• Final Bill

The final payment has just been taken out of my bank account and the amount taken is different to my account balance on my final energy bill.
    ​Is there someone who can look into this to see if I have been billed correctly?

Thanks
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • The final payment has just been taken out of my bank account and the amount taken is different to my account balance on my final energy bill.
    ​Is there someone who can look into this to see if I have been billed correctly?

Thanks
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Quote Originally Posted by glyn1 View Post
    I thought the final balance had been settled, as that came out of my account?
    Hi glyn1

I'm poking my nose in here, but I doubt Nataly will respond before Monday...

When she said "it seems that because your final bill was recalculated to use your actual readings, the original outstanding amount was collected (as it had already been requested at the bank)" doesn't she mean that you have a new final bill which requires a one-off payment?

I'm hoping that's helpful
    Stephen
  • Quote Originally Posted by glyn1 View Post
    Hi glyn1

I'm poking my nose in here, but I doubt Nataly will respond before Monday...

When she said "it seems that because your final bill was recalculated to use your actual readings, the original outstanding amount was collected (as it had already been requested at the bank)" doesn't she mean that you have a new final bill which requires a one-off payment?

I'm hoping that's helpful
    Stephen

• hi glyn
    can you look at the final statement and see if the “final” readings were estimated, my guess is the readings have been updated but i may be wrong. The community cant deal with account specific questions. Can you send your message via wattbot type message the team.
    The final payment has just been taken out of my bank account and the amount taken is different to my account balance on my final energy bill.

Thanks
  • hi glyn
    can you look at the final statement and see if the “final” readings were estimated, my guess is the readings have been updated but i may be wrong. The community cant deal with account specific questions. Can you send your message via wattbot type message the team.

Thanks

• No, the final readings were actual readings, the payment taken out was the balance before spend of the last month in the house and not the final account balance. I've tried using wattbot but it hasn't let me send any messages since the date I moved out so I was hoping this could be passed on to a member of the team to contact me
  • No, the final readings were actual readings, the payment taken out was the balance before spend of the last month in the house and not the final account balance. I've tried using wattbot but it hasn't let me send any messages since the date I moved out so I was hoping this could be passed on to a member of the team to contact me

• Hey @glyn1

I checked this out with our Member Services team - it seems that because your final bill was recalculated to use your actual readings, the original outstanding amount was collected (as it had already been requested at the bank).

Check out our FAQ on how to make a one-off payment, to settle the final balance

If you update your app, WattBot should work. There was a bug affecting members who'd moved out, which we've fixed in our latest release
  • Hey @glyn1

I checked this out with our Member Services team - it seems that because your final bill was recalculated to use your actual readings, the original outstanding amount was collected (as it had already been requested at the bank).

If you update your app, WattBot should work. There was a bug affecting members who'd moved out, which we've fixed in our latest release

• Thanks, so to confirm I won’t be charged again?

I have updated the app and tried deleting and reinstalling but wattbot still won’t allow me to send any messages.

Quote Originally Posted by Nataly View Post
    Hey @glyn1

• Thanks, so to confirm I won’t be charged again?

I have updated the app and tried deleting and reinstalling but wattbot still won’t allow me to send any messages.

Quote Originally Posted by Nataly View Post
    Hey @glyn1

Thanks, so to confirm I won’t be charged again? I have updated the app and tried deleting and reinstalling but wattbot still won’t allow me to send any messages.
    Exactly the final balance just needs to be settled which can be done with a one-off payment.

Thanks for letting us know about WattBot, our Tech Team are looking into this.
    Thanks, so to confirm I won’t be charged again? I have updated the app and tried deleting and reinstalling but wattbot still won’t allow me to send any messages.
    Exactly the final balance just needs to be settled which can be done with a one-off payment.

• Quote Originally Posted by Nataly View Post

• Quote Originally Posted by Nataly View Post

• Spot on @stephenrand
  • Spot on @stephenrand