• Cauliflower shortage due to extreme weather

Who's caught the recent reports of a cauliflower shortage due to extreme weather?

Heavy rain destroyed crops in the UK while the heatwave last month affected cauliflower being grown in Europe

Looks like cauliflower is off the menu (for now)!

Apparently the next to go will be cabbage, broccoli and sprouts, though maybe people won't miss those so much

What will we have with our roasts instead?!

But really, is this a sign of climate change's potential impact?

Name:  cauliflower-1465732_1920.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  644.0 KB
  • Who's caught the recent reports of a cauliflower shortage due to extreme weather?

Heavy rain destroyed crops in the UK while the heatwave last month affected cauliflower being grown in Europe

Looks like cauliflower is off the menu (for now)!

Apparently the next to go will be cabbage, broccoli and sprouts, though maybe people won't miss those so much

What will we have with our roasts instead?!

But really, is this a sign of climate change's potential impact?

Name:  cauliflower-1465732_1920.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  644.0 KB
  • Well there I was content in the knowledge that I would be able to have my weekly cauli (never gave it a thought to be honest), now I'm going out panic buying!
  • Well there I was content in the knowledge that I would be able to have my weekly cauli (never gave it a thought to be honest), now I'm going out panic buying!
  • I really do adore veg, I really crave it if don’t have it daily, no lie! Love it sooooo much! Cauli is actually one of my faves!
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • I really do adore veg, I really crave it if don’t have it daily, no lie! Love it sooooo much! Cauli is actually one of my faves!

WALT WHITMAN
  • Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    I really do adore veg, I really crave it if don’t have it daily, no lie! Love it sooooo much! Cauli is actually one of my faves!

I took a cabbage for a walk once, I thought it was a cauli.
  • Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    I really do adore veg, I really crave it if don’t have it daily, no lie! Love it sooooo much! Cauli is actually one of my faves!

I took a cabbage for a walk once, I thought it was a cauli.
  • 😂😂😂😂😂👍👍👍👍👍, that appealed to my stupid sense of humour! I seriously LOL 😂😂😂😂

WALT WHITMAN
  • 😂😂😂😂😂👍👍👍👍👍, that appealed to my stupid sense of humour! I seriously LOL 😂😂😂😂

WALT WHITMAN
  • Alternate veg for roasts? Bung courgettes, peppers, red onions, garlic cloves etc in a roasting pan, drizzle with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and crack over some salt and roast away. Gorgeous!!
  • Alternate veg for roasts? Bung courgettes, peppers, red onions, garlic cloves etc in a roasting pan, drizzle with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and crack over some salt and roast away. Gorgeous!!
  • Quote Originally Posted by Jenam93 View Post
    Alternate veg for roasts? Bung courgettes, peppers, red onions, garlic cloves etc in a roasting pan, drizzle with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and crack over some salt and roast away. Gorgeous!!
    That sounds perfect for a nice autumn evening!

Oh wait, it's still August? Wouldn't have known from the weather
  • Quote Originally Posted by Jenam93 View Post
    Alternate veg for roasts? Bung courgettes, peppers, red onions, garlic cloves etc in a roasting pan, drizzle with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and crack over some salt and roast away. Gorgeous!!
    That sounds perfect for a nice autumn evening!

Oh wait, it's still August? Wouldn't have known from the weather