• Supplier to 2 property

Hi We are planning to move to a new property and intend to rent the current one. There would be interim period where I would have 2 property whilst we move and later rent the current. Could I continue to retain Pure in my current house and also have a switch to Pure in the new home. Thus have pure as a supplier to both property for a defined period eventually once I move out can move my account new home?

I could find any information and also unsure if I managed to explain well. But would be great help to receive support from experts.

Balaji
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Hi We are planning to move to a new property and intend to rent the current one. There would be interim period where I would have 2 property whilst we move and later rent the current. Could I continue to retain Pure in my current house and also have a switch to Pure in the new home. Thus have pure as a supplier to both property for a defined period eventually once I move out can move my account new home?

I could find any information and also unsure if I managed to explain well. But would be great help to receive support from experts.

Balaji
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hi Bala.

As an 'uneducated guess' - I would say you would have to do the following.

Open a 'new account' for the new home.

Then close the 'old account' when you leave the old home.

Therefore you would probably need a second email address and linked copy of the app for the new account.

I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than me will come along shortly, but as your account is linked to your email address for logging in, I can't see any other way to do it.

Regards
    Gwynd
  • Hi Bala.

As an 'uneducated guess' - I would say you would have to do the following.

Therefore you would probably need a second email address and linked copy of the app for the new account.

I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than me will come along shortly, but as your account is linked to your email address for logging in, I can't see any other way to do it.

Regards
    Gwynd

• hi Bala
    no problem running two separate accounts, it's very easy lots of people do it but there is a but (it's not a big but with apologies to sir mixalot).

As said you will need 2 email addresses, (if you are on gmail that's really easy to achieve without a real second address, post back and I'll explain that bit if it's relevant to you)
    You have a choice, you can either use the same app on the same device and log out and back in for each account (I don't like that way personally), or the same computer and log out and in, or the same computer with 2 different browsers (for example chrome for one account and firefox for the other then you can stay logged it on the same computer for both)
    The most important thing to make the process as easy as possible is that whatever way you do it, you'll need some way of accessing the login mail for the second account, on the device or computer that the account is on.

If you can't do that easily then the login mail can simply be forwarded to whatever email account is accessible to you the device or computer with the second account to enable you to log in. Once logged in it will stay logged even if the app or website is closed unless you log out, which is why my preference is to keep the two accounts seperate. It saves the faff of having to log into one and back out.
    If you're OK so far with this explanation try it and post back with any questions.

The first account will simply be closed when you complete the move out section under accounts when you move out, and you'll get a final bill eventually for that account. When the dust has finally settled on the first account you can arrange to have the email account changed on the second account if that suits you better.
  • hi Bala
    no problem running two separate accounts, it's very easy lots of people do it but there is a but (it's not a big but with apologies to sir mixalot).

As said you will need 2 email addresses, (if you are on gmail that's really easy to achieve without a real second address, post back and I'll explain that bit if it's relevant to you)
    You have a choice, you can either use the same app on the same device and log out and back in for each account (I don't like that way personally), or the same computer and log out and in, or the same computer with 2 different browsers (for example chrome for one account and firefox for the other then you can stay logged it on the same computer for both)
    The most important thing to make the process as easy as possible is that whatever way you do it, you'll need some way of accessing the login mail for the second account, on the device or computer that the account is on.

If you can't do that easily then the login mail can simply be forwarded to whatever email account is accessible to you the device or computer with the second account to enable you to log in. Once logged in it will stay logged even if the app or website is closed unless you log out, which is why my preference is to keep the two accounts seperate. It saves the faff of having to log into one and back out.
    If you're OK so far with this explanation try it and post back with any questions.

The first account will simply be closed when you complete the move out section under accounts when you move out, and you'll get a final bill eventually for that account. When the dust has finally settled on the first account you can arrange to have the email account changed on the second account if that suits you better.

• Quote Originally Posted by Gwyndy View Post
    Hi Bala.

Therefore you would probably need a second email address for the new account.
    Spot on @Gwyndy
    Nice one for helping out a fellow community member!
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Quote Originally Posted by Gwyndy View Post
    Hi Bala.

