• Power cut last friday

Has anyone had their fridge freezer break down after last fridays power cut. Need to k ow urgently
  • Has anyone had their fridge freezer break down after last fridays power cut. Need to k ow urgently

• Cant say i have heard of a mass breakdowm of appliances, proberly just one of those things. But i suppose a compo claim against national grid could be made, if thats even possible.
  • Cant say i have heard of a mass breakdowm of appliances, proberly just one of those things. But i suppose a compo claim against national grid could be made, if thats even possible.

• Given that many appliances now have "delicate" electronic control boards, (probably that's what's failed?) and that the restoration of power inevitably will be quite dirty (s*****/surgey call it what-you-will) there will inevitably be some casualties. I posted previously that people should disconnect their delicate electronics, mostly TV's etc, (they should be on surge protected sockets anyway) but most, me included, wouldn't dream of un-plugging the 'fridge.
    I'm afraid that proving it wouldn't have happened if you switched it off yourself is going to be nigh on impossible. What you need is something like a facebook group so you can get people hopefully from a similar area together. I'm not smug that it didn't hit me.
    You could ask the DNO if they have any data on other problems or whether the voltage was monitored.
    You can claim a fixed amount if it's off for a certain time look HERE (I'm sure you know already)
    Does your house insurance cover you for freezer contents?
    Good luck.
  • Given that many appliances now have "delicate" electronic control boards, (probably that's what's failed?) and that the restoration of power inevitably will be quite dirty (s*****/surgey call it what-you-will) there will inevitably be some casualties. I posted previously that people should disconnect their delicate electronics, mostly TV's etc, (they should be on surge protected sockets anyway) but most, me included, wouldn't dream of un-plugging the 'fridge.
    I'm afraid that proving it wouldn't have happened if you switched it off yourself is going to be nigh on impossible. What you need is something like a facebook group so you can get people hopefully from a similar area together. I'm not smug that it didn't hit me.
    You could ask the DNO if they have any data on other problems or whether the voltage was monitored.
    You can claim a fixed amount if it's off for a certain time look HERE (I'm sure you know already)
    Good luck.

• I'm outraged! Censored! spike y was obliterated - oh well it isn't a word anyway, but then neither is surgey. (disambiguation, with spikes and with surges)
    testing: link -unbelievable the link was moderated too.

Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    Given that many appliances now have "delicate" electronic control boards, (probably that's what's failed?) and that the restoration of power inevitably will be quite dirty (s*****/surgey call it what-you-will) there will inevitably be some casualties. I posted previously that people should disconnect their delicate electronics, mostly TV's etc, (they should be on surge protected sockets anyway) but most, me included, wouldn't dream of un-plugging the 'fridge.
    Good luck.
    Last edited by woz; 14-08-19 at 13:36.
  • I'm outraged! Censored! spike y was obliterated - oh well it isn't a word anyway, but then neither is surgey. (disambiguation, with spikes and with surges)
    testing: link -unbelievable the link was moderated too.

Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    Given that many appliances now have "delicate" electronic control boards, (probably that's what's failed?) and that the restoration of power inevitably will be quite dirty (s*****/surgey call it what-you-will) there will inevitably be some casualties. I posted previously that people should disconnect their delicate electronics, mostly TV's etc, (they should be on surge protected sockets anyway) but most, me included, wouldn't dream of un-plugging the 'fridge.
    Good luck.

• Remember it was for me too in the off thread I think last week, but can’t for the life of me remember why I was saying spike, but totally asterisked! Yet our Jonny come Mavis used the P word and it allowed it 🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀😂😂😂😂😂😂 🤭🤭🙃🙃🙃
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • Remember it was for me too in the off thread I think last week, but can’t for the life of me remember why I was saying spike, but totally asterisked! Yet our Jonny come Mavis used the P word and it allowed it 🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀😂😂😂😂😂😂 🤭🤭🙃🙃🙃
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN

• partially my fault, spik*y is actually spelt spiky, although you can use both, so I'll take the hit this time..
    I do feel some sympathy for those who live between Raventhorpe and Flixborough though...

Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    Remember it was for me too in the off thread I think last week, but can’t for the life of me remember why I was saying spike, but totally asterisked! Yet our Jonny come Mavis used the P word and it allowed it ���������������� ���������������� ���������������� ���������������� ���������������� ���������������� ��������
    Last edited by woz; 15-08-19 at 15:07.
  • partially my fault, spik*y is actually spelt spiky, although you can use both, so I'll take the hit this time..
    I do feel some sympathy for those who live between Raventhorpe and Flixborough though...

Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    Remember it was for me too in the off thread I think last week, but can’t for the life of me remember why I was saying spike, but totally asterisked! Yet our Jonny come Mavis used the P word and it allowed it ���������������� ���������������� ���������������� ���������������� ���������������� ���������������� ��������