
    Jon
    Hi @jonw I had the same issue. The App update last week appears to have sorted it for me and both readings are now showing. I took my own readings last week to check. I also received a Statement, they stopped arriving post my Smart meter install. For info I’m part of the Southern roll out of Smart Meters. In the first instance I’d check if you have the latest version of the app downloaded.
    Hi,

Thanks in advance,
    Jon
    Hi @jonw I had the same issue. The App update last week appears to have sorted it for me and both readings are now showing. I took my own readings last week to check. I also received a Statement, they stopped arriving post my Smart meter install. For info I’m part of the Southern roll out of Smart Meters. In the first instance I’d check if you have the latest version of the app downloaded.

• Thanks @ChrisH.

I've got the latest Android App available to me (v7.23.1). Have also checked the web app and that's showing the same, so I don't think it's an app issue in my case.

I'm also part of the Southern roll-out. Come to think of it, I don't think I've received a statement since the install either.
  • Thanks @ChrisH.

I've got the latest Android App available to me (v7.23.1). Have also checked the web app and that's showing the same, so I don't think it's an app issue in my case.

I'm also part of the Southern roll-out. Come to think of it, I don't think I've received a statement since the install either.

• @jonw, not sure then. I’ve had a couple of issues since my Smart Meter was installed which I expected volunteering for the trial. When I’ve gone on Wattbot and messaged the team they have promptly looked into the issues and resolved I suspect that may be your next step.
  • @jonw, not sure then. I’ve had a couple of issues since my Smart Meter was installed which I expected volunteering for the trial. When I’ve gone on Wattbot and messaged the team they have promptly looked into the issues and resolved I suspect that may be your next step.

• Thanks @Duppy

I've contacted the team - suspect it will be the same issue as in your case. Hopefully they'll be able to resolve it soon
  • Thanks @Duppy

I've contacted the team - suspect it will be the same issue as in your case. Hopefully they'll be able to resolve it soon