Therefore you would probably need a second email address for the new account.
    Spot on @Gwyndy
    Nice one for helping out a fellow community member!
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Thanks to all the responses ...

It took a while to get back as was away ...so I understand the only way out
    I can have pure supplying to 2 houses but
    each account is aligned to single email address - so I cannot have 2 house registered to same email address
    then each account is independent and will operate seperately
    so in the interim of the move I can have pure supply to 2 properties with same banking details and personal information except home address - Am I correct?
    When I finally move out of first I close the first account and second account become my primary account
    finally can I amend my new property my regular email address ?

Kindly confirm
    Thanks
  • Thanks to all the responses ...

each account is aligned to single email address - so I cannot have 2 house registered to same email address
    so in the interim of the move I can have pure supply to 2 properties with same banking details and personal information except home address - Am I correct?
    When I finally move out of first I close the first account and second account become my primary account

Kindly confirm
    Thanks

• Quote Originally Posted by Bala View Post
    Thanks to all the responses ...

Kindly confirm
    Thanks
    Yes, sort of, I'm thinking what you could do is change your email address on your current property (visit account section in app) then when you apply for your new property use your main email address for that application, which if it is not in the PP list of emails should be OK. That way you could just create and use a short term disposable email address.

No doubt someone will say why this won't work.
  • Quote Originally Posted by Bala View Post

Kindly confirm
    Thanks
    Yes, sort of, I'm thinking what you could do is change your email address on your current property (visit account section in app) then when you apply for your new property use your main email address for that application, which if it is not in the PP list of emails should be OK. That way you could just create and use a short term disposable email address.

• No doubt someone will, but you're only half right because...
    It will work but I strongly advise against it because it will confuse things with the tie up between your account and the community.
    @Bala If you're on gmail you can use an amended gmail address for the second account as follows:
    if your email was for example balabanana@gmail.com for the main account you could use bala.banana@gmail.com for the second account (put dot anywhere) or balabanana+something@gmail.com and PP will see these as different but you won't.
    Anyway I would use a second email address for the second property, and log in and out for each account.
    Once first property is finished with you should then ask for the email on that account to be changed for the 2nd property and ask PP to confirm the community address has changed too.
    ​Have I confused you?

Quote Originally Posted by X Driver View Post

• No doubt someone will, but you're only half right because...
    It will work but I strongly advise against it because it will confuse things with the tie up between your account and the community.
    @Bala If you're on gmail you can use an amended gmail address for the second account as follows:
    if your email was for example balabanana@gmail.com for the main account you could use bala.banana@gmail.com for the second account (put dot anywhere) or balabanana+something@gmail.com and PP will see these as different but you won't.
    Anyway I would use a second email address for the second property, and log in and out for each account.
    Once first property is finished with you should then ask for the email on that account to be changed for the 2nd property and ask PP to confirm the community address has changed too.
    ​Have I confused you?

Quote Originally Posted by X Driver View Post

• bala see my reply below in addition to xdriver's reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Bala View Post

Kindly confirm
    Thanks
  • bala see my reply below in addition to xdriver's reply

Kindly confirm
    Thanks

• Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    ​Have I confused you?

Confused the hell out of me.

Trust Woz to throw a Spaniard in the works.

Actually as Woz mentioned, it depends upon your email provider as to how they allow you to set up sub accounts, but either way it appears PP need a unique email address for each account.
  • Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    ​Have I confused you?

Confused the hell out of me.

Trust Woz to throw a Spaniard in the works.

Actually as Woz mentioned, it depends upon your email provider as to how they allow you to set up sub accounts, but either way it appears PP need a unique email address for each account.

• hi Bala Yes - Confirmed, but read the entire thread, and to add you probably find it easier to use 2 devices one for each account, if you have two. PC or phone or tablet any combination.

Kindly confirm
    Thanks
  • hi Bala Yes - Confirmed, but read the entire thread, and to add you probably find it easier to use 2 devices one for each account, if you have two. PC or phone or tablet any combination.

Kindly confirm
    Thanks