• Variable direct debits

Hi, if I join, can I have a variable monthly direct debit based on usage?
    Use a lot, pay a lot.
    Don't use much, don't pay much.
    #paywhatyouuse
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Hi, if I join, can I have a variable monthly direct debit based on usage?
    Use a lot, pay a lot.
    #paywhatyouuse
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

The direct debit amount is fixed, but the amount is lower in the 'summer' months and higher in the 'winter' ones.

I think the best chance of getting 'pay what you use' is when Pure Planet roll out smart meters.
  • The direct debit amount is fixed, but the amount is lower in the 'summer' months and higher in the 'winter' ones.

I think the best chance of getting 'pay what you use' is when Pure Planet roll out smart meters.

• hi jarvishere
    put simply, no.
    Just in case you're still interested here's how pp works.
    1. Payments start at start of billing period, first payment on day 1 of your actual switch.
    2. Payments based on Annual estimate of usage
    3. Payments split 40% of annual over 6 warmer months (you use less), 60% in colder months.(you use more)
    Just to clarify and as said, that means you get to keep more of your money when you use less energy when compared to 12 equal payments
    What you're asking for is pay as you go. I don't know if anyone does that.

Quote Originally Posted by jarvishere View Post
    Use a lot, pay a lot.
    #paywhatyouuse
  • hi jarvishere
    put simply, no.
    Just in case you're still interested here's how pp works.
    1. Payments start at start of billing period, first payment on day 1 of your actual switch.
    2. Payments based on Annual estimate of usage
    3. Payments split 40% of annual over 6 warmer months (you use less), 60% in colder months.(you use more)
    Just to clarify and as said, that means you get to keep more of your money when you use less energy when compared to 12 equal payments
    What you're asking for is pay as you go. I don't know if anyone does that.

Quote Originally Posted by jarvishere View Post
    Use a lot, pay a lot.
    #paywhatyouuse

• How often are direct debit amounts reviewed then? I've been with Pure Planet since October and my monthly payments are consistently a good bit higher than my usage. I've now got about £200 credit which seems a lot.
  • How often are direct debit amounts reviewed then? I've been with Pure Planet since October and my monthly payments are consistently a good bit higher than my usage. I've now got about £200 credit which seems a lot.

• Hello myquil.

If you are consistently building up credit, then simply go into help and then wattbot. Message the team and ask for your monthly payment to be reduced by £10 a month or whatever is needed. This you can do anytime. Just remember ideally you should be in credit by one months payment
  • Hello myquil.

If you are consistently building up credit, then simply go into help and then wattbot. Message the team and ask for your monthly payment to be reduced by £10 a month or whatever is needed. This you can do anytime. Just remember ideally you should be in credit by one months payment

• Quote Originally Posted by Myquil View Post
    How often are direct debit amounts reviewed then? I've been with Pure Planet since October and my monthly payments are consistently a good bit higher than my usage. I've now got about £200 credit which seems a lot.
    Hi Myquil,

I have also been a PP customer since October and I also have a Credit balance similar to yours.
    What I am doing is let the full 12 month period run it's course on the original DD payment schedule. At this point I will ask PP to review my payments based on "actual" annual usage with PP.
    I would then expect a "reasonable" reduction in my DD payments for the following year.
    In my opinion, if you ask PP to alter your current payment schedule now, then it will slightly skew any calculations that PP will make for next year. That's assuming that you will still be a PP customer next year.
    Obviously, the choice is entirely up to you.
    Gray4276
  • Quote Originally Posted by Myquil View Post
    How often are direct debit amounts reviewed then? I've been with Pure Planet since October and my monthly payments are consistently a good bit higher than my usage. I've now got about £200 credit which seems a lot.
    Hi Myquil,

I have also been a PP customer since October and I also have a Credit balance similar to yours.
    What I am doing is let the full 12 month period run it's course on the original DD payment schedule. At this point I will ask PP to review my payments based on "actual" annual usage with PP.
    I would then expect a "reasonable" reduction in my DD payments for the following year.
    In my opinion, if you ask PP to alter your current payment schedule now, then it will slightly skew any calculations that PP will make for next year. That's assuming that you will still be a PP customer next year.
    Obviously, the choice is entirely up to you.
    Gray4276

• hi myquil
    every 6 months but if the £200 is the balance after you’ve paid the dd that’s not a huge disparity. It depends on what proportion of your annual estimate is for heating. The payments will rise in October. If you want pp to review your dd just ask and it will be done, they have no desire to hang onto the excess. It’s all based on an estimate and will fluctuate. Go to help type message the team and ask.
  • hi myquil
    every 6 months but if the £200 is the balance after you’ve paid the dd that’s not a huge disparity. It depends on what proportion of your annual estimate is for heating. The payments will rise in October. If you want pp to review your dd just ask and it will be done, they have no desire to hang onto the excess. It’s all based on an estimate and will fluctuate. Go to help type message the team and ask.