• meter reading

I have changed my date of direct debit. From middle of the month(due change over from other supplier) to 1st of the month. So now I want to change my meter reading day so that it is just after the DD date.I have been submitting my reading on 2nd of the month, but bill still comes after the 15th, why?
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • I have changed my date of direct debit. From middle of the month(due change over from other supplier) to 1st of the month. So now I want to change my meter reading day so that it is just after the DD date.I have been submitting my reading on 2nd of the month, but bill still comes after the 15th, why?
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hello and welcome.
    As you have done you can change the DD date to someething more suitable for you, usually payday related.
    However you cant change the meter reading date, it makes no differance to what you pay and would proberly be more hassle than its worth for PP to allow people to randomly change the billing date.
  • Hello and welcome.
    As you have done you can change the DD date to someething more suitable for you, usually payday related.
    However you cant change the meter reading date, it makes no differance to what you pay and would proberly be more hassle than its worth for PP to allow people to randomly change the billing date.

• hi kesto81
    The billing date is set according to the date you switched in to Pure Planet.
    There is no benefit to changing it, (and you can't anway). If you give readings as near to that date as you can your statement will always be at it's most accurate.
    (Whatever the statement date, the days between the last submission date before the statement date, and the statement date will be estimated - gosh that sounds confusing but it isn't)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kesto81 View Post
    I have changed my date of direct debit. From middle of the month(due change over from other supplier) to 1st of the month. So now I want to change my meter reading day so that it is just after the DD date.I have been submitting my reading on 2nd of the month, but bill still comes after the 15th, why?
  • hi kesto81
    The billing date is set according to the date you switched in to Pure Planet.
    There is no benefit to changing it, (and you can't anway). If you give readings as near to that date as you can your statement will always be at it's most accurate.
    (Whatever the statement date, the days between the last submission date before the statement date, and the statement date will be estimated - gosh that sounds confusing but it isn't)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kesto81 View Post