• Solar panels

Hi fellow pure planters, I have a query.
    I have solar panels which produced 543kWh in June. My Pure Planet useage was 480kWh in June so I'm wondering why my bill is so high and they've just increased my ddm to a level similar to one of the big six providers that I left to join PP.
    Has anyone else got a solar panels or similar issues?
    Regards
    Bradders
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Hi fellow pure planters, I have a query.
    I have solar panels which produced 543kWh in June. My Pure Planet useage was 480kWh in June so I'm wondering why my bill is so high and they've just increased my ddm to a level similar to one of the big six providers that I left to join PP.
    Regards
    Bradders
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

hi Bradders
    PP don't care (in the nicest possible way!) whether you have solar panels.
    What PP do to the dd is entirely dependent on the meter readings and usage they get to see from submitted meter readings.

If they see the balance consistently decreasing such that the dd won't cover usage long term they will increase your dd.
    If that isn't the case and your balance is healthy, then there has been an error.

I have no idea how your solar panels are wired to the meter, I do know there have been quite a few cases reported where the generation is added to the meter readings rather than subtracted, so the first thing you need to do is check what you're being charged for on the statement.
    If your balance looks healthy ask them why the increase and to to review the dd.
    ​Post back when you have more info from the statements?

Quote Originally Posted by Bradders View Post
    Regards
    Bradders
  • hi Bradders
    PP don't care (in the nicest possible way!) whether you have solar panels.
    What PP do to the dd is entirely dependent on the meter readings and usage they get to see from submitted meter readings.

If they see the balance consistently decreasing such that the dd won't cover usage long term they will increase your dd.
    If that isn't the case and your balance is healthy, then there has been an error.

I have no idea how your solar panels are wired to the meter, I do know there have been quite a few cases reported where the generation is added to the meter readings rather than subtracted, so the first thing you need to do is check what you're being charged for on the statement.
    If your balance looks healthy ask them why the increase and to to review the dd.
    ​Post back when you have more info from the statements?

Regards
    Bradders

• @Bev another one for the list!
    Name:  planter.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  3.7 KB<--planter
    Last edited by woz; 03-08-19 at 14:27.
  • @Bev another one for the list!

• Thank you for the quick reply. Any energy produced from my panels goes stra=
    ight off my useage or should do. Either my useage is extortionate or PP aren't taken the solar power into account? I'll have to dig further but thank you once again. Mark
  • Thank you for the quick reply. Any energy produced from my panels goes stra=
    ight off my useage or should do. Either my useage is extortionate or PP aren't taken the solar power into account? I'll have to dig further but thank you once again. Mark

• hi Bradders
    If your original quote was based on your usage before taking into account the panel generation I would expect your balance to be increasing in which case it would not be necessary to increase your DD.
    Either it's an error or your meter readings are not reflecting your import. You need to do some careful checks, can you start by taking daily readings, you should be able to work out if the metered use is really what you're using especially while generated energy is high.
    Thank you for the quick reply. Any energy produced from my panels goes stra=
  • hi Bradders
    If your original quote was based on your usage before taking into account the panel generation I would expect your balance to be increasing in which case it would not be necessary to increase your DD.
    Either it's an error or your meter readings are not reflecting your import. You need to do some careful checks, can you start by taking daily readings, you should be able to work out if the metered use is really what you're using especially while generated energy is high.
    Thank you for the quick reply. Any energy produced from my panels goes stra=

• Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    @Bev another one for the list!
    ​Bit of an in joke, Bradders. Nothing personal. Laughing WITH you, not at you 👍👍
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    @Bev another one for the list!
    ​Bit of an in joke, Bradders. Nothing personal. Laughing WITH you, not at you 👍👍

WALT WHITMAN

• oops, no wish to offend!! Blame our immaturity..although mine's getting on a bit...At least it wasn't purple...
    (and we don't work for PP)

Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    ​Bit of an in joke, Bradders. Nothing personal. Laughing WITH you, not at you ������������
    Last edited by woz; 03-08-19 at 17:11.
  • oops, no wish to offend!! Blame our immaturity..although mine's getting on a bit...At least it wasn't purple...
    (and we don't work for PP)

Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    ​Bit of an in joke, Bradders. Nothing personal. Laughing WITH you, not at you ������������

• 😂😂😂😂😂No chance Wozeeta, but just to be sure, for those that don’t yet know our sense of juvenile humour 😂😂😂😂. Keep em coming, I say! Make me howl!

WALT WHITMAN
  • 😂😂😂😂😂No chance Wozeeta, but just to be sure, for those that don’t yet know our sense of juvenile humour 😂😂😂😂. Keep em coming, I say! Make me howl!

WALT WHITMAN