• Moving meters

Hi, following an earlier suggestion I’ve asked Wattbot but the link there’re sending me to contact the distributor to move my meter doesn’t open.
    Anyone know what I need to do further or if I can speak to someone?

Thanks
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Hi, following an earlier suggestion I’ve asked Wattbot but the link there’re sending me to contact the distributor to move my meter doesn’t open.
    Anyone know what I need to do further or if I can speak to someone?

Thanks
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hello and welcome.
    If you wish to move the meters then your local DNO has to do the work. You can contact them using the number supplied on your monthly statement. Once you get a work date from them then you will need to arrange for PP meter people to be therw at the same time and possibly your own sparky.
  • Hello and welcome.
    If you wish to move the meters then your local DNO has to do the work. You can contact them using the number supplied on your monthly statement. Once you get a work date from them then you will need to arrange for PP meter people to be therw at the same time and possibly your own sparky.

• I suppose the obvious question is why you need your meter moving? Building work or so that your IHD can pick up the signal?

Anything up to your main fuse is UK Power Networks (google should point you to their website) so they will need to do any work to resite you main cable and main fuse, you would need a meter fitter (approved by your supplier as the meter is their property) to move your meter to its new location and your own personal electrician to move any fuse board or internal wiring.

I think Wattbot has not been the same since his operation.

HTH

X Driver
  • I suppose the obvious question is why you need your meter moving? Building work or so that your IHD can pick up the signal?

Anything up to your main fuse is UK Power Networks (google should point you to their website) so they will need to do any work to resite you main cable and main fuse, you would need a meter fitter (approved by your supplier as the meter is their property) to move your meter to its new location and your own personal electrician to move any fuse board or internal wiring.

I think Wattbot has not been the same since his operation.

HTH

X Driver