• How do I get to a human?

I applied for gas and electricity through a comparison site and I'm confused because when trying to complete my switch the price shown is different from what I expected. I have downloaded the app and typed to Wattbot "I am confused about my quote" but nothing happens. I have typed "message the team" as seen on another post on here but again nothing happens. How on earth to I get through to a person as Wattbot is completely ignoring me? I'm not sure it's worth sticking with Pure Planet if I can't get the one means of getting assistance to work, how is it going to work in future if I have an emergency?
  • I applied for gas and electricity through a comparison site and I'm confused because when trying to complete my switch the price shown is different from what I expected. I have downloaded the app and typed to Wattbot "I am confused about my quote" but nothing happens. I have typed "message the team" as seen on another post on here but again nothing happens. How on earth to I get through to a person as Wattbot is completely ignoring me? I'm not sure it's worth sticking with Pure Planet if I can't get the one means of getting assistance to work, how is it going to work in future if I have an emergency?

• hi cherryduck welcome to the community.
    if you typed message the team and your question you should get a reply.
    When you say the quote is different to what you had on the comparison site can you post more details here?

You need to look at the annual cost in both, that should be the same, the monthly payments are split 40% in warmer months 60% in colder months so your payment will be lower until october but the ANNUAL cost should tally.
    Post more details and someone will help, and wattbot isn't instant, replies usually within 24 hrs.
    There is an emergency section in the app/online by the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by cherryduck View Post
    I applied for gas and electricity through a comparison site and I'm confused because when trying to complete my switch the price shown is different from what I expected. I have downloaded the app and typed to Wattbot "I am confused about my quote" but nothing happens. I have typed "message the team" as seen on another post on here but again nothing happens. How on earth to I get through to a person as Wattbot is completely ignoring me? I'm not sure it's worth sticking with Pure Planet if I can't get the one means of getting assistance to work, how is it going to work in future if I have an emergency?
  • hi cherryduck welcome to the community.
    if you typed message the team and your question you should get a reply.
    When you say the quote is different to what you had on the comparison site can you post more details here?

You need to look at the annual cost in both, that should be the same, the monthly payments are split 40% in warmer months 60% in colder months so your payment will be lower until october but the ANNUAL cost should tally.
    Post more details and someone will help, and wattbot isn't instant, replies usually within 24 hrs.
    There is an emergency section in the app/online by the way.

• Hi woz, when I typed my messages they never show up in the conversation with Wattbot, and the Close button top right has a spinning circle. I've checked this morning and there has been no response of any kind. The quote says Apr-Sep £65/month and Oct-Mar £98/month. Given that September is next month, that would mean I'd be almost immediately paying the higher price. Presumably this loops around and from April to September of next year I'd be paying the lower amount?

Even if this is the case, if I can't get Wattbot to talk to me and I can't get hold of a person to help, I might have to cancel my switch because I seem to have no way of getting assistance.
    Last edited by cherryduck; 14-08-19 at 09:16.
  • Hi woz, when I typed my messages they never show up in the conversation with Wattbot, and the Close button top right has a spinning circle. I've checked this morning and there has been no response of any kind. The quote says Apr-Sep £65/month and Oct-Mar £98/month. Given that September is next month, that would mean I'd be almost immediately paying the higher price. Presumably this loops around and from April to September of next year I'd be paying the lower amount?

Even if this is the case, if I can't get Wattbot to talk to me and I can't get hold of a person to help, I might have to cancel my switch because I seem to have no way of getting assistance.

• hi cherryduck, sorry for the delay in replying
    It sounds like wattbot isn't working for you, that needs sorting you may need to update the app,but in the meanwhile you should be able to get answers here.
    I assume you're on a phone or tablet, can you click on the 3 white lines and look at the bottom of the menu, what version is your app? It should be 7.23.1. If not can you update or delete and reinstall?
    (If it is 7.23.1 then do you have access to a computer where you can get your email, or someone else's email? you can now login online, you'll need to forward the login mail to whatever email account is on that computer)

I think can see what the problem is here, and as you say it's down to the timing.
    There is little I can do to persuade you that the summer winter split is a fairer way of doing things, it's unfortunate if you happen to join when it moves to the higher amount, but then the weather gets colder and you use more.
    So yes, your October payment will be the higher amount and that might make you think it's more expensive than your previous, but you have to look at the annual cost.
    I'll give you an example which might help using the figures from your quote
    Your total annual if prices don't change (it's a variable tariff but you would get notice if there is a change up or down)
    is 6x£65 plus 6x£98 =£978
    If that was split into 12 equal payments it would be £81.50
    In the colder months you pay £16.50 more for 6 months and in the warmer months you pay £16.50 less for 6 months than you would if it was split into 12 equal payments.
    If your previous provider was split into 12 equal payments you should compare the £81.50.
    If that is genuinely going to cause problems you have the option once the first payment is made of asking for your DD to be set for less for October but you'd need to then ask for the payment to be increased in April, in my opinion it would be best left as is.
    Does that help at all? If you still need to communicate with someone from PP, while wattbot isn't working you can send a direct message to marc or nataly. Post back if that's the case?
    and let's try to get wattbot working

Hi woz, when I typed my messages they never show up in the conversation with Wattbot, and the Close button top right has a spinning circle. I've checked this morning and there has been no response of any kind. The quote says Apr-Sep £65/month and Oct-Mar £98/month. Given that September is next month, that would mean I'd be almost immediately paying the higher price. Presumably this loops around and from April to September of next year I'd be paying the lower amount?

Last edited by woz; 15-08-19 at 13:48.
  • hi cherryduck, sorry for the delay in replying
    It sounds like wattbot isn't working for you, that needs sorting you may need to update the app,but in the meanwhile you should be able to get answers here.
    I assume you're on a phone or tablet, can you click on the 3 white lines and look at the bottom of the menu, what version is your app? It should be 7.23.1. If not can you update or delete and reinstall?
    (If it is 7.23.1 then do you have access to a computer where you can get your email, or someone else's email? you can now login online, you'll need to forward the login mail to whatever email account is on that computer)

I think can see what the problem is here, and as you say it's down to the timing.
    There is little I can do to persuade you that the summer winter split is a fairer way of doing things, it's unfortunate if you happen to join when it moves to the higher amount, but then the weather gets colder and you use more.
    So yes, your October payment will be the higher amount and that might make you think it's more expensive than your previous, but you have to look at the annual cost.
    I'll give you an example which might help using the figures from your quote
    Your total annual if prices don't change (it's a variable tariff but you would get notice if there is a change up or down)
    is 6x£65 plus 6x£98 =£978
    If that was split into 12 equal payments it would be £81.50
    In the colder months you pay £16.50 more for 6 months and in the warmer months you pay £16.50 less for 6 months than you would if it was split into 12 equal payments.
    If your previous provider was split into 12 equal payments you should compare the £81.50.
    If that is genuinely going to cause problems you have the option once the first payment is made of asking for your DD to be set for less for October but you'd need to then ask for the payment to be increased in April, in my opinion it would be best left as is.
    Does that help at all? If you still need to communicate with someone from PP, while wattbot isn't working you can send a direct message to marc or nataly. Post back if that's the case?
    and let's try to get wattbot working

Hi woz, when I typed my messages they never show up in the conversation with Wattbot, and the Close button top right has a spinning circle. I've checked this morning and there has been no response of any kind. The quote says Apr-Sep £65/month and Oct-Mar £98/month. Given that September is next month, that would mean I'd be almost immediately paying the higher price. Presumably this loops around and from April to September of next year I'd be paying the lower amount?