• I have left Pure Planet and paid my final bill yet they still chase me for cancelling my DD

I have left Pure Planet and paid my final bill yet they still chase me for cancelling my DD. Throughout my long drawn out poor customer service experience whilst switching at no point could I ever get a contact number. All of a sudden a miracle happened they phoned me even though I was told earlier no phone contact existed. I then get a message that says I need to get on the app to look at a message regarding this matter and none exists. All in all if I wanted to open an energy supply business this would operate in the exact opposite to Pure Planet they really are the worst company I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. I inherited this shower when moving into my new house so had no choice in having this horrendous episode happen to me.
    Last edited by Marc; 15-08-19 at 08:53. Reason: Removing profanity
  • I have left Pure Planet and paid my final bill yet they still chase me for cancelling my DD. Throughout my long drawn out poor customer service experience whilst switching at no point could I ever get a contact number. All of a sudden a miracle happened they phoned me even though I was told earlier no phone contact existed. I then get a message that says I need to get on the app to look at a message regarding this matter and none exists. All in all if I wanted to open an energy supply business this would operate in the exact opposite to Pure Planet they really are the worst company I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. I inherited this shower when moving into my new house so had no choice in having this horrendous episode happen to me.

• Hi Nigeskez

I can understand that if you move into a new house and the energy supplier works in a way you haven't come across before, especially not having a contact number, it can be frustrating - and you have certainly made that clear!

I'm not sure if you have posted here to solve a problem or to make a final complaint. If they are chasing you about your cancelled direct debit, it's just possible they owe you some money - who knows, but it's the usual reason.

By the way, many customers quite like sorting out problems without hanging on a phone for ages and then speaking to someone who doesn't know the answer.

And surely it's not surprising they can phone you? Even though it hasn't made you feel any better!

Hope you get on better with your new supplier!

Stephen
    Last edited by stephenrand; 14-08-19 at 21:17.
  • Hi Nigeskez

I can understand that if you move into a new house and the energy supplier works in a way you haven't come across before, especially not having a contact number, it can be frustrating - and you have certainly made that clear!

I'm not sure if you have posted here to solve a problem or to make a final complaint. If they are chasing you about your cancelled direct debit, it's just possible they owe you some money - who knows, but it's the usual reason.

By the way, many customers quite like sorting out problems without hanging on a phone for ages and then speaking to someone who doesn't know the answer.

And surely it's not surprising they can phone you? Even though it hasn't made you feel any better!

Hope you get on better with your new supplier!

Stephen

• Hmmm...that seems to imply that the "final" bill wasn't quite as final as you thought or as it should have been.
    Cancelling the DD has the same effect with ANY company, they can't take or refund.

PP are working on making the journey (sorry for that word) of customers who inherit PP much easier. I suspect the journey time would be very similar whoever the company.
    I posted about this quite a while back and they have or had taken it on board. Clearly it's not as good as it should be yet.
    (Case in point a recent post of a letting agent who wants to sort out a bill when the property was unoccupied. Can't use wattbot because he hasn't joined yet, but that's a whole new discussion)
    PP should in my opinion come back here and explain what happened, it would be to the benefit of all to know,(including Nige), and could lead to a discussion of how things might be improved
    I've seen at least one post now and another by implication where people have been under the impression that the final bill was final only to find out afterwards that a subsequent adjustment was made afterwards. If that's the case this needs sorting.
    Does Final mean Final?
    ​As ever I only have half the facts...

Quote Originally Posted by nigeskez View Post
    I have left Pure Planet and paid my final bill yet they still chase me for cancelling my DD. Throughout my long drawn out poor customer service experience whilst switching at no point could I ever get a contact number. All of a sudden a miracle happened they phoned me even though I was told earlier no phone contact existed. I then get a message that says I need to get on the app to look at a message regarding this matter and none exists. All in all if I wanted to open an energy supply business this would operate in the exact opposite to Pure Planet they really are the worst company I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. I inherited this shower when moving into my new house so had no choice in having this horrendous episode happen to me.
    Last edited by woz; 14-08-19 at 21:23.
  • Hmmm...that seems to imply that the "final" bill wasn't quite as final as you thought or as it should have been.
    Cancelling the DD has the same effect with ANY company, they can't take or refund.

