Poll: If PP offered an incentivised tariff for EV owners , would you be prepared to pay more?

• hi bob
    I beg to differ with your interpretation, however putting that to one side, and trying to move this along constructively, what action and timescale would you like to see?

I've just done a very quick check, so my figures may be askew, so please do forgive me if they are wrong.
    I've found nine companies who offer EV tariffs, of that nine, five are peak/off-peak offerings and four aren't.
    I estimate there are between 40 and 50 energy suppliers lets call it 40 (very hard to know exactly even with the ofgem data) so about 12% are offering an off peak option and 10% a non off-peak and about just<80% offering no option at all.
    Most if not all of those companies are much bigger than Pure planet there were only 2 small companies both of which were not in the big 6 who offered an off-peak option, both of those I think are larger than PP (hard to know exactly but a with quick dip into the available data)

​Your move....

Quote Originally Posted by bobbin2u View Post
    Precisely. Talk is cheap. There is no action. Plus, in that discussion, they cite outdated and insufficient research and encourage the opinion that an EV tariff would be punitive towards non-EV customers which resulted in the title of this thread and the nature of the question in this poll.
    Last edited by woz; 15-08-19 at 00:28.
  • hi bob
    I beg to differ with your interpretation, however putting that to one side, and trying to move this along constructively, what action and timescale would you like to see?

I've just done a very quick check, so my figures may be askew, so please do forgive me if they are wrong.
    I've found nine companies who offer EV tariffs, of that nine, five are peak/off-peak offerings and four aren't.
    I estimate there are between 40 and 50 energy suppliers lets call it 40 (very hard to know exactly even with the ofgem data) so about 12% are offering an off peak option and 10% a non off-peak and about just<80% offering no option at all.
    Most if not all of those companies are much bigger than Pure planet there were only 2 small companies both of which were not in the big 6 who offered an off-peak option, both of those I think are larger than PP (hard to know exactly but a with quick dip into the available data)

​Your move....

Precisely. Talk is cheap. There is no action. Plus, in that discussion, they cite outdated and insufficient research and encourage the opinion that an EV tariff would be punitive towards non-EV customers which resulted in the title of this thread and the nature of the question in this poll.
  • Tariff to include reduced rates for overnight charging/electricity use sometime within the next 12 months.
    Pure Planet to demonstrate, via this forum or otherwise, that they aren't anti-EV friendly tariff. They started their EV thread 7 months ago and it's gone nowhere. They are still preaching the same outdated message and encouraging missleading opinion.

Your go...
  • Tariff to include reduced rates for overnight charging/electricity use sometime within the next 12 months.
    Pure Planet to demonstrate, via this forum or otherwise, that they aren't anti-EV friendly tariff. They started their EV thread 7 months ago and it's gone nowhere. They are still preaching the same outdated message and encouraging missleading opinion.

Your go...
  • All good then. I'm sure PP will read this.

Tariff to include reduced rates for overnight charging/electricity use sometime within the next 12 months.

Your go...
  • All good then. I'm sure PP will read this.

Tariff to include reduced rates for overnight charging/electricity use sometime within the next 12 months.

Your go...
  • So do you still think an EV tariff would require non EV users to pay more for their electricity and hence subsidise customers who use Pure Planet to charge their EVs?

Because this is what Pure Planet and BP want you to think.
    Last edited by bobbin2u; 15-08-19 at 09:33. Reason: Grammar
  • So do you still think an EV tariff would require non EV users to pay more for their electricity and hence subsidise customers who use Pure Planet to charge their EVs?

Because this is what Pure Planet and BP want you to think.
  • Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    It was Gwyndy, and you can read read his cogent reply above.

I was hoping it would have been Spartacus 😂
  • Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    It was Gwyndy, and you can read read his cogent reply above.

I was hoping it would have been Spartacus 😂