• Smart meters

I’ve started the switch, and was wondering if we have to have Smart Meters as part of the switch?
    ​thanks
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • I’ve started the switch, and was wondering if we have to have Smart Meters as part of the switch?
    ​thanks
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hi Pete07
    As it's your first post Welcome to the community, no you don't have to have a smart meter if you don't want one, it's not compulsory
  • Hi Pete07
    As it's your first post Welcome to the community, no you don't have to have a smart meter if you don't want one, it's not compulsory

• Hi....Since having my Smart meter fitted by my old energy supplier my bills have risen 3 fold. Can I have an old style meter fitted by Pure Planet please?
  • Hi....Since having my Smart meter fitted by my old energy supplier my bills have risen 3 fold. Can I have an old style meter fitted by Pure Planet please?

• Ok great, thanks very much for your reply
  • Ok great, thanks very much for your reply

• hi Rouledge
    Your bills haven't increased threefold because you've had a smart meter fitted, you either weren't paying enough in the first place or your meter is faulty, or see below. You need to do some detective work with old bills here and look at your consumption.
    Also I'm wondering if you're being charged for cu.ft as though it was cu. metres. That might explain it
    Even if you could request an old style meter which you can't, it wouldn't cure whatever's going on here unless your meter is faulty, possible but quite unlikely.
    Dig out some old bills and the community or PP will help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rouledge View Post
    Hi....Since having my Smart meter fitted by my old energy supplier my bills have risen 3 fold. Can I have an old style meter fitted by Pure Planet please?
  • hi Rouledge
    Your bills haven't increased threefold because you've had a smart meter fitted, you either weren't paying enough in the first place or your meter is faulty, or see below. You need to do some detective work with old bills here and look at your consumption.
    Also I'm wondering if you're being charged for cu.ft as though it was cu. metres. That might explain it
    Even if you could request an old style meter which you can't, it wouldn't cure whatever's going on here unless your meter is faulty, possible but quite unlikely.
    Dig out some old bills and the community or PP will help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rouledge View Post
    Hi....Since having my Smart meter fitted by my old energy supplier my bills have risen 3 fold. Can I have an old style meter fitted by Pure Planet please?