• Price rise

Have been a bit surprised by pure planet increasing my energy price as every time I send in a meter reading the app asks me to check both electricity and gas readings are lower than expected. Just wondered if any one else has had it happen to.
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Have been a bit surprised by pure planet increasing my energy price as every time I send in a meter reading the app asks me to check both electricity and gas readings are lower than expected. Just wondered if any one else has had it happen to.
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

hi kenek49
    let me stop you right there...
    ​You will only pay for the energy you use.
    PP haven't increased your energy prices, the lower than expected reading can mean a couple of things but it's nothing to do with the price of your energy.
    PP was expecting your reading to be lower so it's asking you to double check and make sure that the reading you entered is correct.

Look at the balance on your statement, if it's persistently going down then you are using more energy than the direct debit is set for (the amount of the DD is based on your original quote). If this is happening you're using more than you were quoted for and you may need to increase the DD.
    If its staying positive and it's anywhere near a months payment after you've paid the DD, which is about where it should be then all is well, just ignore the message.
    The formula used to work out whether to send the message isn't very clever and quite a few people have got the higher or lower than expected message when there is nothing amiss.
  • hi kenek49
    let me stop you right there...
    ​You will only pay for the energy you use.
    PP haven't increased your energy prices, the lower than expected reading can mean a couple of things but it's nothing to do with the price of your energy.
    PP was expecting your reading to be lower so it's asking you to double check and make sure that the reading you entered is correct.

Look at the balance on your statement, if it's persistently going down then you are using more energy than the direct debit is set for (the amount of the DD is based on your original quote). If this is happening you're using more than you were quoted for and you may need to increase the DD.
    If its staying positive and it's anywhere near a months payment after you've paid the DD, which is about where it should be then all is well, just ignore the message.
    The formula used to work out whether to send the message isn't very clever and quite a few people have got the higher or lower than expected message when there is nothing amiss.

• Hi kenek49
    As this is your first post, welcome to the Pure Planet community!
    First, to reassure you - your prices haven't gone up - Pure Planet won't increase (or reduce) your tariff without giving you notice.
    Second, loads of people get the nudge to check their meter readings because they are lower than expected. Some see it as a very annoying message; some appreciate the nudge to double check their readings. I see it as a sign of encouragement that I've used less energy than expected.

But it's nothing to do with the price you are paying.

Hope that helps
    Stephen
  • Hi kenek49
    As this is your first post, welcome to the Pure Planet community!
    First, to reassure you - your prices haven't gone up - Pure Planet won't increase (or reduce) your tariff without giving you notice.
    Second, loads of people get the nudge to check their meter readings because they are lower than expected. Some see it as a very annoying message; some appreciate the nudge to double check their readings. I see it as a sign of encouragement that I've used less energy than expected.

But it's nothing to do with the price you are paying.

Hope that helps
    Stephen

• Pure Planet emailed to say they are raising my monthly fee. As I haven't sent in the last couple of readings they have over estimated. I have emailed them twice about this, but no reply. What can I do?
  • Pure Planet emailed to say they are raising my monthly fee. As I haven't sent in the last couple of readings they have over estimated. I have emailed them twice about this, but no reply. What can I do?

• hi harobed
    enter some readings and go to help ask wattbot type message the team and ask them to review your dd. Replies not instant circa 24 hours. If your balance is constantly reducing you may be asked to pay more, ideally your balance should be around a months average payment when the dd is taken as it’s paid at start of billing period.
  • hi harobed
    enter some readings and go to help ask wattbot type message the team and ask them to review your dd. Replies not instant circa 24 hours. If your balance is constantly reducing you may be asked to pay more, ideally your balance should be around a months average payment when the dd is taken as it’s paid at start of billing period.