• Incorrect Gas meter serial number

Hi, I am inputting my gas and electric readings, however the gas meter serial number does not match that shown on Pure Planet, how should I proceed
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Hi, I am inputting my gas and electric readings, however the gas meter serial number does not match that shown on Pure Planet, how should I proceed
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

hi James
    ​I have to say, well spotted!
    Are these opening readings or ongoing readings? In other words have there been previous reading submitted?

and...just to be sure you are looking at the serial not the MPRN? (supply number)

The serial should match - that needs putting right, it's probable that the meter has been changed but the database hasn't been updated.
    Go to help in app or online ,ask wattbot, type message the team and attach a photo of the meter showing it's serial with your question, someone from PP will look into it and get back to you. In the meanwhile you should continue to supply readings
  • hi James
    ​I have to say, well spotted!
    Are these opening readings or ongoing readings? In other words have there been previous reading submitted?

and...just to be sure you are looking at the serial not the MPRN? (supply number)

The serial should match - that needs putting right, it's probable that the meter has been changed but the database hasn't been updated.
    Go to help in app or online ,ask wattbot, type message the team and attach a photo of the meter showing it's serial with your question, someone from PP will look into it and get back to you. In the meanwhile you should continue to supply readings

• Hey @JamesG65 well spotted! And welcome to the PP Community

Great advice from @woz if you could send our Member Services team a photo of your gas meter that'd be great.

They'll then be able to let you know what's happened and get the issue fixed for you - as @woz suggested it could be a mismatch of info on the national database.

Let us know how it goes!
  • Hey @JamesG65 well spotted! And welcome to the PP Community

Great advice from @woz if you could send our Member Services team a photo of your gas meter that'd be great.

They'll then be able to let you know what's happened and get the issue fixed for you - as @woz suggested it could be a mismatch of info on the national database.

Let us know how it goes!

• Hi Nataly,I input JamesG65 details of both meter readings, and at the time of inputting the readings I attached a picture of the meter reading and serial number (as it was later suggested on here). How and when will JamesG65 know if the new reading have been updated on the national data base. FYI the gas meter was replaced approximately 6 to 8 weeks prior to the changeover.
  • Hi Nataly,I input JamesG65 details of both meter readings, and at the time of inputting the readings I attached a picture of the meter reading and serial number (as it was later suggested on here). How and when will JamesG65 know if the new reading have been updated on the national data base. FYI the gas meter was replaced approximately 6 to 8 weeks prior to the changeover.

• Hi @JimmyG and @JamesG65

Looks like whoever is the account holder has sent a message to the team - they replied on 15 August requesting some further info so they can identify the issue.

Once the issue's confirmed they'd let you know a timescale for how long it'd take.
    If it was that the national database needs updating, you'd know this is complete once your account's showing the correct meter details.

If whoever's the account holder? Could check WattBot and reply to the team's message, they'll be able to get working on this for you
  • Hi @JimmyG and @JamesG65

Looks like whoever is the account holder has sent a message to the team - they replied on 15 August requesting some further info so they can identify the issue.

Once the issue's confirmed they'd let you know a timescale for how long it'd take.
    If it was that the national database needs updating, you'd know this is complete once your account's showing the correct meter details.

If whoever's the account holder? Could check WattBot and reply to the team's message, they'll be able to get working on this for you