• Charged wrongly ?

Hi,

Im renting a student house which the tenancy begun on 1st July. However, nobody has been in the house since the 1st July, and nobody will be in it till September. But on my payment statement were being charged, even though no gas or electricity has been used since then. Is this a mistake?
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Hi,

Im renting a student house which the tenancy begun on 1st July. However, nobody has been in the house since the 1st July, and nobody will be in it till September. But on my payment statement were being charged, even though no gas or electricity has been used since then. Is this a mistake?
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hello and welcome.

This would be correct, as i recall you have been unable to give meter readings so an estimated bill is produced based on historic usage.
    In your case this will simply result in a large credit balance once you give an accurate meter reading. If you can somehow get a reading then it would help but obviously it may be a road trip for you to be able to do so.
  • Hello and welcome.

This would be correct, as i recall you have been unable to give meter readings so an estimated bill is produced based on historic usage.
    In your case this will simply result in a large credit balance once you give an accurate meter reading. If you can somehow get a reading then it would help but obviously it may be a road trip for you to be able to do so.

• Hi Jon,

Sorry this is a bit late but when I'm able to submit the meter readings will this account for July and August or only one month? Its my first time dealing with meter readings and whatever so I don't know how they work
  • Hi Jon,

Sorry this is a bit late but when I'm able to submit the meter readings will this account for July and August or only one month? Its my first time dealing with meter readings and whatever so I don't know how they work