• Switching issues

On Wednesday I started a switch to Pure Planet. On Thursday my old provider asked me to settle the outstanding debt on my direct debit. I paid immediately. An hour later I got an email from Pure Planet saying my switch was being cancelled because my previous provider was blocking it because I hadn’t settled my debt. Clearly the timing had been problematic but I had paid the debt. PP asked me to start the switch again. I tried to but online it says I need to set up an account. When I try to, it says I’ve already got an account. When I go to my account it says the switch is blocked...what can I do next? I think I wouldn’t have initiated a switch to PP if I’d known it wouldn’t be possible to speak to a customer services person.
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • On Wednesday I started a switch to Pure Planet. On Thursday my old provider asked me to settle the outstanding debt on my direct debit. I paid immediately. An hour later I got an email from Pure Planet saying my switch was being cancelled because my previous provider was blocking it because I hadn’t settled my debt. Clearly the timing had been problematic but I had paid the debt. PP asked me to start the switch again. I tried to but online it says I need to set up an account. When I try to, it says I’ve already got an account. When I go to my account it says the switch is blocked...what can I do next? I think I wouldn’t have initiated a switch to PP if I’d known it wouldn’t be possible to speak to a customer services person.
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hi @Julia R

When you logged in, were you able to get a new quote?

You'd need to get a new quote and restart your switch to us

We're 100% digital which helps us be more efficient and save money - savings we can then pass on to you.
    You can contact our Member Services team by tapping 'help' > 'Ask WattBot' in your account

Hope that helps?
  • Hi @Julia R

When you logged in, were you able to get a new quote?

You'd need to get a new quote and restart your switch to us

We're 100% digital which helps us be more efficient and save money - savings we can then pass on to you.
    You can contact our Member Services team by tapping 'help' > 'Ask WattBot' in your account

Hope that helps?

• I had the same blocking issues. Tried telling Pure Planet's Webchat service that they had the wrong MPAN number and all I got was a standard pre written reply. I'd prefer to talk to someone therefore I'm not switching to them now
  • I had the same blocking issues. Tried telling Pure Planet's Webchat service that they had the wrong MPAN number and all I got was a standard pre written reply. I'd prefer to talk to someone therefore I'm not switching to them now

• hi Brian
    Well spotted that your mpan was incorrect, that is very unusual, have you got related supplies (i.e. 2) by any chance?
    It isn't a webchat service, and nowhere does it say it is.
    For anyone else reading this in the future if you'd have typed message the team into wattbot and your query it would have been answered in about 24 hours.
    Good luck wherever you decide to switch.
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmccaig View Post
    I had the same blocking issues. Tried telling Pure Planet's Webchat service that they had the wrong MPAN number and all I got was a standard pre written reply. I'd prefer to talk to someone therefore I'm not switching to them now
  • hi Brian
    Well spotted that your mpan was incorrect, that is very unusual, have you got related supplies (i.e. 2) by any chance?
    It isn't a webchat service, and nowhere does it say it is.
    For anyone else reading this in the future if you'd have typed message the team into wattbot and your query it would have been answered in about 24 hours.
    Good luck wherever you decide to switch.
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmccaig View Post
    I had the same blocking issues. Tried telling Pure Planet's Webchat service that they had the wrong MPAN number and all I got was a standard pre written reply. I'd prefer to talk to someone therefore I'm not switching to them now