• don't have a smartphone

still a bit confused. Have just switched to Pure Planet on MSEs Cheap Energy Club. Nowhere does it say on their tariff details that you need a smartphone (and App). However there seems to be info out there in forums that you need a smartphone to access the account. However I seem to be able to access my new account via the browser on my laptop.

Could somebody from Pure Planet confirm either way as I do not have a smartphone and am currently not planning on getting one!

David Leedham
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • still a bit confused. Have just switched to Pure Planet on MSEs Cheap Energy Club. Nowhere does it say on their tariff details that you need a smartphone (and App). However there seems to be info out there in forums that you need a smartphone to access the account. However I seem to be able to access my new account via the browser on my laptop.

Could somebody from Pure Planet confirm either way as I do not have a smartphone and am currently not planning on getting one!

David Leedham
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hi DJHL.
    Welcome to the community.

Access to your Pure Planet account used to be via smart phone app only, they have now introduced a website version via which you can access your account. If you have accessed your account on your laptop, then all is well
  • Hi DJHL.
    Welcome to the community.

Access to your Pure Planet account used to be via smart phone app only, they have now introduced a website version via which you can access your account. If you have accessed your account on your laptop, then all is well

• Quote Originally Posted by DJHL View Post
    still a bit confused. Have just switched to Pure Planet on MSEs Cheap Energy Club. Nowhere does it say on their tariff details that you need a smartphone (and App). However there seems to be info out there in forums that you need a smartphone to access the account. However I seem to be able to access my new account via the browser on my laptop.

David Leedham
    Hi David,

Firstly to ask PP direct you need to use Wattbot as they don't have a call centre.

It is easier on the app which I use to send readings, but I use a browser for community stuff as I like using a proper keyboard.
    With the app I am straight into my account in a browser I get an email link to get me in, but everything the app does appears to work in my browser.

I think some forums are still quoting out dated information.

HTH and welcome to the PP community.

X Driver
  • Quote Originally Posted by DJHL View Post

David Leedham
    Hi David,

Firstly to ask PP direct you need to use Wattbot as they don't have a call centre.

It is easier on the app which I use to send readings, but I use a browser for community stuff as I like using a proper keyboard.
    With the app I am straight into my account in a browser I get an email link to get me in, but everything the app does appears to work in my browser.

I think some forums are still quoting out dated information.

HTH and welcome to the PP community.

X Driver

• thats great - reassured!
  • thats great - reassured!