• Too many numbers!

My previous Gas meter reading was 19993 but when I enter my latest reading of 20008 I get a message saying ‘too many numbers please check and try again’! What should I do? Thanks
  • My previous Gas meter reading was 19993 but when I enter my latest reading of 20008 I get a message saying ‘too many numbers please check and try again’! What should I do? Thanks

• Hi S Hawkes
    Is your meter measuring in cu.ft or cu.m? Please can you have a look at the actual meter and your statements?
    The reason I'm asking is that if your meter is cu. ft (x100) then it's 4 digits.
    The actual PP account should be set up for one option or the other depending on what you have. If Your account is set up for cu.ft and you're submitting in cu.m that would explain it. It would also mean your account is completely screwed up.(not that I'm trying to alarm you)
    Has the meter been changed/updated fairly recently?
    There may be another explanation that I haven't thought of...anyone?
    Whatever the answer PP are going to need to check your account, so you'll need to go to help, ask wattbot,type "message the team" and ask there-replies within 24 hrs.
    Can you post back anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by S Hawkes View Post
    My previous Gas meter reading was 19993 but when I enter my latest reading of 20008 I get a message saying ‘too many numbers please check and try again’! What should I do? Thanks
  • Hi S Hawkes
    Is your meter measuring in cu.ft or cu.m? Please can you have a look at the actual meter and your statements?
    The reason I'm asking is that if your meter is cu. ft (x100) then it's 4 digits.
    The actual PP account should be set up for one option or the other depending on what you have. If Your account is set up for cu.ft and you're submitting in cu.m that would explain it. It would also mean your account is completely screwed up.(not that I'm trying to alarm you)
    Has the meter been changed/updated fairly recently?
    There may be another explanation that I haven't thought of...anyone?
    Whatever the answer PP are going to need to check your account, so you'll need to go to help, ask wattbot,type "message the team" and ask there-replies within 24 hrs.
    Can you post back anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by S Hawkes View Post