• smart meter duff

Hi, I have reported this problem - see below, but all I got was a silly email saying power off/on, plug in near box etc etc. Anyway tried all that and it is not fixed. It then said try Whatbot or something like that on the account - there is no Whatbot, So The problem:-

The Gas link seems to work, the Electricity says Waiting for data, I have looked at System Status and for elec it says Error 28.1
    I have only had the box 24 hours, it has never worked for electricity.

Life is too short for this type of tat, get a grip someone or come and take this tat away.
    ​Cheers, Mark

NB, I'm not logging on to this again so please email me a response
    Last edited by Marc; 02-08-19 at 08:36. Reason: removing personal email address from public forum
  • Hi, I have reported this problem - see below, but all I got was a silly email saying power off/on, plug in near box etc etc. Anyway tried all that and it is not fixed. It then said try Whatbot or something like that on the account - there is no Whatbot, So The problem:-

The Gas link seems to work, the Electricity says Waiting for data, I have looked at System Status and for elec it says Error 28.1

Life is too short for this type of tat, get a grip someone or come and take this tat away.
    ​Cheers, Mark

NB, I'm not logging on to this again so please email me a response

• hi marksinton
    1. It's a trial - but you knew that.
    2.There are known communication issues, PP are aware and waiting for a fix. That's not to say that your issue is that one it may be something entirely different.
    3. Wattbot is in help in the app or online, click on the 3 white lines top right, click on help, there is ask wattbot.
    If you want to send a message to the team type "message the team" and your message, replies not instant.
    If it's bothering you, get a grip (see what I did there) and put the tat in a draw until issues are resolved, after all you managed before you had it.

As it's just been installed you could try contacting the installers (Magnum). 0116 478 3574 maybe they know what 28.1 is.
    If I had access to the info I'd fall over myself to help, sadly I don't, but my guess is it's saying there is a communication error.
    P.S. (in the same vein as your P.S)
    When you joined PP you knew that they didn't have call centres and communication is via wattbot and the helpful community which works for everyone most of the time. (There is the odd glitch but hey, that's life.)

You've posted your personal email in a public community - I've flagged it.
    ​You may not see this reply as you aren't logging on again...
    (and that's not to say I'm unsympathetic that the tech does't do what it should.)
    Quote Originally Posted by marksinton View Post
    Hi, I have reported this problem - see below, but all I got was a silly email saying power off/on, plug in near box etc etc. Anyway tried all that and it is not fixed. It then said try Whatbot or something like that on the account - there is no Whatbot, So The problem:-

​Cheers, Mark
    Last edited by woz; 01-08-19 at 19:43.
  • hi marksinton
    1. It's a trial - but you knew that.
    2.There are known communication issues, PP are aware and waiting for a fix. That's not to say that your issue is that one it may be something entirely different.
    3. Wattbot is in help in the app or online, click on the 3 white lines top right, click on help, there is ask wattbot.
    If you want to send a message to the team type "message the team" and your message, replies not instant.
    If it's bothering you, get a grip (see what I did there) and put the tat in a draw until issues are resolved, after all you managed before you had it.

As it's just been installed you could try contacting the installers (Magnum). 0116 478 3574 maybe they know what 28.1 is.
    If I had access to the info I'd fall over myself to help, sadly I don't, but my guess is it's saying there is a communication error.
    P.S. (in the same vein as your P.S)
    When you joined PP you knew that they didn't have call centres and communication is via wattbot and the helpful community which works for everyone most of the time. (There is the odd glitch but hey, that's life.)

You've posted your personal email in a public community - I've flagged it.
    ​You may not see this reply as you aren't logging on again...
    (and that's not to say I'm unsympathetic that the tech does't do what it should.)
    Quote Originally Posted by marksinton View Post

​Cheers, Mark

• Would someone mind removing his personal email address? I don't think it should be shared here?
    I guess we'll hust havevto wait and see if he returns.

I think Error 28:1 means that the IHD is not receiving readings from the Smart Meter (in this case for electricity) - it may also mean that PP aren't receiving them either.
  • Would someone mind removing his personal email address? I don't think it should be shared here?
    I guess we'll hust havevto wait and see if he returns.

I think Error 28:1 means that the IHD is not receiving readings from the Smart Meter (in this case for electricity) - it may also mean that PP aren't receiving them either.

• Hi @marksinton
    Welcome to the community!
    Thanks for posting. @woz is right, there are some known IHD issues affecting all suppliers.
    But that's mostly affecting gas data, not electricity as you're seeing (or, to be precise, not seeing).
    Either way our Member services and smart meter teams are looking into this for you. They'll be doing their best to sort it
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Hi @marksinton
    Welcome to the community!
    Thanks for posting. @woz is right, there are some known IHD issues affecting all suppliers.
    But that's mostly affecting gas data, not electricity as you're seeing (or, to be precise, not seeing).
    Either way our Member services and smart meter teams are looking into this for you. They'll be doing their best to sort it
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Mine has exactly the same issue. Gas appears to work but electricity is "still waiting for data".
    I'll wait to hear what to do next after restating in three different positions to no avail.
    Many thanks
    Ruth
  • Mine has exactly the same issue. Gas appears to work but electricity is "still waiting for data".
    I'll wait to hear what to do next after restating in three different positions to no avail.
    Many thanks
    Ruth