PP are working on making the journey (sorry for that word) of customers who inherit PP much easier. I suspect the journey time would be very similar whoever the company.
    I posted about this quite a while back and they have or had taken it on board. Clearly it's not as good as it should be yet.
    (Case in point a recent post of a letting agent who wants to sort out a bill when the property was unoccupied. Can't use wattbot because he hasn't joined yet, but that's a whole new discussion)
    PP should in my opinion come back here and explain what happened, it would be to the benefit of all to know,(including Nige), and could lead to a discussion of how things might be improved
    I've seen at least one post now and another by implication where people have been under the impression that the final bill was final only to find out afterwards that a subsequent adjustment was made afterwards. If that's the case this needs sorting.
    Does Final mean Final?
    ​As ever I only have half the facts...

Quote Originally Posted by nigeskez View Post

• I left a long time ago and have had a refund following them using the incorrect closing reading (photo's supplied) which was resolved by both parties. I have worked in utilities for over 20 years at senior management level and have never experienced anything like this company. I would never recommend this company to anyone regardless of tariff rates as the stress is much more valuable than a few quid off your bill.

- - - Updated - - -

I am very surprised they can phone me yes as I requested this to resolve my earlier issues only to be told that phone lines do not exist and everything has to be done by the app. I did ask if I stopped paying my bill would collections/warrant company ring me to which I did not get a reply. I have had two phone calls since from the 01225 number the first time it cut off the second time all I could hear was laughter, they do not owe me money and I do not owe them money this was resolved when I got a refund following a final bill was settled.
  • I left a long time ago and have had a refund following them using the incorrect closing reading (photo's supplied) which was resolved by both parties. I have worked in utilities for over 20 years at senior management level and have never experienced anything like this company. I would never recommend this company to anyone regardless of tariff rates as the stress is much more valuable than a few quid off your bill.

- - - Updated - - -

I am very surprised they can phone me yes as I requested this to resolve my earlier issues only to be told that phone lines do not exist and everything has to be done by the app. I did ask if I stopped paying my bill would collections/warrant company ring me to which I did not get a reply. I have had two phone calls since from the 01225 number the first time it cut off the second time all I could hear was laughter, they do not owe me money and I do not owe them money this was resolved when I got a refund following a final bill was settled.

• Quote Originally Posted by nigeskez View Post
    I left a long time ago and have had a refund following them using the incorrect closing reading (photo's supplied) which was resolved by both parties. I have worked in utilities for over 20 years at senior management level and have never experienced anything like this company. I would never recommend this company to anyone regardless of tariff rates as the stress is much more valuable than a few quid off your bill.
    Not only would you not recommend Pure Planet, you've posted to put people off/alert potential customers to their shortcomings. I guess that's the risk they have taken in having an open community forum.

I only answered to indicate that Pure Planet does have many satisfied customers.
  • Quote Originally Posted by nigeskez View Post
    I left a long time ago and have had a refund following them using the incorrect closing reading (photo's supplied) which was resolved by both parties. I have worked in utilities for over 20 years at senior management level and have never experienced anything like this company. I would never recommend this company to anyone regardless of tariff rates as the stress is much more valuable than a few quid off your bill.
    Not only would you not recommend Pure Planet, you've posted to put people off/alert potential customers to their shortcomings. I guess that's the risk they have taken in having an open community forum.

I only answered to indicate that Pure Planet does have many satisfied customers.

• I applaud having an open forum, I think given the volume of posts on here and the fact that many people post on here when they get frustrated because they aren't sure what to do next, the number of heavily critical posts is quite low, and anyway I'm critical when I think something needs to improve. In this case it hasn't gone well for nige, so hopefully we can all find out what could have been done differently or better (if anything).
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenrand View Post

• I applaud having an open forum, I think given the volume of posts on here and the fact that many people post on here when they get frustrated because they aren't sure what to do next, the number of heavily critical posts is quite low, and anyway I'm critical when I think something needs to improve. In this case it hasn't gone well for nige, so hopefully we can all find out what could have been done differently or better (if anything).
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenrand View Post